The Student Room Group

Alton Towers Fast Pass

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cubic
I went recently and saw Peter Jones from Dragons Den.

But oblivion is the best! :frown:

I run to the other end of the park and go on Air, then ripsaw if my friends want to, then nemesis, then nemesis sub-terra, then take the skyride to the mutiny bay area, eat at the fried chicken shop in X-sector, go on oblivion a few times and then leg it to the congo river rapids.

Then the time is usually up, we don't bother with Rita, the que is massive and probably not worth it imo. I probably won't be bothering the nemesis sub-terra again either.

The last time I went, one of the girls insisted that we go on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride, and then she spent £6 trying to win a teddy. :rofl:

It is indeed! But the staff don't open up the ride until right at the end of the hour :angry:

Rita ends wayy too quickly >.<

And I agree, Nemesis sub-terra was awful. Don't waste your time for it.
Reply 21
Original post by x-Sophie-x
It is indeed! But the staff don't open up the ride until right at the end of the hour :angry:

Really? I've never noticed, we always go on it second to last.

I also forgot to mention thirteen, it's 'ok' from my experience. I don't mind if we go on it or miss it out.
Reply 22
I own a Merlin Annual Pass, and don't live too far away from Alton Towers, so I am lucky enough to go quite a bit throughout the year. The end of July is always a busy time of year. On a personal level, I do find the Fastrack system an absolute rip-off, but for some reason, a lot of people seem to buy into it. If you want to go on all of the rides in one day, and do not visit the park very often, then it might be worth investing in. Bare in mind that the likes of Submission and Enterprise are less popular, and queues for those rides go down as the day goes on; in effect, it may not be worth using the Fastrack for those attractions.

I have purchased a Fastrack pass during the Scarefest events for some of the most popular rides such as: Nemesis, Air and Oblivion as part of an £8 package. In order to save money, it might be worth doing this rather than blowing £45. Its up to you though how much you are willing to spend to avoid waiting in long queues.
Original post by Cubic
Really? I've never noticed, we always go on it second to last.

I also forgot to mention thirteen, it's 'ok' from my experience. I don't mind if we go on it or miss it out.

Nah, I meant last part of the hour where people who stay at the hotel get time before everyone else comes in! Not the last hour of the day! :L Should have made that clear >.<

Yeah, the only fun bit was the kinda drop from the top.
And when you go into the dark bit and the drop you downwards, and your like ooh what's gonna happen. But after you know, it ruins it for the next time you go on it.
Reply 24
Original post by Heavy-Metal-Lover
Single rider queues all the way.

This. Most "successful" trip to Alton Towers was when my friend and I decided to use the single rider queues- so we didn't get to sit together sometimes but is totally worth it, do you really pay attention to your mates on the fast rides anyway?
Reply 25
Nah, I meant last part of the hour where people who stay at the hotel get time before everyone else comes in! Not the last hour of the day! :L Should have made that clear >.<

Yeah, the only fun bit was the kinda drop from the top.
And when you go into the dark bit and the drop you downwards, and your like ooh what's gonna happen. But after you know, it ruins it for the next time you go on it.

Ah, I thought that you meant to say 'end of the day'.

I already knew about the downwards drop inside of the dark area before going on it, although I agree that the first drop is a good one.
Original post by Cubic
Ah, I thought that you meant to say 'end of the day'.

I already knew about the downwards drop inside of the dark area before going on it, although I agree that the first drop is a good one.

Nopee.

How did you know about that? O.O Indeed, it's quite good.

No comparison to Thorpe Park!
Reply 27
Nopee.

How did you know about that? O.O Indeed, it's quite good.

No comparison to Thorpe Park!

I watched a youtube video of the ride before it was opened, where the lights were on, I didn't know that there was a surprise to be ruined by doing so.

I've been to Thorpe Park, but just once. Colossus, nemesis inferno, saw and stealth are the ones that I remember. I was saving the water ride until last so that I wouldn't be wet for long, however saw broke down whilst I was on it near the end of the day so I didn't get to go on it. It had a massive splash though.
Original post by Cubic
I watched a youtube video of the ride before it was opened, where the lights were on, I didn't know that there was a surprise to be ruined by doing so.

I've been to Thorpe Park, but just once. Colossus, nemesis inferno, saw and stealth are the ones that I remember. I was saving the water ride until last so that I wouldn't be wet for long, however saw broke down whilst I was on it near the end of the day so I didn't get to go on it. It had a massive splash though.

Oh right, that must have been annoying!

Yeah, they're the main ones. Just <3 SAW!

Oh you mean Tidal Wave! (:
Reply 29
Oh right, that must have been annoying!

Yeah, they're the main ones. Just <3 SAW!

Oh you mean Tidal Wave! (:

Saw is great, especially the bit where it turns 360 degrees about two or three times where there is a body on the floor.

Yeah, Tidal wave, that's the name.

Hmmmm, we've gone way off topic considering that the thread is about alton towers fast pass's.
Reply 30
Original post by Cubic
I went recently and saw Peter Jones from Dragons Den.

But oblivion is the best! :frown:

I run to the other end of the park and go on Air, then ripsaw if my friends want to, then nemesis, then nemesis sub-terra, then take the skyride to the mutiny bay area, eat at the fried chicken shop in X-sector, go on oblivion a few times and then leg it to the congo river rapids.

Then the time is usually up, we don't bother with Rita, the que is massive and probably not worth it imo. I probably won't be bothering the nemesis sub-terra again either.

The last time I went, one of the girls insisted that we go on the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ride, and then she spent £6 trying to win a teddy. :rofl:

Oblivian is not the best, is fukin pissed me off that we had to wait 2 hours, and the ride was like 1 second.
It didn't even give me the buzz, all it does is go down..how boring.
I'll admit i was ****tin it, when it was getting to the tip....and the aticipation was killin me.....and it just went ZOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM.
then finished :nothing:

Ride 13, on the other hand.....wass sickkkk!!!!!!!!!!1 :cool:
Bare spontaneous it was...dind't no wat was goin happen,....cos everyfin was in da dark....so decided to scream all the way :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by megara
Hey TSR!

Me and my boyfriend are going down to AT in July (we think the 7th, as were going with a coach trip thing) and we are deliberating on getting the £45 Ultimate Fast Pass, which has:

The Fastrack Ultimate is perfect for all the thrill-seekers out there, as it gives you one Fastrack for 19 of our fastest, most thrilling rides including:

Air
Nemesis
Nemesis Sub-Terra
Rita
Ripsaw
Duel
Rapids
Hex
Submission
Enterprise
Sonic Spinball
Runaway Mine Train
Oblivion
The Flume
TH13TEEN
Charlie & The Chocolate Factory
Battle Galleons
Heave Ho
Marauders Mayhem

I've been before, but a long while ago, and hes never been so, do you guys think it's worth it considering the time etc?

Personal experience would also be good:colondollar:

Thanks guys!
~Meg <3

http://forum.towerstimes.co.uk/
Reply 32

So you thought you'd post all about it in a thread started by someone who's probably never been on it? Good one. :tongue:

Whenever I've been to Alton Towers (always in July or August) we haven't bothered with the fast passes, and have always made it onto every ride we wanted. Apart from one time when Rita was broken down, that is. Queues for Rita and Thirteen were pretty long (over an hour) but Nemesis and Oblivion tend to have shorter queues these days, so we end up going on them a few times.

If you're happy to just go on each ride once, you might as well save your money and not get the fast passes. But buying them would let you have a more leisurely day and probably get on each big ride a few times. :smile:
Original post by Cubic
Saw is great, especially the bit where it turns 360 degrees about two or three times where there is a body on the floor.

Yeah, Tidal wave, that's the name.

Hmmmm, we've gone way off topic considering that the thread is about alton towers fast pass's.

Indeed, we strayed a bit of topic :oops: Sorry OP! We'll shut up now (:
Original post by Vickyy
So you thought you'd post all about it in a thread started by someone who's probably never been on it? Good one. :tongue:

Whenever I've been to Alton Towers (always in July or August) we haven't bothered with the fast passes, and have always made it onto every ride we wanted. Apart from one time when Rita was broken down, that is. Queues for Rita and Thirteen were pretty long (over an hour) but Nemesis and Oblivion tend to have shorter queues these days, so we end up going on them a few times.

If you're happy to just go on each ride once, you might as well save your money and not get the fast passes. But buying them would let you have a more leisurely day and probably get on each big ride a few times. :smile:

Oops, I didn't think about that!
Reply 35
You can buy fast track tickets for individual rides in the park and so you can pick the ones you want to go on and check out the queue length before you part with any extra cash. Depending on the time of day, weather and popularity of the ride sometimes fast passes just aren't needed even for the big rides.
Reply 36
Original post by winning11
the new nemesis sub was awful, don't go on it, not worth the queue

Really? :redface: How so?

And thanks guys for all of the other replies! We can't use the hotel because the coach leaves the same day, at 6, but hopefully my boyfriend can drive next time and we can go down for a bit longer:biggrin:
Reply 37
Indeed, we strayed a bit of topic :oops: Sorry OP! We'll shut up now (:

No need to apologise, I think it's all interesting anyway :P We were going to do Thorpe but it's waay to expensive to get there.
Reply 38
Original post by megara
Really? :redface: How so?

And thanks guys for all of the other replies! We can't use the hotel because the coach leaves the same day, at 6, but hopefully my boyfriend can drive next time and we can go down for a bit longer:biggrin:

It's not a 'ride' in the traditional sense. It's mainly walking around through the area, as you're part of the 'story'.

There is still a section where you are strapped in etc.
Reply 39
Original post by AdzAb95
I own a Merlin Annual Pass, and don't live too far away from Alton Towers, so I am lucky enough to go quite a bit throughout the year. The end of July is always a busy time of year. On a personal level, I do find the Fastrack system an absolute rip-off, but for some reason, a lot of people seem to buy into it. If you want to go on all of the rides in one day, and do not visit the park very often, then it might be worth investing in. Bare in mind that the likes of Submission and Enterprise are less popular, and queues for those rides go down as the day goes on; in effect, it may not be worth using the Fastrack for those attractions.

I have purchased a Fastrack pass during the Scarefest events for some of the most popular rides such as: Nemesis, Air and Oblivion as part of an £8 package. In order to save money, it might be worth doing this rather than blowing £45. Its up to you though how much you are willing to spend to avoid waiting in long queues.

I think it's just because we're going once, it's like our 'holiday' for the year (last year we went to Tenerife and that cost quite a lot, so that's why were only going to AT this year. Thank you for all the advice, though! Is the beginning of July busy?

Quick Reply

Latest