The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9220
Original post by chickenonsteroids
I rather like grammar... but only when I get it right :tongue: it feels like I've conquered something :smug:

I think it's best that grammar stays the same :lol: if it was always changing my mind would explode

Everything's nicer when you're getting it right :P
Yeah of course grammar should stay the same but I think a little variation would be nice.
Come on over to the Year 11 thread.

:sexface:
Reply 9222
I hate it when you're doing a Core 2 paper and you're convinced that you can't even do the cosine rule properly and then it turns out that your calculator was in radians. :facepalm:
Original post by Etoile
I hate it when you're doing a Core 2 paper and you're convinced that you can't even do the cosine rule properly and then it turns out that your calculator was in radians. :facepalm:

Smooth....:tongue:
Reply 9224
Original post by wcp100
Smooth....:tongue:

I know. I even went on the mark scheme to see if I was doing it right and they had the exact same thing as me except the answer. :facepalm:
And this was question one on the paper...things are going well :tongue:

Ooh and also I found out that a certain extremely well-known author with almost the same name as me studied French at Exeter, which is where I'd love to go after Cambridge! What are the chances!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Etoile

Niiice. I've done that. It's depressing. Someone MAKE me revise?
Reply 9226
Original post by .snowflake.

Oi Snowflake.... REVISE... Pretty Please... :colondollar:... To be fair... I should probably start by revising myself
Original post by Maxffm
Oi Snowflake.... REVISE... Pretty Please... :colondollar:... To be fair... I should probably start by revising myself

XD. I know i ought to, but I'd no motivation for it. Doesnt hel pwhen get revising has given me AS german written A2 german written A2 speaking and unit 5 chem and unit 2 chem to revise today.
Reply 9228

DO IT NOW OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES :tongue:
Make it fun for yourself and make a promise like, if you do an hour of revision then you can have 20 minutes to do whatever you want or something like that?
Reply 9229
XD. I know i ought to, but I'd no motivation for it. Doesnt hel pwhen get revising has given me AS german written A2 german written A2 speaking and unit 5 chem and unit 2 chem to revise today.

Well then, we can always continue the conversation in German if you rather... and get a bit of chem in there... after all I should probably also be revising it. Motivation is always the hardest part.
Original post by Maxffm
Well then, we can always continue the conversation in German if you rather... and get a bit of chem in there... after all I should probably also be revising it. Motivation is always the hardest part.

the first week of the easter holidays, was doing 6-8 hours a day. Now 6 is a struggle.
Original post by Etoile
DO IT NOW OR SUFFER THE CONSEQUENCES :tongue:
Make it fun for yourself and make a promise like, if you do an hour of revision then you can have 20 minutes to do whatever you want or something like that?

-hides- I'll go and do the A2 german ideas for the speaking, otherwise I'm going to get a speaking card on something i know nowt about, and end up sat there looking like a numpty.
Reply 9232
the first week of the easter holidays, was doing 6-8 hours a day. Now 6 is a struggle.

6-8 hours a day?!?! Trust me... you really don't need that much.... my teachers are happy if we do 2...
Original post by Maxffm
6-8 hours a day?!?! Trust me... you really don't need that much.... my teachers are happy if we do 2...

I've got 8 exams in the summer, ok, one of them is waste of time studies, but I NEED ABB, otherwise I'm not going to my firm. Our Y12's are in two days this week for german revision. We had 2 days last yr because we were so behind. They're probably in because sir doesnt trust them to actually revise.

Edit: I think sirs under the impression he's marked my essays and emailed me back. He hasn't and this isnt like him.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9234
Well all I know is that for GCSE's my mocks were horrendous compared to the real thing and it wasn't really much more work. By the time <ou get to your exams, I reckon you'll be so accustomed to many of the topics that you really don't need much more work... and yeah... never trust year 12's to revise :tongue:
Original post by Maxffm
Well all I know is that for GCSE's my mocks were horrendous compared to the real thing and it wasn't really much more work. By the time <ou get to your exams, I reckon you'll be so accustomed to many of the topics that you really don't need much more work... and yeah... never trust year 12's to revise :tongue:

they were the first year to sit the new spec, i.e the one where you could do v. well with a good memory and not an actual, decent grasp of the grammar. Anyone else get pissed off when people post on here threads asking how to learn their answers for A level off by heart but not sound like thats what they've done?
Reply 9236
they were the first year to sit the new spec, i.e the one where you could do v. well with a good memory and not an actual, decent grasp of the grammar. Anyone else get pissed off when people post on here threads asking how to learn their answers for A level off by heart but not sound like thats what they've done?

I don't do A levels so I don't have the new spec (I do IB) but I can imagine that spec changes like that can really be quite annoying. I must say I agree with you on that... learning of by heart has too many risks to it with all the variation involved and you lose all the spontaneity... I've done drama for years so I'm sort of used to it but for many people there really isn't much you can do about it...
Reply 9237
Ooh we are having a thunderstorm! :ahee:
Original post by Maxffm
I don't do A levels so I don't have the new spec (I do IB) but I can imagine that spec changes like that can really be quite annoying. I must say I agree with you on that... learning of by heart has too many risks to it with all the variation involved and you lose all the spontaneity... I've done drama for years so I'm sort of used to it but for many people there really isn't much you can do about it...

:ahee: :ahee: :ahee: :ahee: :ahee: :ahee:

Spoiler

*fanfare* IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO FIND THIS THREAD :biggrin:

Anyone doing Religious Studies at AS? :smile:

Latest