Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website

Salford Freshers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by justiceisjust
Joining Salford in September I hope, but living in Manchester, Mill Point halls to be precise, hope its not too much of a problem getting to uni everyday!

You heard of any other salford students doing this? I was pondering the idea for a while :/
Students at work
University of Salford
Salford
Visit website
Original post by chelevi
You heard of any other salford students doing this? I was pondering the idea for a while :/

Apparently loads of people do this. My friend (a second year) goes to the met, and lives with someone from Uni of Manchester and Salford and apparently in their first year the guy from Salford spent most of his time in Manchester and was hardly ever in his Salford accommodation because he preferred living in Manchester much more.
Original post by ed_sodium
from the salford accomidation website:

We place nursing students together as study and work patterns usually involve shifts and longer contracts. Most nursing students require a 52 week contract. There are a small number of courses starting in March if we have rooms available at that time we will pleased to offer you accommodation.*

if all your flatmates are nurses then then there mire likely to keep the noise down and be considerate of the hours your working think they put the nurses in the irwell flats. could always ask glfor quiet accomidation if you think its going to be a concern

I understand that, but, I don't want to live with other Nurses. I don't want to be going back to the flat and talking about my course all the time. I was wondering whether I have to live in the specified nursing accommodation or can I live elsewhere? And if I can, would living in Castle Irwell be a good idea?
Reply 63
Original post by SuperheroSam
I understand that, but, I don't want to live with other Nurses. I don't want to be going back to the flat and talking about my course all the time. I was wondering whether I have to live in the specified nursing accommodation or can I live elsewhere? And if I can, would living in Castle Irwell be a good idea?

I think they put nurses in with each other because of the contract lengh aswell. Aslong as you dont need the longer contract lengh i dont see why they wouldnt allow you to stayin the normal accom. (if you need the contract lengh IQ do 50 week contracts but it will probably be dead after the non nurses have gone) allot ofpele say irwells dead noisy other people say its fine think it depends what you want, id say it will defo be noisy at the weekend, could do their quiet accom in irwell if you were worried about sleeping but want the livliest when it suits you?
I had an unconditional through yesterday to study Geography at Salford, I'm currently studying Renewable Energy at Glyndwr University (I bet you've never heard of it either) and I'm fed up of living in a quiet town and doing a course that I'm not really enjoying. I'm so excited to live in Manchester as I love it there, I just hope that the university lives upto my expectations too!
I'm looking at living in IQ as it looks very similar to my current halls and is £10 a week cheaper too. :smile:

Feel free to add me on facebook, would be good to get to know some people before I transfer!

https://www.facebook.com/Aleddddd
Reply 65
shouldnt this thread be a sticky?

anyway, ive decided to stay at mill point in manchester centre. im also doing TV & Radio so if anyone else is doing the same course or same accom feel free to add us on fb :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/chelevi
Reply 66
Hello everyone!
Just firmed my offer with Salford, hoping to do Multimedia and Internet technology.
I went up to the uni on the 28th to check it out and I was realy impressed (Although the weather helped ;P).
Hoping to be staying in JL/EC as they seem to be close enough to the Newton building and Media City.
Anyone else studying MIT?
I've got a conditional to study Performance (Drama and Theatre strand). :smile:
I've put Salford as my insurance. Unsure of what to put as my accommodation preferences. There was a guide around here somewhere... Anyone know which thread it's in?

Edit: Found it, it was on the first page of this thread :facepalm:

What have people picked for their accommodation? I noticed that there are 6 halls but there are only prices for 4 of them on the accom. website?

Which accomodation is closest to the music campus? I think it's the adelphi building or something.

Original post by k3ro

Can I PM you regarding accommodation? Might be a long one so I don't want to send you an essay if you cba with it :P
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 69
Original post by jackf1337
I've put Salford as my insurance. Unsure of what to put as my accommodation preferences. There was a guide around here somewhere... Anyone know which thread it's in?

Edit: Found it, it was on the first page of this thread :facepalm:

What have people picked for their accommodation? I noticed that there are 6 halls but there are only prices for 4 of them on the accom. website?

Which accomodation is closest to the music campus? I think it's the adelphi building or something.

Can I PM you regarding accommodation? Might be a long one so I don't want to send you an essay if you cba with it :P

IQ is all applyed and dealt through on the IQ website, theres another company campus living villages that deal with a hanful of the halls too.

The ones shown on the price list is the ones you can apply through the website for.

Im putting castle irwell as my first dont know bout 2nd n 3 rd tbh
Reply 70
Anyone else having difficulties applying for accommodation? I cant actually get to the page where we apply :frown:
Reply 71
Original post by Dbrown18
Anyone else having difficulties applying for accommodation? I cant actually get to the page where we apply :frown:

ayee i had problems getting on to the page, just kept failing to load

downloaded motariolla firefox like it said on the front page and i finally got through

bit of a pain, did you manage to apply?
Reply 72
Original post by justiceisjust
Joining Salford in September I hope, but living in Manchester, Mill Point halls to be precise, hope its not too much of a problem getting to uni everyday!

hey am also looking for an accommodation in the city centre..How did you manage to book it?
Any advise would definitely help me.thanks in advance!
Original post by 457_eagle
hey am also looking for an accommodation in the city centre..How did you manage to book it?
Any advise would definitely help me.thanks in advance!

I just filled out the online application form for Mill Point accommodation and paid the deposit.
Reply 74
ayee i had problems getting on to the page, just kept failing to load

downloaded motariolla firefox like it said on the front page and i finally got through

bit of a pain, did you manage to apply?

I actually had to download chrome to get it to work! Finally managed to get it to work, applied for castle irwell :biggrin:
Reply 75
I actually had to download chrome to get it to work! Finally managed to get it to work, applied for castle irwell :biggrin:

haha strange, i use chrome and it still wouldn't load, though my laptops pretty slow n getting on the older side

and aye same, i went 1st castle irwell 2nd horlock 3rd crostaine, applied on friday hopefully wont take that long to hear back

i didnt have my student roll no..... hope that isnt a problem I just left it blank...
Reply 76
haha strange, i use chrome and it still wouldn't load, though my laptops pretty slow n getting on the older side

and aye same, i went 1st castle irwell 2nd horlock 3rd crostaine, applied on friday hopefully wont take that long to hear back

i didnt have my student roll no..... hope that isnt a problem I just left it blank...

I applied in exactly the same order :cool:

Did they not send you that welcome email type of thing? Thats the only reason i had my roll number!
I applied in exactly the same order :cool:

Did they not send you that welcome email type of thing? Thats the only reason i had my roll number!

How long after you put Salford as one as your UCAS choices did you get an Email? I did my firm/insurance on friday and have received nothing from either.
Reply 78
Any advise would definitely help me.thanks in advance

Have you checked out the other private accommodations? I suggest that you should visit them first before booking it.
Reply 79
Original post by jackf1337
How long after you put Salford as one as your UCAS choices did you get an Email? I did my firm/insurance on friday and have received nothing from either.

I got the email after my actual offer. Probably something like a week or two afterwards. No one else get one? :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending