The Student Room Group

Big boobs and blouses

Girls with 32E and larger boob sizes, do you struggle finding blouses that suit your top half?

I seem to always end up settling for tight fitting tops, and yet I'd also like to wear loose fitting tops but they sit weirdly because of my boobs.

The are the type of tops I'd love to wear:

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/99506?article=99506-A

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/99113?article=99113-C

I know it doesn't seem logical that they would look weird, but they actually do end up looking weird, I don't know why. I think they end up making me look top heavy, as in giving the illusion of being fat. Whereas tight fitting blouses show my boobs and waist definition.

I don't think I'd have the same problem if I had smaller boobs.

Does anyone else face problems with loose fitting tops?

Scroll to see replies

Pics?
Reply 2
Yeah, tops like that just kind of go all tent on me.
Reply 3
Those tops just dont work. ever. Especially if youre thin, makes people look massive.
Yep, completely understand. Makes me feel like I'm wearing a shapeless potato sack on my top half. Probably because having big boobs pushes the top out and there's nothing pulling it back in unless you tuck them in or chuck a belt on, which defeats the point of wanting to wear a floaty blouse. Really don't know why girls want big boobs, it's not a blessing!
Reply 5
loose fitting dresses too!
Reply 6
Original post by ~Kat~
Yeah, tops like that just kind of go all tent on me.

Yes that's exactly how to describe it, it's like a tent!

And also, loose fitting shift dresses, some can be fixed by using a thick belt on your waist, but not all.
Reply 7
Original post by truthandtragedy
Really don't know why girls want big boobs, it's not a blessing!

Gah! I know! Everytime I hear a mate complaining about wanting my boobs I freak out. However, they continue to say it -.-

They couldn't possibly understand the frustration of not being able to freeboob in public :cry2:
Reply 8
Yep, completely understand. Makes me feel like I'm wearing a shapeless potato sack on my top half. Probably because having big boobs pushes the top out and there's nothing pulling it back in unless you tuck them in or chuck a belt on, which defeats the point of wanting to wear a floaty blouse. Really don't know why girls want big boobs, it's not a blessing!

Exactly! What type of tops to you generally buy? I seem to struggle for tops.

I always end up going for the same old pinafore and tight shift dresses.

People must think I lack imagination.
(edited 12 years ago)
Meh, just gotta accept that you can't wear certain things. Just like if you're flat-chested, dresses like these are awful: http://stylefrizz.com/img/keira-knightley-marc-jacobs-grey-dress-toronto-duchess-premiere.jpg

So it's not just girls with big boobs who struggle :smile: There's lots of stuff we can wear!
Original post by babygirl110
Girls with 32E and larger boob sizes, do you struggle finding blouses that suit your top half?

I seem to always end up settling for tight fitting tops, and yet I'd also like to wear loose fitting tops but they sit weirdly because of my boobs.

The are the type of tops I'd love to wear:

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/99506?article=99506-A

http://www.hm.com/gb/product/99113?article=99113-C

I know it doesn't seem logical that they would look weird, but they actually do end up looking weird, I don't know why. I think they end up making me look top heavy, as in giving the illusion of being fat. Whereas tight fitting blouses show my boobs and waist definition.

I don't think I'd have the same problem if I had smaller boobs.

Does anyone else face problems with loose fitting tops?

that second top is pretty! with tops like those, try and wear one of your bra's that fit really well and give a good shape & then it doesn't look so tent like :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Hellz_Bellz!
Meh, just gotta accept that you can't wear certain things. Just like if you're flat-chested, dresses like these are awful: http://stylefrizz.com/img/keira-knightley-marc-jacobs-grey-dress-toronto-duchess-premiere.jpg

So it's not just girls with big boobs who struggle :smile: There's lots of stuff we can wear!

Unfortunately for us larger chested girls, we couldn't wear that dress either, our boobs would spill out of the top gathered bit.

It's for small to average sized chests B, C and D
Reply 12
Original post by tinkerbell_xxx
that second top is pretty! with tops like those, try and wear one of your bra's that fit really well and give a good shape & then it doesn't look so tent like :smile:

All my bras fit well.

A well fitting bra isn't going to stop the tent look if you have boobs that are too large
Reply 13
Original post by JaggySnake95
Pics?

I've already got 10 points for posting inappropriate pictures, any more points would have me banned!
I've already got 10 points for posting inappropriate pictures, any more points would have me banned!

Nothing stopping a cheeky pm.
Unfortunately for us larger chested girls, we couldn't wear that dress either, our boobs would spill out of the top gathered bit.

It's for small to average sized chests B, C and D

No I know, I'm just saying that everyone's got something that doesn't flatter them, whether they have big boobs, small boobs, big hips, short legs, etc :smile:
it's because the neckline is too high... and they make you look fat..

i'm 32E/F and i generally just go for shirts or tops that end up tight... it'd be nice to wear a blouse for a change but i know it's not going to happen because i don't want to look preggers! it doesn't keep me up at night because there are plenty of other options for me.

it's because the lower half is flouncy so just sticks out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 17
I think the best way to way floaty blouses would be to wear high waisted bottoms, so that it comes in at your waist. :smile:
Reply 18
I know exactly what you mean.
I'm a 32F, but I'm only small (size 6/8) and I can never find anything that fits over my boobs and fits the rest of me and flatters me... it's a really awful curse and I'd kill to have smaller boobs so I could wear nicer tops and actually buy stuff without trying it on. My boobs make me look a lot fatter than I actually am and at only 5ft1 it's not exactly the best thing :tongue:

i think it is haha maybe like 2 years ago i would have agreed but now i don't, boobs are great! there's more to life than clothes and while they can be a pain in the arse (i tried on a BEAUTIFUL dress the other day but it was so low cut i would have looked amazing with small boobs but was a no with these, huge disappointment :frown:) .. it's a price i don't mind paying.. means i spend less on clothes to!

i think just being happy with your body and accepting that everyone has things that don't suit them due to body shape is a must in moving on.. i think everyone should be able to love their bodies whether AA cup or L+ cup (provided not obese).. but unfortunately that isn't the case.

the only thing that pees me off is the fact that i can't get many decent low priced bras that AREN'T something my gran would pick out...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending