The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 160
Hey guys, i've accepted an unconditional for primary education (upper).

I'm Looking a accomodation ready for when we can apply, any thoughts on whats good and what to avoid? I saw on the whatuni website that pin hill can get really noisy as next to a night club?
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 161
Original post by bex2607
Hey guys, i've accepted an unconditional for primary education (upper).

I'm Looking a accomodation ready for when we can apply, any thoughts on whats good and what to avoid? I saw on the whatuni website that pin hill can get really noisy as next to a night club?

Just so you know we can apply now. There's a link up now, think it must have opened today. I just applied. I'd be quick if I were you, remember it's first come first served! :smile:
Reply 162
Just to let you all know, you can apply for accommodation now. There's a link up that takes you through the process. I've just done mine. :smile:
Reply 163
Original post by colef001
Just to let you all know, you can apply for accommodation now. There's a link up that takes you through the process. I've just done mine. :smile:

Yeah i checked too and it came online this afternoon! Done my application fingers crossed for my 1st choice!! :biggrin:
Put my accommodation application in today! Fingers crossed for Lanfranc :biggrin:
Original post by bex2607
Yeah i checked too and it came online this afternoon! Done my application fingers crossed for my 1st choice!! :biggrin:

Yay-it's so exciting :smile: Where have you applied for?
Reply 166
Original post by Debbie_xx
Yay-it's so exciting :smile: Where have you applied for?

I put Lanfranc as first choice, defo my fave, pin hill second and parham as third.
What about you? what are you studying?
Original post by bex2607
I put Lanfranc as first choice, defo my fave, pin hill second and parham as third.
What about you? what are you studying?

I applied for Lanfranc first choice- definitely my favourite as well, then Campus halls 2nd choice, then pin hill as third

I'm a music applicant :smile: What are you studying?
Reply 168
Grr.. can't decide.

I'm tempted to go for the st georges centre one, but aside from that it is "new" i don't have much to go on about how it actually is.

Anyone know if any of these places allow people to visit to see what the accomodation is like?
Reply 169
I applied for Lanfranc first choice- definitely my favourite as well, then Campus halls 2nd choice, then pin hill as third

I'm a music applicant :smile: What are you studying?

I've accepted an unconditional on primary education.

I was gonna put campus- but was between that and my last choice parham.. dont really want parham as its so far from library and that. I thought about St georges too but its like an extra £700 for the year and a risk as havent seen it!! Really excited for september now tho!
Original post by bex2607
I've accepted an unconditional on primary education.

I was gonna put campus- but was between that and my last choice parham.. dont really want parham as its so far from library and that. I thought about St georges too but its like an extra £700 for the year and a risk as havent seen it!! Really excited for september now tho!

Yay, well done on the unconditional! I've got a CCC offer, but had to do an audition- nerve wracking but at the same time I fell in love with the music department when I visited!
Yeah, same- i thought about Parham but decided that it was just a bit too far away from the library for my liking! I saw the campus halls on an open day I went to and they look fine but I really like Lanfranc, so definitely hope I get a room there! Eek, £700 extra for St. Georges!
Reply 171
Original post by colef001
I can't really comment on accommodation since I'm in the same boat myself! Personally I want to be as close to campus as possible, it seems to make life so much easier!

As for bathrooms, I think it depends on the kinds of people you're sharing with and how many people there are to one bathroom! If you live with people who are reasonably tidy and you have cleaners, I think it's fine. Given the choice though, I'd like to opt for an en-suite. It's one less thing to worry about if you're in a rush and you don't have to wait for the bathroom. It's just whether or not I can afford it. (I still don't know how much student loan I'm getting this year.)

Hope this is helpful. :smile:

Thank you for the reply! I've heard the accom. application is open now, so I'm applying :smile: I liked the look of Lanfranc (although only saw it from the outside!), but St Georges SOUNDS nice too! Ah, decisions, decisions :/
Reply 172
Original post by 3011295jw
haha :wink: well good luck with your course! I will probably end up getting to know you without even realising i spoke to you on here.

most likely! yea good luck!, strangely im excited and quite impatient for September, living on the isle of wight sort of limits what you see of new places!
Reply 173
Original post by bex2607

Fingers crossed I get mine too! Although I seem to be the only person who hasn't applied for Lanfranc!
Reply 174
Has anyone else applied for Campus Halls? :s-smilie:
Reply 175
Hey i've put campus halls as my first choice too :smile: What are you applying to study>
I've applied for Lanfranc and then Parham Road.. really hope I get Lanfranc tho! Getting close now... excited :smile: :smile:
Reply 177
Original post by love.the.efron
I've applied for Lanfranc and then Parham Road.. really hope I get Lanfranc tho! Getting close now... excited :smile: :smile:

Fingers crossed for Lanfrance too, seems to be one of the most expensive but in a good location for everything!!! What are you studying? :smile:
Reply 178
Yay, well done on the unconditional! I've got a CCC offer, but had to do an audition- nerve wracking but at the same time I fell in love with the music department when I visited!
Yeah, same- i thought about Parham but decided that it was just a bit too far away from the library for my liking! I saw the campus halls on an open day I went to and they look fine but I really like Lanfranc, so definitely hope I get a room there! Eek, £700 extra for St. Georges!

Thanks was very happy when i found out, CCC was my first choice by far! Yeah I thought so too with Parham but wasnt sure about staying on campus, kinda liked the idea of being in the town! I didnt see the campus halls but spoke to a 1st year and they recommended places and said campus halls are the oldest? I know mad its that much for st georges.. surely no-one will pay that much!! Glad the audition went well, i know what you mean about falling in love with the place!! I think it was the education head of dept that did it for me.. she was soo passionate and enthusastic about everything.. hard for that not to rub off on everyone!!!:biggrin:
Reply 179
Original post by JoJo92
Hey i've put campus halls as my first choice too :smile: What are you applying to study>

Hey. I already have an unconditional for Biosciences with a foundation year. What about you?

Quick Reply

Latest