The Student Room Group

Small Tattoo Cost

I've never had any experience of getting a tattoo but would really like to have "Illegitimi non carborundum" tattoo'd on my upper arm.

I only want plain black and about 3 inches tall two inches wide.

Any guide to how much this would cost would be brilliant :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I have a few tattoos myself and hope I can help.

From your description, I'm guessing about £50. I had a words tattoo done myself, it was a bit bigger than what you've described for yours and that was £65 so I'll estimate about £50.

Some places vary in cost drastically though, so it depends greatly on where you go.
I'd say around £40 - £50.
Reply 3
Yea £50 is probably about right, I've got a small giraffe on my forearm that cost me £60 and a larger, colour bird on my back that was £35! But that was one from their portfolio. Custom tattoos will always be a bit more expensive.
Reply 4
It depends on the artist and where you go, I guess. My custom 0.5inx0.5in >__> was £15, but it depends how complex it's going to be and how much time it'll take.
Reply 5
Thanks for all the responses, much appreciated :smile:
It would be cheaper to write in on yourself each morning with a sharpie :P That way, when it sinks in that tattoos are not that nice, you no longer have to look at it :biggrin:
Original post by caiitlinz
It depends on the artist and where you go, I guess. My custom 0.5inx0.5in >__> was £15, but it depends how complex it's going to be and how much time it'll take.

That's tiny! What was the tattoo?
I want to get a small tattoo of two hearts joined together the big one of a devil heart n the small heart an angel heart how much would it cost me
I had a friend who got a similar sized tattoo done for £60. I guess it depends where you go :smile:
I have quite a few tattoos now and they have varied so much in price. Most artists have a minimum charge, and it varies by area as well. For example at my favourite shop in London charges £60 as a minimum, no matter if you get just a dot. But my shop in my hometown charges £30 per hour.

Best thing is to contact some shops you like the work of, and ask them! Often they'll draw up a design for a small deposit. As an idea though you're looking between £40-80 depending on location of the shop and experience of the artist.

Also be careful with tattoos which are in anything remotely approaching a foreign language, even if that is fake Latin. They get misspelled and messed up easily.
Original post by PinkyPurply
I've never had any experience of getting a tattoo but would really like to have "Illegitimi non carborundum" tattoo'd on my upper arm.

I only want plain black and about 3 inches tall two inches wide.

Any guide to how much this would cost would be brilliant :smile:

some of my friends have tattoos and they pay £1 per minute in Crawley but they admit it is higher than some places just that they are wiling to do bigger stuff say one of the guys has full sleeves that took about 4 4 hour blocks to do and cost him £960 in total
Hello Mr Bee. I hated tattoos about 1 year ago, but for some reason I have started to love them. I got my first tatt at the grand age of 63 haha. I love them. They are not the usual dark and dismal tatts, they are very bright and flowery. Tomorrow I am getting my best friends name, who passed away and Im getting it done in Arabic, as it is a very beautiful writing. My final one will be on my shoulder and arm. You never know Mr Bee, you may change your mind one day. I did hahaha. Cheers hon. Kathy x
Hi! I have been planning to get a tattoo for months and waiting for my birthday (in a week) I have finally decided on 2 (light pink) poppies with their stems crossed in the middle and a semi colon where they cross as I have had a long oncoming battle with my mental health. Anywhooo.... I think it will be maybe 4 to 5 cm in height in total and 10 to 15 cm long placed on the back of my left shoulder. I have done a lot of searching to get estimates but the designs are so different either with more colour or increased size or the detailing is insane. This is a very simple design and I have my heart set on it but I need to find out if I should bring my wallet or sell a kidney... thanks if you could help x E
Tattoo suck
How much would a tattoo cost saying sean
Original post by Fraxer2012
How much would a tattoo cost saying sean

It would depend on where you go. Minimum pricing varies a lot from studio to studio as they set the prices for their business themselves. Have a look around online for studios near you and either go in and speak to them or shoot them a message on Facebook. :smile:

If you happen to live near Glasgow I could give you some studio recommendations.
Hi i will be going to Glasgow next month and will be there for a couple of months. Can you recommend a few artists? And their price range? Thank you!
Original post by ananelia
Hi i will be going to Glasgow next month and will be there for a couple of months. Can you recommend a few artists? And their price range? Thank you!

I got this done in Glasgow for £35 but for the life of me I can’t remember where it was done.
Original post by EmmyLemons
Hi! I have been planning to get a tattoo for months and waiting for my birthday (in a week) I have finally decided on 2 (light pink) poppies with their stems crossed in the middle and a semi colon where they cross as I have had a long oncoming battle with my mental health. Anywhooo.... I think it will be maybe 4 to 5 cm in height in total and 10 to 15 cm long placed on the back of my left shoulder. I have done a lot of searching to get estimates but the designs are so different either with more colour or increased size or the detailing is insane. This is a very simple design and I have my heart set on it but I need to find out if I should bring my wallet or sell a kidney... thanks if you could help x E

Semi colon tats are rhe best ( I’m totally not biased )

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending