The Student Room Group

15/4/12 - Manchester United vs Aston Villa

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
****in diving ****. **** off young you scrawny ****, give us a bad name.

And people hate Nani for diving? WTF
What has been the highest points total? United could probably beat it at this rate.
Original post by DaveSmith99
Also it was a penalty, there was enough contact there, but young did make the most of it.

It was not a penalty, Mark Halsey got conned. Even the commentators on the stream I'm watching are saying that. Need to learn to put your bias to one side and view decisions objectively...
Reply 43
Ashley Young is an absolute disgrace.
United fans go on about Suarez all the time. He doesn't dive but over does it whenever he goes down. Just like Young here. Yet so many United fans ignore this. So hypocritical! Cheated twice in a week, sad to see. Welbeck and Valencia are two United players i respect as so many times i see they could go down but don't see to ever do even when they can.
Reply 45
Ashley Young kicked our player ffs. He is a cheat I know he used to cheat every week for Villa. Anyway I try to ignore plastic fans like you.
Reply 46
Original post by TheInvincibles14
It was not a penalty, Mark Halsey got conned. Even the commentators on the stream I'm watching are saying that. Need to learn to put your bias to one side and view decisions objectively...

And the commentators on mine said it was.

LKike i said, everyone ignores the actual contact made.. which makes it a penalty. It was theatrical indeed, but that doesnt stop it being a penalty.

Sad children.
(edited 11 years ago)
And this is against his former side. CLASSY player.
Trying to revise at the same time as 5 live-ing it. Seems a general consensus that Young dived, was it a penalty that he exaggerated or just a phantom foul?
Reply 49
Original post by Tommyjw
Cheats?

It was a definate penalty, i dont see how that can be disputed there was obvious definite contact, he just was over theatrical.

But ofcourse, all ignore the actual contact which makes it a penalty.

Oh and United are still top of the table, and even higher up, when all the 'right decisions' were made. So go bore yourself elsewhere.

*definite.

The contact wasn't sufficient to bring down a player, but you can live in your fantasy world if you wish.
Reply 50
Original post by TheInvincibles14
What has been the highest points total? United could probably beat it at this rate.

Nah, we could've if we'd won against Wigan earlier in the week. I think we can still match it though (correct me if I'm wrong).
Reply 51
Pretty ashamed of Young, if he feels a slight breeze he hits the deck
I'm going to go there and say he's worse than Suarez. Absolute disgrace.

Getting Negged by all the United 'fans' - cute.

Edit (again) just stumbled upon something. Sir Alex Ferguson on Suarez: "He dives all over the place. He's a disgrace to Liverpool Football Club" Wondering what waffle SAF will come up with in the post game interview, without contradicting himself horrendously.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by doggyfizzel
Trying to revise at the same time as 5 live-ing it. Seems a general consensus that Young dived, was it a penalty that he exaggerated or just a phantom foul?

It was a foul. It's because its Young, that has caused an uproar. There was contact, but he could have stayed up if he wanted (but whoever does!?)
Tom Daley is trending on Twitter :rofl2:
Reply 55
Difference between Young and Suarez. Young makes a meal out of a tiny touch. Suarez makes a meal out of everything even when there is no contact made.

Not saying its acceptable. He could have a shot on goal instead of falling over and at that distance very high chance he could have scored..
Reply 56
aside young's jumping around begging for penalty........ united have been very good but the problem is where is the conversion? if it stays 1-0 there will be controversy if they thump Aston villa nobody will care as there was contact.
Reply 57
Original post by doggyfizzel

Ryan Taylor @TaylorR1984
Ashley Young is an absolute DISGRACE. He's the biggest cheat in the league. His antics are a joke....
4:11 PM - 15 Apr 12
:smile:
Reply 58
Sexy play from United.
Reply 59
Lol @ Rio during penalty, nice.

Quick Reply