The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheDizzeeKid
Deserved it?!

PLEASE, do not get me started on what happened at Old Trafford against City..

Considering you're not a City fan, your point is crap. That would be like me bringing up When you got beat 4-1 by Chelsea in 09, or 5-0 by Chelsea at HOME in 99?
Original post by multiplexing-gamer
Ooh good luck, you can pretty much do any maths orientated degree with those :nod:

Yep, and that's what I'm planning to do :biggrin: cannot wait for college. Everything will just be so much more interesting!
Aww, he is a bit of a _______ , but that's a bit much ain't it?

Hmm. I've just re-evaluated my comment....

And I still feel the same.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Suarez is a Uruguayan prick. I can't stand the Chidish tosser. He can go and die for I care. In fact, I hope he does, it'd make my day.

My bruthaa you wanna take this outside:diep:

:dogt:
Liverpool FTW

:love:
Charlie you is now da top dawg with 388 posts, followed by multiplexing-gamer with 385 and then GreenLantern1 has 384...It's close :ninja:

Top posts doesn't really interest me... Anybody can be a top poster, but they could be posting complete crap which isn't worth saying... It's only worth it if you're actually contributing to proper conversation, and not just to try and post as many times as possible in order to get to 'the top'
Original post by GreenLantern1
My bruthaa you wanna take this outside:diep:

:dogt:

Please.
I think when you're looking at Uni's like that, their excellence is equal. Pick a good one obviously, but they're all similar in prestige, the leaderboards change, so you may aswell find your self at a Uni you really like rather than just going somewhere because it was one place higher when you applied, then it went down a ranking.I'm not saying pick London met over Cambridge, but if you're faced with Oxford or Imperial, dont go for the best one - they're both amazing, pick the place you'd like to live nd study.

I think I'm edging towards Civil more than Aeronautics as aero is the most maths driven and I haven't take F.Maths so I'd stand a better chance at places like Imperial if I did Civil. I dont know too much about Mech, but its still a possibility!

I sent of for prospectus' last year, they're really good but some of them are unclear about the entry requirements! :fuhrer:

Yeah, I agree with what you're saying fully....Finance also has a big part to play in my decision(some of us don't have £120 million :wink: ), because I don't wanna get into some serious debt with my living expenses..
Did you know that wherever Welsh students study, the Welsh government keeps the uni fees down to 3 grand for them? :dance:
Considering you're not a City fan, your point is crap. That would be like me bringing up When you got beat 4-1 by Chelsea in 09, or 5-0 by Chelsea at HOME in 99?

Yep, and that's what I'm planning to do :biggrin: cannot wait for college. Everything will just be so much more interesting!

Hmm. I've just re-evaluated my comment....

And I still feel the same.

Yoo mathmo.

I have solved the Rieman Hypothesis. I have solved it!

Unfortunately, the character allowance in this post is exceeded by my truly marvelous proof.

Btw I am having heart problems so don't be surprised if I die tomorrow and my proof is never found :ninja:
Yeah, I agree with what you're saying fully....Finance also has a big part to play in my decision(some of us don't have £120 million :wink: ), because I don't wanna get into some serious debt with my living expenses..
Did you know that wherever Welsh students study, the Welsh government keeps the uni fees down to 3 grand for them? :dance:

With London unis I would say choose on how you like it. But between Oxford and Imperial the prestige of Oxford would win me over; and Oxford will always be more prestigious than Imperial IMO.
Please.

I'm outside. Where are you?:colone:

Why would you need £120M? Cambridge fees are not much different to any other university in the UK, they are perfectly reasonable.

And obviously they have systems in place for families which don't earn much, bursaries etc. Coming from a poor background will be no disadvantage to anybody who applies to university. You don't even need to pay the loans off until you're earning a certain amount of money (I think it is £20,000 annually). And even then, you only pay in proportion to the amount that you're earning.
Reply 4130
Why would you need £120M? Cambridge fees are not much different to any other university in the UK, they are perfectly reasonable.

That was probably a reference to a conversation that took place earlier.
Original post by Cubic
That was probably a reference to a conversation that took place earlier.

Couldn't have said it better lol!
Yoo mathmo.

I have solved the Rieman Hypothesis. I have solved it!

Unfortunately, the character allowance in this post is exceeded by my truly marvelous proof.

Btw I am having heart problems so don't be surprised if I die tomorrow and my proof is never found :ninja:

This comment really reminded me of Fermat!
With London unis I would say choose on how you like it. But between Oxford and Imperial the prestige of Oxford would win me over; and Oxford will always be more prestigious than Imperial IMO.

Some people would be fearful of going Oxford because it'd be such a culture shock. Whilst ICL looks more study focussed and not based on 'tradition' and doesn't portray the pretentiousness that comes with Oxford,

But I agree, I'd pick Oxford! :smile:
Reply 4134
You spelt the Riemann hypothesis incorrectly. c: What hope do you have of solving it?

Lol that was the whole point of it.

Though with Fermat he didn't tell everyone he had a proof and never gave it. That comment was in notes of unpublished work. It was a note to himself.
Original post by Cubic
P3 1 Turning Forces
Moments
Centre of mass
Moments in balance
Stability
Circular motion
Gravitational Attraction
Planetary orbits
Satellites

P3 2 Lights and Sound
Reflection
Curved mirrors
Refraction
Lenses
Using lenses
Sounds
Musical sounds
Ultra sound

P3 3 Electromagnetism
The motor effect
Electromagnetic induction
Transformers
Transformers and the national grid

P3 4 Stars and Space
Galaxies
The life history of a star
How the chemical elements formed

So ya do 4 parts instead?!

Thanks for ya help btw :biggrin:
I'm outside. Where are you?:colone:

In the same city as my football team...
Some people would be fearful of going Oxford because it'd be such a culture shock. Whilst ICL looks more study focussed and not based on 'tradition' and doesn't portray the pretentiousness that comes with Oxford,

But I agree, I'd pick Oxford! :smile:

ButI wouldn't be in the position in the first place to choose between them two.

I would be choosing between Cambridge and Kings. Kings college Cambridge and London Kings college. That would be cool if I got offers from there' a fair nickname would be 'King'.

And obviously they have systems in place for families which don't earn much, bursaries etc. Coming from a poor background will be no disadvantage to anybody who applies to university. You don't even need to pay the loans off until you're earning a certain amount of money (I think it is £20,000 annually). And even then, you only pay in proportion to the amount that you're earning.

He was hinting at Sophie's 120 million pound helicopter stuff, which I dont really believe. You know, you see David Cameron and they discuss massive trade offs worth 120 mill with countries like China, and Sophie learnt to fly and bought a copter for that? Nah... Lol

I think that was the point :lol:

Latest