The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dioufy
Just my opinion, as someone mentioned Hatem was regarded as the most talented from the 87 French bunch, he is better than Newcastle and with the agent and player gunning for a move I believe £12m could do it.

I genuinely believe you guys have one more season with Tiote, Cabeye & Hatem before the big clubs come calling. I think you will qualify for the Europa League, playing on Thurs-Sun will hamper your league progress next season and you will finish outside the European places, end up trophy less and at least two out of those three will depart.

Likewise when RVP buggers off.
Reply 3821
Original post by Dioufy
Just my opinion, as someone mentioned Hatem was regarded as the most talented from the 87 French bunch, he is better than Newcastle and with the agent and player gunning for a move I believe £12m could do it.

I genuinely believe you guys have one more season with Tiote, Cabeye & Hatem before the big clubs come calling. I think you will qualify for the Europa League, playing on Thurs-Sun will hamper your league progress next season and you will finish outside the European places, end up trophy less and at least two out of those three will depart.

Okay I get you don't like Newcastle, and I get that you're pissed off because Arsenal don't have Ben Arfa :smug:

But can you **** off now?
Some of the stuff this guy is coming out with he must be trolling it's that preposterous. Please stop feeding him.
In other news Arsenal are set to become Johnstone Paint Trophy champions in the 2015-16 season.
Reply 3824
“I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.“ :love:

Wonder what the reaction is like in France to his form, surely he has to make the Euro 2012 squad now?
Reply 3825
Original post by mau5
“I have already played in Milan, Madrid and Barcelona but it is here that I feel right on the pitch. And also it is here that the players are respected.“ :love:

Wonder what the reaction is like in France to his form, surely he has to make the Euro 2012 squad now?

Apparently Laurent Blanc is incredibly lazy and barely goes to ligue 1 matches, nevermind watching English football, so it'll be interesting to see if he makes the squad
Original post by KingGoonIan
In other news Arsenal are set to become Johnstone Paint Trophy champions in the 2015-16 season.

Not exactly a great reply mate, considering we'll probably be challenging for the title next season. And I know the Arsenal fan above is trolling but we have the ability to cherry pick any of your players if we stumped up the money and they wanted to leave. The French players wouldn't pass up the oppurtunity to work with Wenger. Look at Liverpool, they're similar to you in terms of stature currently, yet they took Enrique and Carroll.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3827
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Not exactly a great reply mate, considering we'll probably be challenging for the title next season. And I know the Arsenal fan above is trolling but we have the ability to cherry pick any of your players if we stumped up the money and they wanted to leave. The French players wouldn't pass up the oppurtunity to work with Wenger. Look at Liverpool, they're similar to you in terms of stature currently, yet they took Enrique and Carroll.

Going for the title? :lol: Is that when RVP leaves and Bendtner comes back?

Liverpool same stature as Newcastle? You must be either trolling or absolutely thick as ****. Liverpool have won 19/20 premier league titles and up until a couple of seasons ago were challenging for the title, While we were relegated and in the Championship.

Liverpool offered us ridiculous money for AC. We accepted he left. Jose Enrique wouldn't sign a new contract because he wanted Champions League football, So we flogged him for £6m to Liverpool. Parting saying that Newcastle will never get into the top 6 any time soon hence the recent song 'We're in the top 6, Jose Enrique we're in the top 6'

Also, Ok. Arsenal have the ability to 'cherry pick' from the teams below you... Who have you cherry picked in the last 5 years except the panic buy of Arteta from skint Everton?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Original post by Vintage
Going for the title? :lol: Is that when RVP leaves and Bendtner comes back?

Liverpool same stature as Newcastle? You must be either trolling or absolutely thick as ****. Liverpool have won 19/20 premier league titles and up until a couple of seasons ago were challenging for the title, While we were relegated and in the Championship.

Liverpool offered us ridiculous money for AC. We accepted he left. Jose Enrique wouldn't sign a new contract because he wanted Champions League football, So we flogged him for £6m to Liverpool. Parting saying that Newcastle will never get into the top 6 any time soon hence the recent song 'We're in the top 6, Jose Enrique we're in the top 6'

Also, Ok. Arsenal have the ability to 'cherry pick' from the teams below you... Who have you cherry picked in the last 5 years except the panic buy of Arteta from skint Everton?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, it's when van Persie signs a new contract and we sign Podolski. And then with Wilshere and Diaby coming back that'll make our squad even stronger. I'm not talking about the past in regards to Newcastle being of the same stature as Liverpool, I'm talking about the present. Newcastle are actually doing better than Liverpool currently because of the transfer strategy you guys took, which should get Pardew manager of the season if you finish in the top 4.

AC would still have left, even if Liverpool offered £15m, which is what his true market value was at the time. They only offered that amount because FSG said they were going to pay £15m less of what they got for Torres, a pretty stupid decision. You reinforced my point about top clubs cherry picking talent with the comment about Enrique, he went to Liverpool because it's a bigger club and I'm sure if we make a bid of £15m for Tiote he would want to leave and the bid would get accepted.

The point about Arsenal cherry-picking is still valid, is it wrong that AW think's there is more value in other European young talent than over here? Just because we haven't signed anyone apart from Arteta doesn't mean we don't have the ability to do it.
No, it's when van Persie signs a new contract and we sign Podolski. And then with Wilshere and Diaby coming back that'll make our squad even stronger. I'm not talking about the past in regards to Newcastle being of the same stature as Liverpool, I'm talking about the present. Newcastle are actually doing better than Liverpool currently because of the transfer strategy you guys took, which should get Pardew manager of the season if you finish in the top 4.

AC would still have left, even if Liverpool offered £15m, which is what his true market value was at the time. They only offered that amount because FSG said they were going to pay £15m less of what they got for Torres, a pretty stupid decision. You reinforced my point about top clubs cherry picking talent with the comment about Enrique, he went to Liverpool because it's a bigger club and I'm sure if we make a bid of £15m for Tiote he would want to leave and the bid would get accepted.

The point about Arsenal cherry-picking is still valid, is it wrong that AW think's there is more value in other European young talent than over here? Just because we haven't signed anyone apart from Arteta doesn't mean we don't have the ability to do it.

I can't be arsed to type a long reply out to correct all your mistakes because you're not worth the time but FYI we rejected several bids for AC before the 35 million one.
we'll probably be challenging for the title next season.

:rofl:
Not exactly a great reply mate, considering we'll probably be challenging for the title next season.

:rofl:

Anyway, if a high enough bid comes in for any Newcastle player then the likelihood is it will be accepted and the player will leave. All clubs are selling clubs. All players have their price. The point is Ben Arfa will go for more than £12 million. Look at how much Liverpool paid for Carroll, after lower bids were rejected. Ashley, for all his failings, appears to be an astute businessman and wouldn't allow players to leave for below their market value. I'd expect Ben Arfa to go for at least £20 million (far more if he stays another season and continues his good form) and I just can't see Arsene spending that sort of money on him.

Original post by Vintage

Liverpool same stature as Newcastle? You must be either trolling or absolutely thick as ****. Liverpool have won 19/20 premier league titles and up until a couple of seasons ago were challenging for the title'

Techincally Liverpool don't have any Premier League titles. In fact, Newcastle have come closer to winning the league in the Premier League era than Liverpool have (on more than one occasion).

I know what you mean, just having a dig at Liverpool.

lmao
Reply 3833

Is this challenging for the title before or after your annual crumble?
Original post by Ricky`1
Is this challenging for the title before or after your annual crumble?

There won't be a crumble. We'll just do a repeat of the 2003/04 season :tongue:
Reply 3835

Have you tied RVP down yet? (No)

Will Wenger splash out £20m odd on Podolski? (No)

Wilshire? May be decent but Diaby :lol: What about your god awful defence?

AC would not have left. Lliambias rejected bids up to £20m then Liverpool said name your price and Lliambias (Already publically stated this) said £35m and they bid :lol: AC didn't even want to leave.

You don't have the ability to cherry pick players off us. You might cherry pick Dempsey from Fulham. But you won't us. And '£12m' is absolutely stupid. You are clueless.

£15m for Tiote? Are you ****ing thick? Enrique left for so little because he had less than year left on his contract. Tiote has over 5 years left. Why would we sell him for £15m? even if he wanted to leave? Chelsea bid £25m for him BEFORE he extended his contract. So he'd go for more now. :facepalm2:
Reply 3836
There won't be a crumble. We'll just do a repeat of the 2003/04 season :tongue:

Yeah because your defence is the best in the league, Your midfield is better than Viera and your strikers Henry. :facepalm2:
Much as I'd like a Wenger coached Ben Arfa at Arsenal, why would he leave?

Newcastle have a great shot at CL or EL football next year, there's a large French-speaking contingent at the club and he's in great form. I doubt he'd be hugely willing to disrupt that. Maybe if this season proves a one off, or the club struggles with the demands of extra games next year he might look elsewhere, but this summer it just seems unlikely.

And even if he was wanting out, Newcastle have shown they're not going to let people go cheaply, so Wenger would be unlikely to pay the asking price. How long does Hatem have left on his contract atm?
Original post by Loat
Much as I'd like a Wenger coached Ben Arfa at Arsenal, why would he leave?

Newcastle have a great shot at CL or EL football next year, there's a large French-speaking contingent at the club and he's in great form. I doubt he'd be hugely willing to disrupt that. Maybe if this season proves a one off, or the club struggles with the demands of extra games next year he might look elsewhere, but this summer it just seems unlikely.

And even if he was wanting out, Newcastle have shown they're not going to let people go cheaply, so Wenger would be unlikely to pay the asking price. How long does Hatem have left on his contract atm?

Three years left on his contract.
Original post by Stu Laverty
Three years left on his contract.

Very unlikely he'd move this summer then. If he does, it'll be for bigger money than Arsenal would stump up.