The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Help w/applying for halls at Brighton Uni for 2012

Hi there. Currently havn't a clue where or how I am supposed to apply for halls. I'm not even sure if 2012 students can apply now. I'm a bit confused. Any advice would be much appreciated.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
hey. i firmed sussex quite a while ago (februaryish) and so i think well be hearing them sometime mid april?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 2
I hope so, I keep checking the Brighton university website to check to see if the online application is up and running yet, but doesn't seem like it. I just don't want it to become a last minute thing where I don't get accommodation - DREAD THE THOUGHT D:
Reply 3
What course are you going to study?

If your at moulsecoombe campus go for Phoenix Halls of Residence. If your at Falmer Campus go for Paddock Field or Great Wilkins.

Phoenix Halls are closest to town but Falmer halls are furthest away, but most conveniant if you study there. Buses every like 15 mins to town until like 4am
Reply 4
I'm also wondering how to apply for halls. On the uni website it says to apply online at https://accommodation.brighton.ac.uk/ but 'tis not working!:confused:
Reply 5
I emailed then a few weeks ago to check on when we could apply and they said they would send emails round beginning of April ... but still not heard anything :s-smilie: x
Reply 6
Original post by kas0
What course are you going to study?

If your at moulsecoombe campus go for Phoenix Halls of Residence. If your at Falmer Campus go for Paddock Field or Great Wilkins.

Phoenix Halls are closest to town but Falmer halls are furthest away, but most conveniant if you study there. Buses every like 15 mins to town until like 4am

Im studying a the Joint Sociology and Criminology BA at Falmer.
Reply 7
Original post by antrawr
I'm also wondering how to apply for halls. On the uni website it says to apply online at https://accommodation.brighton.ac.uk/ but 'tis not working!:confused:

Original post by Jem_x
I emailed then a few weeks ago to check on when we could apply and they said they would send emails round beginning of April ... but still not heard anything :s-smilie: x

Original post by iamgio

I've emailed them and the emails are supposed to be going out from the 10th of April onwards. I dont think we should worry too much. If you are really concerned send the accommmodation office your details (name DOB and UCAS NO#) for more information.

Just to let you guys know I'm studying and possilby living at falmer :biggrin: anyone else moving to falmer?
Reply 8
I called them up last week about it, and they said emails or letters should be coming through in the next couple of weeks.
Reply 9
I've emailed them and the emails are supposed to be going out from the 10th of April onwards. I dont think we should worry too much. If you are really concerned send the accommmodation office your details (name DOB and UCAS NO#) for more information.
Reply 10
Original post by iamgio

Ah you will definitely want falmer halls to avoid long trips to uni every morning.
Reply 11
Received my accommodation application email today, really hoping I get into Paddock Field as the 50 week accommodation at Great Wilkins is so much more expensive and I'll probably be home for holidays anyway! :smile: x
Reply 12
Original post by Jem_x
Received my accommodation application email today, really hoping I get into Paddock Field as the 50 week accommodation at Great Wilkins is so much more expensive and I'll probably be home for holidays anyway! :smile: x

Paddock field is where Im hoping for also! I hope they send the email soon!
Reply 13
Original post by Jem_x

Yea same, I do enough travelling to work and 6th form here in London, so Paddock Field would be best. :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by Jem_x

Im applying for Paddock field aswell :biggrin:
Reply 15
Are you all putting 4 choices? :smile: x
Reply 16
Original post by JustMe2010

I think we have to if applying for accommodation in Brighton. I'm definitely putting Paddock Field first and then probably ones at Varley for the other three or maybe I might put Phoenix Brewery as one. What about you?

What are people putting where it says would you like to live with international students/mature students? x
Reply 17
Original post by Jem_x
I think we have to if applying for accommodation in Brighton. I'm definitely putting Paddock Field first and then probably ones at Varley for the other three or maybe I might put Phoenix Brewery as one. What about you?

What are people putting where it says would you like to live with international students/mature students? x

Put Paddock field first aswell :smile:

I think it means would you MIND living with international/mature students so I just put yes, because it can't mean do you want to ONLY live with them x
Reply 18
Original post by JustMe2010

Yea I've only put 4 down on my application. Paddock Field being my first, but I'm going non-catered. It works out at about £1000 cheaper.
Reply 19
Is everyone on this thread going to be studying at falmer.

Paddock Field is my only request in falmer, the rest are all in varley.

Quick Reply

Latest