The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Shabalala
imagine bringing home that to your parents mine mum and dad would probably think I have turned gay.

I'm glad that my parents are decent enough people that this wouldn't bother them.
Original post by Movember
another daily mail article about women's bodies:tongue:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2128219/The-way-I-look-makes-hard-meet-men-UKs-biggest-female-bodybuilder-reveals-shes-single-years.html

what do you think of her physique? of course she had put a lot of hard work to get such a great physique, but at what cost? she says she finds it difficult to get guys. there must be some guys out there who like big muscles on females? i have said before that men are much more accepting of womens bodies than women are of men. despite what the media has us to believe. usually unless a man has lots of money, women will be more shallow about bodies.

guys, do you find her attractive? girls, do you find that body attractive and would you want a body like that yourself? and do people think that the world of female bodybuilding is wrong and its disgusting that some women want to be like this? i imagine that her clitoris is enlarged, she has a man's voice and no breasts.

Sorry, but I totally disagree on that remark. Of course, you are entitled to your opinion, but I'm just wondering what makes you think that, as I don't know anyone in real life that is actually bothered about how much money a man has got. I personally don't really notice a man's body that much tbh, it's definitely about the face and personality. & I know it is the same for my friends. I have been with different guys with very different bodies and never questioned their attractiveness.

As a girl who is part of a big male friendship group however, I can't even begin to count the amount of times I have heard guys say things like "yeah her boobs are too small" and "her hips are too wide", things that girls cannot actually control (well, not on a part specific level - they cannot change their proportions).

I'm not saying either is better or worse, and I would certainly like to doubt that all men and all women think the same way, but I just think this idea about women only being interested in a man with a body that is not "perfect" (what even is that anyway?!) unless he has money is pretty outlandish. It's interesting that you said "despite what the media has us to believe", simply because I think this idea about women being money-grubbers is a largely constructed media idea, too. Not that there's not some (and I'd like to think only a small minority) out there who are interested in that, but only in the same way that there are some men out there who are very critical of women's bodies. I'm not trying to attack you or argue with you, so I hope it's not coming across like that, but I just think it's interesting that you've come to that conclusion - perhaps because we're members of different sexes that naturally makes our perspectives contrast?

As for the body builder, well I do think her body is very extreme, and as is natural with extremes, there is likely to be a much smaller scope of people that might find that shape attractive - especially because it is quite a masculine form. The good thing is that she says she has never been happier with her body than now, and that's a pretty rare thing in modern day society, so I think anyone that feels that way should hold on to it :smile: I think it's got to be admitted though that her choice in men is going to have been lessened by the fact of the extremes thing I just mentioned. I don't think it is a shape I would aspire to, but her dedication and hard work has got to be admired.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by philistine
I don't even...

You threatened to beat someone up online, I assumed you'll know their IP address.
All that matters surely is that she is happy and proud of her body...screw what everyone else thinks.

I'm sick of people criticising other people's bodies when we all come in different shapes and sizes.

If she wants to be a bodybuilder who am I to judge her, good on her.
If she went on very specific dating sites I'm sure she could find someone.
I had a feeling this was going to be a Daily Mail article when I read the title..
Reply 66
I just don't want to live on this planet anymore.
Reply 67
Original post by Movember
another daily mail article about women's bodies:tongue:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2128219/The-way-I-look-makes-hard-meet-men-UKs-biggest-female-bodybuilder-reveals-shes-single-years.html

what do you think of her physique? of course she had put a lot of hard work to get such a great physique, but at what cost? she says she finds it difficult to get guys. there must be some guys out there who like big muscles on females? i have said before that men are much more accepting of womens bodies than women are of men. despite what the media has us to believe. usually unless a man has lots of money, women will be more shallow about bodies.

guys, do you find her attractive? girls, do you find that body attractive and would you want a body like that yourself? and do people think that the world of female bodybuilding is wrong and its disgusting that some women want to be like this? i imagine that her clitoris is enlarged, she has a man's voice and no breasts.

This is the most incorrect statement I've ever seen. Women do not only go for money or looks, you are a joker to be frank. Many women dont give two hoots if a man has lots of money or a perfect body- what is perfect? I hate that waxed muscle look on men to the highest order, so do a lot of other girls.

If any sex is purely driven by the way the opposite sex looks its men, anyone who denies this is clueless.
Reply 68
I would. Just to say I did.
Reply 69
I'll admit that she looks like a male body builder wearing a wig and a bikini tbh.

I don't believe she deserves any disrespect for her decisions though.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 70
Wow. Her thighs are the size of my waist!

The answer is pretty simple, she does look like a man.
Why write an article on obvious **** like this. Its pretty damn ****ing obvious you'll be single if you work out to look like a freaking man! I bet most female bodybuilders have the same problem as her, most men with half a ****ing brain wouldn't date them if they were the last humans on earth, no universe.

Original post by Pheylan
"reveal"... as if it's a secret

Too true.

Original post by philistine
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought. What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

:facepalm2: hmm, 4/10 for effort, wasn't too over the top.

Original post by sword
u are 1 ****in cheeky **** mate i swear i am goin 2 wreck u i swear on my mums life and i no u are scared lil bitch gettin your mates to send me messages saying dont meet up? coz u r sum big bastard with muscles lol ****in sad mate really sad jus shows what a scared lil gay boy u are and whats all this crap ur mates sendin me about sum bodybuildin website that 1 of your faverite places to look at men u lil ****in gay boy fone me if u got da balls cheeky prick see if u can step up lil queer..

Way over the top and really not funny, 1/10 for effort. :cool:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 72
She simply looks too much like a man. I'd find her pretty intimidating... why the hell would I want my life to be devoted to cheering her on at competitions and cooking chicken for her? Despite her body she doesn't seem like my kind of women anyway.
Reply 73
You won't find many men who look for that much masculinity in a woman. It's almost intimidating really.

If she just gave it a rest, plenty of people would be after her, she doesn't look too bad apart from all the (excess) muscle.

Original post by rodcarter
I would. Just to say I did.

:teehee:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 74
Well no, she's not attractive
Reply 75
Original post by Tyler Varona
:facepalm2: hmm, 4/10 for effort, wasn't too over the top.

Considering it's kopipe, it requires no effort.
Original post by gozatron
I just don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Sorry about that loss to Wigan :frown:
WTF was she thinking?!
Something's gone astray when a woman looks more manly than me... :dong:
It's not just the way she looks, it's the time she would have to spend at the gym and the pure dedication to her body. I would be the same with a body-building guy, do I want someone spending hours and hours a day at the gym or someone who can spend it with me? And regular things like going out for meals and I bet she has to eat at certain times.

I guess it's not just the way she looks but the lifestyle too.