The Student Room Group

The Official How I Met Your Mother Society...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Vohamanah
I don't like them as a couple, its a lazy way out :colondollar: Lol I like that "And kids, that's how I met your mother. Then she got run over by a truck".

It was sad :frown: I'm honestly not very keen on them being in relationships at all. Barney is just the ultimate bachelor. I kind of liked the fact that he mellowed a bit and considered something serious with Nora, but I'd prefer it to be a temporary thing where you see a different side to his character rather than "And then Barney got lame". I don't like Robin in relationships at all, she gets pretty whiney and annoying. Robin's probably my least favourite character, but I kind of like the lasertag, kid-hating Robin. Not the lovey dovey Robin.

:eek: I was completely agreeing with you until then. Robin's my favourite character, she's awesome! SchMosby FTW! :smile:
I always thought of Stella as Elliot, every second. Really got on my nerves.

Original post by HalfBloodPrincess
:eek: I was completely agreeing with you until then. Robin's my favourite character, she's awesome! SchMosby FTW! :smile:

Hehe I like Barney, Lily and Marshall a lot. Ted is alright, but Robin I'm not fond of.
Classic Shmosby!
Original post by RabbitCFH
Classic Shmosby!

Shmosby!!!
That was actually a pretty good episode!
Terrible Episode.
Original post by ThaChronic
Terrible Episode.

Nah, I thought it was quite funny and a million times better than some of the crap that we've been seeing recently.
Original post by Doughnuts!!
Nah, I thought it was quite funny and a million times better than some of the crap that we've been seeing recently.

That's true, it's been a terrible season, this episode did have its moments though, the guy stalking Barney was hilarious.
At least that pretty much confirmed the show will be ending in a couple of years max.
Reply 709
HE'S HAVING A BABY :nutcase:
Original post by dews1290
HE'S HAVING A BABY :nutcase:

Is that genuine excitement?
Getting bored of waiting 3 weeks for an episode only for it to be 25 minutes of filler crap documenting, for the most part, events that we already know about. I actually think this series might feel half decent if it was aired weekly but the huge gaps just mean every episode is an inevitable disappointment.
Reply 712
what a **** episode. cant believe i actually got excited.

they need to stop with ruining barney. its evident theyre setting him up for a major heartbreak
Reply 713
Original post by 419

they need to stop with ruining barney. its evident theyre setting him up for a major heartbreak

The episode seemed to get really high reviews from a lot of websites :lolwut: I thought it was terrible and I haven't enjoyed HiMYM for about 2/3 seasons now :sigh:
Reply 714
I think that the first 4 seasons set the bar very high but i do agree that since then it has only being 6/7 out of 10.

Still not bad though.
Reply 715
Original post by Mess.
The episode seemed to get really high reviews from a lot of websites :lolwut: I thought it was terrible and I haven't enjoyed HiMYM for about 2/3 seasons now :sigh:

:sadnod:
Original post by 419

We still don't know who's wedding Ted meets the mother at. I wouldn't have thought that they would bring some new character in now, Lily and Marshall are already married and Robin doesn't seem as if she's going to be marrying anyone.

Barney is also the most spontaneous ie. he's more likely to just decide to get married (as Lily and Marshall almost did in season 1/2, I forget).
If Barney doesn't marry Robin, I will stop watching the show.
Reply 718
Original post by PrinceyJ
We still don't know who's wedding Ted meets the mother at. I wouldn't have thought that they would bring some new character in now, Lily and Marshall are already married and Robin doesn't seem as if she's going to be marrying anyone.

Barney is also the most spontaneous ie. he's more likely to just decide to get married (as Lily and Marshall almost did in season 1/2, I forget).

It would make sense if he met the mother at Mindy's? (Rachel Bilson's character) but I've just given up second guessing what is gonna happen with this show. The other day, I came up with a theory that Quinn is gonna be the mother. We know the mother is/was a student so maybe she started stripping to pay her way through college. As far fetch as it seems, it is actually possible that it could happen with the way the shows gone the last few seasons.
Reply 719
Original post by Mess.
It is always the same problem when one character becomes bigger than the show. The writers then start to make the character a parody off thsmelves and eventually make the character the worst character on the show. Luckily enough for the writers of HIMYM, Ted is a ****ing disgraceful character so they have a long way to go to make Barney that bad!

Totally agree with you!! Ted Mosby is such a whining, lame character that I cant even find a word severe enough to censure his lameness!!:angry:
And Barney, well the writers can try all they want, but in the end, it'll still be:
Barney = Awsomeness.
True story.

P.S.- But at present my least favourite character is Robin. Barney left Nora, who, imo, was the best girl in the entire series, just for Robin and she didnt have the guts to own up to Kevin. That look on Barney's face when she enters the Bar with Kevin - the great Barnacles never looked THAT SAD!!!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending