The Student Room Group

That stuff on the ferry..

Netball, Football, Hockey and Rugby (some UoM, some MMU) from what I have heard on the (very reliable, in this case) grapevine, although they tried to pin it on SKUM (skiing). Apparently it wasn't as bad as the papers have made out though.

I won't be impressed if the ferry companies permanently ban student groups from using the ferries though - if that happens, then the stupid actions of a small minority will cost everyone an awful lot of money.
Probably ought to add that some of the blame really does lie with the ferry companies - they should make like airlines and not allow people who are obviously drunk onboard. Even P&O admits they were obviously drunk before they boarded, so I don't know why they thought it was going to pass without incident.
Reply 3
Original post by Origami Bullets
Probably ought to add that some of the blame really does lie with the ferry companies - they should make like airlines and not allow people who are obviously drunk onboard. Even P&O admits they were obviously drunk before they boarded, so I don't know why they thought it was going to pass without incident.

Old thread, I know, but point needs to be made - ferry companies don't see their passengers at any point before they get onboard - especially if they're on a coach. P&O reps don't get on every coach prior to their leaving to see who's on and what state they're in.

What is puzzling is how they were drunk in the first place. Vast majority of coach companies don't allow drinking on the coach and they were about 7hrs out of Manchester.

A lot of mistakes have been with this incident, all the way from th students themselves to P&O. I'd be amazed if they were allowed a trip next year.

Quick Reply

Latest