The Student Room Group

Will he get caught for plaguerism?

Delete...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
doubt it
Reply 2
Why did you let him copy your coursework in a first place?
Reply 3
if it gets sent off for moderation he may well do, if its just within the school probably not.
Reply 4
Original post by cl_steele
if it gets sent off for moderation he may well do, if its just within the school probably not.

I think it's being sent off for moderation!
Reply 5
Original post by ElTornado
I think it's being sent off for moderation!

then I'd be very worried for him...
Reply 6
Original post by cl_steele
then I'd be very worried for him...

ahh crap! lol still if I did it 3 yrs ago and it wasn't moderated should be alright? :redface:
Reply 7
ahh crap! lol still if I did it 3 yrs ago and it wasn't moderated should be alright? :redface:

I know it's morally wrong, but he won't get caught. I know plenty of people who have plagiarised large chunks of coursework and even with moderation evaded getting caught. Exam boards have a lot of students work, it's effort for them to discover plagiarism which is why they stress it's importance on schools to crack down on it.

Nonetheless your brother's an idiot for doing that.

Not being funny, but they keep stuff for up to and sometimes over 5 years I think. It depends if it's been catalogued onto a computer and they might have protocol to check a small bit of his coursework and check the match percentage. I'd be very worried. What a retard, no offence, but this is A2, not GCSE where you can play about and risk!!! It's his future at risk now...is he aiming to go to uni etc...??
Reply 9
I hope he gets caught. Justice will be served.
OP said her work was done 3 years ago and not moderated. So OP your classes work was not sent off to be marked externally, but you think your brothers is?

Obviously they always send a few to be examined externally to verify the internal marking is accurate, but if as a whole the work is marked internally, I doubt they'll pick up on him copying a 3 year old piece of work, especially if he's handed this in on paper and it isn't uploaded digitally for plagiarism software to analyse.
Reply 11
lol i did a similar thing for my english coursework but combined like four pieces together
Yes. Everything they scan gets catalogued.
Reply 13
Original post by victoryshinesonus
Not being funny, but they keep stuff for up to and sometimes over 5 years I think. It depends if it's been catalogued onto a computer and they might have protocol to check a small bit of his coursework and check the match percentage. I'd be very worried. What a retard, no offence, but this is A2, not GCSE where you can play about and risk!!! It's his future at risk now...is he aiming to go to uni etc...??

yeah he's going uni next year that's why im so worried!

Original post by someonesomewherexx
More importantly why did you allow him copy your work when you knew the risks?

I didn't, he went through my old work without me knowing :mad:
Reply 14
Original post by joey11223
OP said her work was done 3 years ago and not moderated. So OP your classes work was not sent off to be marked externally, but you think your brothers is?

Obviously they always send a few to be examined externally to verify the internal marking is accurate, but if as a whole the work is marked internally, I doubt they'll pick up on him copying a 3 year old piece of work, especially if he's handed this in on paper and it isn't uploaded digitally for plagiarism software to analyse.

yeah I don't think mine was sent, but I know his is being sent when I asked him because he only has 8 people in his class.

It's all on paper!

I didn't, he went through my old work without me knowing :mad:

Well, in that case, stop worrying, if he gets away with it, then he's a lucky man, uni won't be so easy! As departments and the number of students are far smaller and they can account for every piece of work. Just tell him if he has been caught, he'll be taught a very harsh lesson. Tbh if he's so lazy that he couldn't be bothered to do his coursework, then he shouldn't even be going to uni! Because it'll be the same but he'll be having A LOT more of it...
If you're was interally marked, He should be fine. Schools have to keep work up to 3 years in case the exam boards request it, however, it was 3 years ago, and you school can say they have gotten rid of it. If you had both went to the same school, there's bound to be a small number of teachers who teach A2 ICT anyway, and coursework would normally have to be marked and checked by 2 teachers if its internally, and someone would have pulled him up about it by now if it were a problem...

I suggest that you scare the *&^% out of him in the faint hope that he learns a lesson and does not try to cheat again once at university

Quick Reply

Latest