The Student Room Group

When do you go on study leave ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by ..lauren
3rd of may for five weeks then three weeks back at school WITHOUT a timetable change, so basically a waste of time: Scottish Highers also. Our 6th years and 5th year leaves also just leave at the beginning of study leave.

We're rumoured to get it from the middle of the first week as well, but doubt my school will do it. Why would you're school make you go back without a timetable change?
I was wanting to leave at the beginning of study leave but I'm not confident enough that I'll get the grades :s-smilie:
Reply 21
Next week :unimpressed:
Reply 22
Original post by mrsnicket
Next week :unimpressed:

How the hell does yours start THAT early?
Reply 23
Original post by closey95
We're rumoured to get it from the middle of the first week as well, but doubt my school will do it. Why would you're school make you go back without a timetable change?
I was wanting to leave at the beginning of study leave but I'm not confident enough that I'll get the grades :s-smilie:

Urgh, because my school is incompetent. They did it last year too because they run a school show now so it'd be 'unfair' to change the timetable when those in the show would miss out. They probably just cba having the timetable ready tbh. Last year we would often get taught some of higher if we were taking the subject and maths moved the classes around so that we got taught 'cause we were all in at the same time, and we were already in our english classes. It wont work this year though 'cause most people just pick up different highers, but I might start some of the work for my adv highers!
Reply 24
I feel jealous now, our school doesn't have one fml.

I'm just planning not to attend school, I can't revise fully at school; and most of the lessons will be pointless "revision" sessions, which will end up as endless banter -_-
15th of May, even though my first exam is on the 30th of April. It's rather annoying.
11th May. My first exam is on the 15th and last on the 25th, I have 8 exams, so that's an exam nearly every single day after study leave starts :frown: I've not been doing much revision over Easter though so perhaps it's a good thing it starts so late, less chance of me mucking around on tumblr and tsr instead of revising :smile:
Reply 27
I don't (though I'm doing AS, so maybe I will have study leave A2...:dontknow:?) Anyway, I don't even have the time off after my exams; they're keeping us in so they can go through part of A2 with us.

I mean, what? :colonhash:
Reply 28
im not sure if i get1. i doing A2 aswell. hoping we get study leave cos i ain read shiiiiiiiiit. il prbs end up bunking if they dont give a study leave!
25th May. 1/3 of my exams are going to be over by the time we get study leave. :lolwut:

On the bright side, only 29 days of school left :woo:
Reply 30
14th April

<3 x
Reply 31
31st May(for A2) :frown: although I have 2 exams before then AS starts on the 11th May
Original post by Millyshyn
11th May. My first exam is on the 15th and last on the 25th, I have 8 exams, so that's an exam nearly every single day after study leave starts :frown: I've not been doing much revision over Easter though so perhaps it's a good thing it starts so late, less chance of me mucking around on tumblr and tsr instead of revising :smile:

those are exact same dates as me! I go on study leave on the 11th, my first proper exam (as I my french oral is on the 3rd) on the 15th and my final one is on the 25th. Are you in AS?
Reply 33
I'm GCSE, first exam is May 10th and study leave starts on the 9th. It's horrible.
I don't know! I just don't know!

:frown: :frown: :frown:
AS - 9 exams. Last day is 11th may, exams from 14th may - 24th may. We dont have to go to any lessons during that period. All AS exams (as far as im aware) are before the june half term - mine start and finish in less than 2 weeks so I get 2 weeks half term as we dont have to attend lessons once our exams are over. Then school starts again 11th june :smile: :u:
Reply 36
Original post by closey95
How the hell does yours start THAT early?

Well the first exam is next Wednesday so I'm assuming that we're off before then. Personally, my first exam is the 2nd of May, so I guess I'm not too bothered as long as study leave starts before it.
Original post by pink pineapple
those are exact same dates as me! I go on study leave on the 11th, my first proper exam (as I my french oral is on the 3rd) on the 15th and my final one is on the 25th. Are you in AS?

Hah, yes! Is your first one a Unit 1 chemistry resit and last one Unit 2 physics by any chance?
Original post by WillowSummers
15th of May, even though my first exam is on the 30th of April. It's rather annoying.

Well thats EARLY!! What exam is that?
Original post by CLARA_
Study Leave = 11th May, first exam is the 15th!

Same here!

Quick Reply

Latest