The Student Room Group

What I'd like to do to Anders Behring Breivik

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by MrFlash1994
He should receive the most severe punishment under Norwegian Law, end of!

His own holiday island with a quality of life higher than what most people here enjoy? Yes that is, "prison" in Norway, what a joke. He will likely serve 3 months for every life he ended.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MrBleh95
After watching the BBC2 documentary about the terrorist attack in Norway I've decided how I think Anders Behring Breivik should be punished.
Leave him on Utoya island to fend for himself for the rest of his life, he can eat grass to survive. However, in case he tries to escape, leave an electrified fence in the water surrounding the island at just the right voltage that he'd slowly fry to death and feel a good bit of pain before the end.
Thoughts? Too harsh or just punishment in this case?

I like this idea but the death by electric fence is way to fast. Maybe just spikes that shoot at him so he slowly bleeds out. Would be more fun and make cracking tv.
The title of this thread made me think you had sexual desire for Breivik.
He's a very interesting guy. Insane, even if not in psychiatric terms. Completely off his head barmy. But his mind still holds together enough to do such a thing, and believe it's the right thing to do! I suggest reading his manifesto, especially the diary part. It's so odd to read sentences side by side, the first being a description of trying to secure explosives, and the next being something like 'I played World of Warcraft, lol :-)' (not a direct quote, but near enough tbh).

So bizarre. I would love to have a conversation with this guy. His mind has just gone off in some insane direction, and if anyone could say why, we'd all be much the wiser.
Original post by Otkem
He's been declared mentally sane.

thats disputed, hence the trial
Reply 25
He shot up the labour party and not just ordinary folk right? Just wondering.
Original post by Bonged.
He shot up the labour party and not just ordinary folk right? Just wondering.

Erm...

He executed 69 people (including a large number of teenagers)... Those kids were ordinary folk.
Thing is, he actually did it because of his views he is not nuts he's actually smart but his paranoid about "an inevitable Muslim influence all over Europe" and obviously committed atrocious crimes against his own people. I should image the Norwegian government will make him think about his actions for the rest of his life.
Reply 28
Original post by xXxiKillxXx
Erm...

He executed 69 people (including a large number of teenagers)... Those kids were ordinary folk.

I swear they were activists for the labour party.
Reply 29
Original post by Casshern1456
Thing is, he actually did it because of his views he is not nuts he's actually smart but his paranoid about "an inevitable Muslim influence all over Europe" and obviously committed atrocious crimes against his own people. I should image the Norwegian government will make him think about his actions for the rest of his life.

Not really. Max sentence is 21 years.
Reply 30
I think he's mad. In his defence he seems to take no pleasure in the deaths although he has shown no remorse as such though. His 'motive' does appear to be wholly political.
He should be locked up and forced to listen to Nicki Minaj on loop...FOREVER

that'll teach him.
Reply 32
Original post by Otkem
He's been declared mentally sane.

He's probably manipulative to the core, he could be pretending to be sane, who knows?
He hated Muslims, right?

How about making him live in Riyadh or Tower Hamlets? He'll hate it more than anything.
Reply 34
Original post by KimKallstrom
He hated Muslims, right?

How about making him live in Riyadh or Tower Hamlets? He'll hate it more than anything.

I think where he came from in Oslo is tower hamlets now, effectively. So I guess they could just send him home. :s-smilie:
'A man did a really bad thing. Let's do something really bad to him'.

Idiot.
Original post by Bonged.
I think where he came from in Oslo is tower hamlets now, effectively. So I guess they could just send him home. :s-smilie:

Nah that's the other part. He came from the wealthier part.
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
'A man did a really bad thing. Let's do something really bad to him'.

Idiot.

Let's send him to a holiday camp. He can change.
I think it's pretty shocking that the maximum prison sent Norway is 21 years and after what happened, which was truly horrific it just doesn't seem justifiable.
Reply 39
Original post by MrBleh95
However in a cut and dried case like this I wouldn't want money spent to keep him alive either.

It'll cost less money to keep him in solitary confinement for the rest of his life, with the highest level of security, than it will to put him to death.. just like it does in America.

The Norwegians are peaceful people (which makes the attack all the more heartbreaking), and they don't want to see him dead.. only punished. I agree with them.

He's an evil man, I'm certainly not denying that, but surely it's better for him to have to live the rest of his life in prison. Hopefully, he may even feel remorse one day.

Quick Reply

Latest