The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jennifer.tariah
i'm a 100% sure. thats how all your exams are marked. plus! the board has been accused of being tooo easy so, they are become wayy stricter :indiff::nothing:

I looked back and your doing 2 maths exams in June,Unit 1 and 2 I think.If your doing maths exams this year and next year then you are doing modular but if you finish maths this year then the grade boundaries won't have been released before because this is the first time the linear exam is being tested in June.The grade boundaries for B1 and B2 in June 11 were 15 and 16/60 respectively.Basically,the grade boundaries are definitely not 50% for a D,even if you are doing linear,I doubt the grade
boundaries would be like that.Your grade boundaries are still very high and it looks like Edexcel love high grade boundaries-I do Edexcel for English and the grade boundaries are very high but for AQA they aren't nearly as high.
Original post by CharlieBoardman
BTEC?

Yes but it is fully equivalent to two GCSEs.

BTECs are done by the same exam boards as GCSEs and are checked by Ofqual to ensure they are equivalent.
Where are all the Year 10s?-I hate the inactivity compared to the Year 11 thread.
Original post by Dalek1099
What exact course is it?-so I can check.Sounds too bad to be true:eek:-I currently know of very little occurrences of 50%+ for a D in any subject,most of these occurrences happen in English and Maths normally has even lower grade boundaries than most subjects except maybe Geography which is even lower.

What are you talking about? In Maths it always tends to be every 10th percentile for each grade e.g. 90% A* 80% A 70% B 60% C etc.

Where are all the Year 10s?-I hate the inactivity compared to the Year 11 thread.

There isn't that much to talk about in Year 10. In Year 11 we'll be applying to 6th Forms and doing other Year 11 stuff...Year 10 is basically just mocks and modular exams.
Original post by MangoFreak
What are you talking about? In Maths it always tends to be every 10th percentile for each grade e.g. 90% A* 80% A 70% B 60% C etc.

There isn't that much to talk about in Year 10. In Year 11 we'll be applying to 6th Forms and doing other Year 11 stuff...Year 10 is basically just mocks and modular exams.

Where have you got that rubbish from?-that isn't generally true not even for Edexcel and for AQA 5/6=Full marks
Yes but it is fully equivalent to two GCSEs.

BTECs are done by the same exam boards as GCSEs and are checked by Ofqual to ensure they are equivalent.

Yes, but it isn't seen as equal by employers or admissions officers, and that's all that counts really.
Original post by SweatyGoldfish
Yes, but it isn't seen as equal by employers or admissions officers, and that's all that counts really.

You write the equivalent of on your CV and employers won't know-Do they really ask for the certificates?
You write the equivalent of on your CV and employers won't know-Do they really ask for the certificates?

:facepalm2:

No one is going to look at your CV, see "equivalent of GCSE" and think, "Oh that's must be of equal value to a GCSE". I've not heard of one "GCSE equivalent" which is actually equivalent.
:facepalm2:

No one is going to look at your CV, see "equivalent of GCSE" and think, "Oh that's must be of equal value to a GCSE". I've not heard of one "GCSE equivalent" which is actually equivalent.

FSMQ is definitely equivalent from what I've heard but I don't know what's wrong with OCR Nationals and BTECS they are 100% coursework and whats wrong with that and some BTECs aren't 100% coursework but they are still respected and You'd be surprised how many employers would skim through the CV and just see the grades.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that. :rolleyes:
No matter what teachers may tell you, GCSEs are just generally more respected than BTECs; that's just the way it is.
FSMQ is definitely equivalent from what I've heard but I don't know what's wrong with OCR Nationals and BTECS they are 100% coursework and whats wrong with that and some BTECs aren't 100% coursework but they are still respected and You'd be surprised how many employers would skim through the CV and just see the grades.

Oh, please, present me with your sources backing up this idea that there are many respectable employers who would skim through a CV. Not only that, but if I am not mistaken BTECs and other vocationals are graded Pass, Merit, Distinction. Quite a difference from GCSE grades, so I doubt even then that they would be ignored.

FMSQ isn't vocational, and is respected. That's just the way it is. Do you want to see my "deal with it" .gif again? :ahee:
Hey guys....I'm in year 11 but what the heck..
Original post by TheDizzeeKid

'Sup bro?
Original post by TheDizzeeKid

Greetings, lavish us with your great wisdom :awesome:
Original post by Pandora.
'Sup bro?

Jus' chillin wid da lil un's :colone:

wagwan?
Greetings, lavish us with your great wisdom :awesome:

What would you like to know, young one?
Oh, please, present me with your sources backing up this idea that there are many respectable employers who would skim through a CV. Not only that, but if I am not mistaken BTECs and other vocationals are graded Pass, Merit, Distinction. Quite a difference from GCSE grades, so I doubt even then that they would be ignored.

FMSQ isn't vocational, and is respected. That's just the way it is. Do you want to see my "deal with it" .gif again? :ahee:

You put down the equivalent grades compared to GCSE like if my predictions come true I will have the equivalent of 13A*s 3As at GCSE.
Reply 2457
Another year 11 here. :wavey:
Original post by Cubic
Another year 11 here. :wavey:

:five:
Is anyone betting on the grand national?

Latest