University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Leicester accomodation

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
Original post by Gxy
Thanks for your warm response :smile:
I also hope what you said is true, otherwise it is hard to meet conditional offer holders' first choice because the room which they want to get will be allocated to unconditional offer holders.

BTW, nice to meet u! :smile:

Most people I know got their first choice and the vast majority were straight out of school.

Also, not going to be many unconditionals in your year, gap years probably looked a lot less appealing at 18k a go in extra fees...
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 381
Original post by fallenangel
No worries - the accommodation office said it's a first come first serve basis, so conditional offer holders just have to apply as soon as possible and hope for the best. Have you sent your application off?

It's nice to meet you also :smile:

yeah :smile: just sent my application last week, but now I dont get any reply meybe because of the Easter vacation. I also read the accommodation allocation policy, and the information in Uni website is not very clear. Fortunately I find this forums and get more information I need :smile::smile::smile:
Reply 382
Original post by roh
Most people I know got their first choice and the vast majority were straight out of school.

Also, not going to be many unconditionals in your year, gap years probably looked a lot less appealing at 18k a go in extra fees...

I also plan straight out of school when I'm sophomore..but this year I'm a international freshman (undergraduate)...and it will be the first time that I go to UK, so not be familiar with this country.For me, I think living school is the best choice in the freshman year :smile:
Reply 383
Original post by Gxy
I also plan straight out of school when I'm sophomore..but this year I'm a international freshman (undergraduate)...and it will be the first time that I go to UK, so not be familiar with this country.For me, I think living school is the best choice in the freshman year :smile:

I meant as in they're straight out of what you think of as High School.

If you use language that Americanised at uni expect some serious banter, so here's some tips.

School (UK)=High School (US)

Uni (UK)=School/College (US)

Fresher (UK)=Freshman (US). Please don't say Freshman, people will laugh at you.

Second Year (UK)=Sophomore (US). If you say Sophomore a lot of people won't know what you mean.

Hope this helps :smile: And it is indeed best to live in halls during first year in my opinion. PM if you want to know anything about Leicester.
(edited 11 years ago)
I got my accommodation through! JoFo, The Coppice, Floor 1, Flat 14!

I'm so excited!! :bl:

Anyone else in here? Would be good to get to know some folk before heading up there :smile:
Reply 385
Original post by roh
I meant as in they're straight out of what you think of as High School.

If you use language that Americanised at uni expect some serious banter, so here's some tips.

School (UK)=High School (US)

Uni (UK)=School/College (US)

Fresher (UK)=Freshman (US). Please don't say Freshman, people will laugh at you.

Second Year (UK)=Sophomore (US). If you say Sophomore a lot of people won't know what you mean.

Hope this helps :smile: And it is indeed best to live in halls during first year in my opinion. PM if you want to know anything about Leicester.

Sorry my poor English :colondollar:
In our country students study American English.Thanks your friendly help :smile: It is really really really helpful! :smile::smile::smile::smile:
Okay seriously so confused right now. Right, so offers for accommodation are being given out for conditional offer holders?
Original post by HannahGodfrey92
I got my accommodation through! JoFo, The Coppice, Floor 1, Flat 14!

I'm so excited!! :bl:

Anyone else in here? Would be good to get to know some folk before heading up there :smile:

Wheyyyy, I applied for John Foster too! :biggrin: have got no reply yet though :frown:
Reply 388
Original post by Manisha93
Okay seriously so confused right now. Right, so offers for accommodation are being given out for conditional offer holders?

No unconditional offer holders, ie. school class of 2011. If you're conditional, so doing your A levels in a couple of months, then you will hear about what accommodation you've got once you've confirmed your place (by meeting your offer conditions in August) and then get sent an accommodation offer soon afterwards. For a lot of people the accommodation offer, address etc. is when it all starts to seem real.
Original post by roh
No unconditional offer holders, ie. school class of 2011. If you're conditional, so doing your A levels in a couple of months, then you will hear about what accommodation you've got once you've confirmed your place (by meeting your offer conditions in August) and then get sent an accommodation offer soon afterwards. For a lot of people the accommodation offer, address etc. is when it all starts to seem real.

Ohhh, so I won't find out until I've actually got into the Uni? And the people that have offers for accommodating right now are those with unconditional offers? Okay Cheeeeeers :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37000627']:woo:
Just got an email - Nixon Court, block A :biggrin:

Woo! Block C here! What year will you be in and what are you studying? :smile:
Original post by inspiration91
Woo! Block C here! What year will you be in and what are you studying? :smile:

I am(/will be) a postgrad, doing an MA in Museum Studies :smile:

What about you? :smile:
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37125874']I am(/will be) a postgrad, doing an MA in Museum Studies :smile:

What about you? :smile:

Oh cool! I've done a year and a half of medicine at King's, but I'll be starting Biological Sciences in Oct! Very excited! :smile:
Reply 393
Just got the email!!!! Nixon court Block G!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Original post by inspiration91
Oh cool! I've done a year and a half of medicine at King's, but I'll be starting Biological Sciences in Oct! Very excited! :smile:

Cool :smile: Yeah, I'm super excited. I've been at Durham for the last three years, and although I love it there, I'm looking forward to being somewhere a bit bigger! (and I'm from London, so being a bit closer to home will be nice too).
Original post by penguin610
hey guess what?! I'm your flat mate!

i got my accommodation offer a few days ago, and I'm in room A haha :smile: nice to meet you

I'm room D! It's gonna be so awesome :biggrin:
Original post by HannahGodfrey92
I'm room D! It's gonna be so awesome :biggrin:

Its quite cool I've met a room mate on TSR :O
Reply 397
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've firmed Leicester and am applying for accommodation, but I'm unsure of two different accommodation types in John Foster.

What's the difference between a Premium Plus Ensuite Room and Premium Plus Flat? I was thinking of going for ensuite, but I just want to find out what premium plus flat is before I confirm it.
Reply 398
Original post by LeCal
Sorry if this has already been answered, but I've firmed Leicester and am applying for accommodation, but I'm unsure of two different accommodation types in John Foster.

What's the difference between a Premium Plus Ensuite Room and Premium Plus Flat? I was thinking of going for ensuite, but I just want to find out what premium plus flat is before I confirm it.

Premium plus are, majoratitively, in the JoFo Pavillions (covered in wood, blue and green, like Premier Inn inside. If you've been on an open day you've seen them). Essentially Prem+ have a full size room as their ensuite, not just a retrofitted pod; the room itself is likely to be a bit bigger and (in JoFo) you'll be in a 'cluster' round the kitchen rather than along a corridor. At JoFo Premium rooms are in The Coppice which is mainly gap year students and all self catered.

Premium has a retrofitted pod bathroom but is different to standard as it has recently been refurbished (new furniture, carpets, kitchen stuff etc.).

Hope this helps.

I've lost track of how many times I've answered that, the uni really should explain the difference better,
Reply 399
Original post by roh
Premium plus are, majoratitively, in the JoFo Pavillions (covered in wood, blue and green, like Premier Inn inside. If you've been on an open day you've seen them). Essentially Prem+ have a full size room as their ensuite, not just a retrofitted pod; the room itself is likely to be a bit bigger and (in JoFo) you'll be in a 'cluster' round the kitchen rather than along a corridor. At JoFo Premium rooms are in The Coppice which is mainly gap year students and all self catered.

Premium has a retrofitted pod bathroom but is different to standard as it has recently been refurbished (new furniture, carpets, kitchen stuff etc.).

Hope this helps.

I've lost track of how many times I've answered that, the uni really should explain the difference better,

Aha, that helps a lot, thanks!

Quick Reply