The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Webberino
Well spinning sounds fun :tongue:
Anything in particular that's making you feel panicked? :hugs:
Great news about your sister! Took my brother two years to find a job.

Mentoring was good, talked about revision and social stuff. Felt quite anxious talking about it, but felt comfortable feeling anxious with him if that makes sense. :tongue:

Spoiler

Not really, I'm home alone which used to make me feel uncomfortable but I thought I'd overcome it.

Glad mentoring went well :smile:

Spoiler

Might trigger people with an ED, not sure.

Spoiler

Original post by Anonymous
Not really, I'm home alone which used to make me feel uncomfortable but I thought I'd overcome it.

Glad mentoring went well :smile:

Spoiler

Might trigger people with an ED, not sure.

Spoiler

Aww when is somebody getting back? :hugs:

Spoiler

Spoiler

That beautiful moment when you realise you hate your degree. ****.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
That beautiful moment when you realise you hate your degree. ****.

How come? (Also doing psych)
Original post by Noodlzzz
How come? (Also doing psych)

I love the subject - the content is great. The assignments, exams and my dissertation however are ****e and hard and horrible to do. I've been working on this assignment for weeks now and it's nowhere near finished even though it's 10 short (under 75 words each) explanations of key concepts. It's doing my head in :frown: And after this is done, I have two more to do, each 2500 words. Due within a week of each other, first one due a fortnight today. Then four exams. :sad:

Spoiler

Original post by ViceVersa

Spoiler

That's awesome well done you!

I love the subject - the content is great. The assignments, exams and my dissertation however are ****e and hard and horrible to do. I've been working on this assignment for weeks now and it's nowhere near finished even though it's 10 short (under 75 words each) explanations of key concepts. It's doing my head in :frown: And after this is done, I have two more to do, each 2500 words. Due within a week of each other, first one due a fortnight today. Then four exams. :sad:

Unfortunately it's the same with most degrees. It's the exams and essays that suck, not the course. You just gotta hold on to that idea of why you like psych and why you're doing this degree (assuming you want to go into psych related field that is) and battle through.

Spoiler

Hope you having a lovely day :smile:

Just wanted to know how the meet up went?

Sorry I couldn't come, had a lot of things of mind and I would have not been great company.
Unfortunately it's the same with most degrees. It's the exams and essays that suck, not the course. You just gotta hold on to that idea of why you like psych and why you're doing this degree (assuming you want to go into psych related field that is) and battle through.

I don't want to go into psychology :dontknow: I hate research, I hate reading research, I hate having to cite everything I say and forgetting to do it half the time and then losing marks for not doing it. I hate getting Ds and Cs when I put my full effort in and then getting B+s on a multiple choice exam that I guessed most of. I hate how my course is structured and how everyone else on it is really clever and seems to get everything straight away :sad:
Original post by laut_biru
:hugs:

I always end up thinking 'what will I even say' before an appointment, and then find that the words end up coming anyway, so don't stress too much. Doctors are used to seeing MH patients, and it's up to them to lead the appointment not you.

Spoil yourself a little right now, make yourself feel good if you can.

Thanks, managed to talk to her without too much trouble although she had to get me to repeat things a lot... nervous habit of talking four times faster than normal, and my normal is twice the speed most people talk anyway, but there was no crying or freak out so it was a success!

I went in expecting to be told I was overreacting or it was mild depression and left with depression and a suspected moderate anxiety disorder. I think I might have scared the poor woman with how shocked I was :colondollar:

She was going to give me citalopram then decided to leave it up to the Depression and Anxiety service who will contact me at some point. I really hope they don't call. Phones are bad. Very bad. Plus if my parents answered I'd have quite a bit of explaining to do...
possible ED trigger

Spoiler

That's awesome well done you!

Thank you :biggrin: Now I feel a little more free in my own home :tongue:

Original post by RainPours
Hope you having a lovely day :smile:

Just wanted to know how the meet up went?

Sorry I couldn't come, had a lot of things of mind and I would have not been great company.

My day's been okay actually, thank you :smile:

I couldn't make it :sad: It was apparently awesome though.
Thank you :biggrin: Now I feel a little more free in my own home :tongue:

My day's been okay actually, thank you :smile:

I couldn't make it :sad: It was apparently awesome though.

Aw, well as long as everyone had a great time, that's what matters :smile:
Original post by RainPours
Aw, well as long as everyone had a great time, that's what matters :smile:

Yeah :h:

Spoiler

im glad to hear that you are stronger and feeling better now, hopefully now that your mum knows she will be there to help you and you can feel like you are able to turn to her without holding anything back, i do find though that although having a good support network at home is important that when it does come to a personnel issue i look to other people and talk to people who are not attached to the situation at all hope you keep on with the strength and i cant say it will be easy but knowing there are people there to cushion your fall if ever again is always a good thing :console::grouphugs:
Reply 7195
Original post by Phoenix07
possible ED trigger

Spoiler

Hey, dont get stressed.... does your friend know about this binge/restrict issue?.... You could tell a white lie... something like you have been on a diet but since she is here your gonna pig out..... then if you want to have abit more of a nibble it wont seem so bad. Sorry... prolly isnt much help.
Original post by Phoenix07
possible ED trigger

Spoiler

i understand what you go through and it always helps to know that your not alone hope you feel better soon:smile:
i agree here maybe you should tell you friend instead and then she may not want to go out and will agree to a small meal in like a pizza or something simple like that :redface:
I don't want to go into psychology :dontknow: I hate research, I hate reading research, I hate having to cite everything I say and forgetting to do it half the time and then losing marks for not doing it. I hate getting Ds and Cs when I put my full effort in and then getting B+s on a multiple choice exam that I guessed most of. I hate how my course is structured and how everyone else on it is really clever and seems to get everything straight away :sad:

dont feel bad everyone goes through this sometime, i feel that when i do exams although i try and put my all into it i come out with a C or something but the people who dont try at all get B's and A's, like kiss_me_now9 sed just battle through it and stay strong :biggrin:
Phoenix07
possible ED trigger

Spoiler

A couple of practical ideas.. You could take out only a specific amount of money and then that restricts how much you can buy and therefore eat.. Or could you go somewhere like a pub ie spoons or something where you can eat if you want to but you don't have to if you don't want to.. Finally, do you have to go out for food? Can't you just say your stomach is a bit bleurgh and you'd rather not eat and go do something else..?

I hope you manage to find a solution and feel less stressed :smile: