The Student Room Group
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website

University of Ulster applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dbx125
Hey lol me too. I got my unconditional for English. Tell me, have you got a welcome pack yet from Coleraine or do we not get those until August?

Didnt know about the open day on Wednesday where did you find out about it?

Congratulations! Might see you next year then! :smile:. I have not yet received a welcome pack from Coleraine, just a letter from UCAS congratulating me on getting a place (having replied to my offers) and how to confirm my attendance with the University. I assume that we will get those in August because as of yet I have not received anything from Coleraine. I was invited to the open day just over a month ago. Originally I received an e-mail inviting me to an interview of sorts, but at that stage I didn't have a reply for any of my courses! After two weeks I received 3 Unconditional offers and 2 Conditional and e-mailed the University asking if it was OK to still attend the open day/interview even though I had received Unconditionals and they said yes...I received another e-mail the other day confirming that I had been given an appointment and what time I should arrive at. I must say I was very happy with the university and impressed by the fact that most of the English lecturers are published authors! The lecturers I met were very informative, friendly and approachable. Very excited about starting in September :smile:
Ulster University
Ulster University
Visit website
Reply 41
Have any of the vis comm applicants heard back yet? :/
Reply 42
Scratch that, got in! Woop. Bye bye lovely Glasgow. :frown:
Congratulations! I accepted my place and sent a confirmation e-mail but haven't heard anything since! Got an e-mail yesterday about how they're running behind with offers and thanking me for attending the interview, which is a bit late lol
Reply 44
Hey everyone, Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be attending Coleraine in the fall for my master's. Looking for a place to live so if you know of anything, let me know. I accepted my offer last week but haven't heard from Ulster except for the fact they received it. I should still probably get on top of my visa requirements and all. ha
Hey guts, anyone commuting from Northwest to UUJ?
Reply 46
Original post by ohirome
Scratch that, got in! Woop. Bye bye lovely Glasgow. :frown:

Heya, im for the Vis Com course in belfast this year aswell :smile: do you know where you will be staying??
Reply 47
Original post by Bella2012
Heya, im for the Vis Com course in belfast this year aswell :smile: do you know where you will be staying??

Hey, well done! :smile: Im moving into a house with some of my friends in August. Are you looking for somewhere?
Reply 48
Original post by ohirome
Hey, well done! :smile: Im moving into a house with some of my friends in August. Are you looking for somewhere?

Thanks :smile: well done to you too ... yea i've been advised that Jordanstown is too big a hassle and expensive for commuting all the time and i don't know whether to get a house and rent out the other rooms or try to find a room in someone else's house.

Im from the North Coast so i could drive down aswell but thats depending on the timetable :confused:

Do you know anything about the timetable etc??
Reply 49
Original post by Bella2012
Thanks :smile: well done to you too ... yea i've been advised that Jordanstown is too big a hassle and expensive for commuting all the time and i don't know whether to get a house and rent out the other rooms or try to find a room in someone else's house.

Im from the North Coast so i could drive down aswell but thats depending on the timetable :confused:

Do you know anything about the timetable etc??

I'd say just try and find a houseshare. Have a look on gumtree or post an ad in the UU section on here. Im v excited though I've been studying in Glasgow for the last 2 years so kinda dreading living back in Belfast again haha.
Reply 50
Original post by ohirome
I'd say just try and find a houseshare. Have a look on gumtree or post an ad in the UU section on here. Im v excited though I've been studying in Glasgow for the last 2 years so kinda dreading living back in Belfast again haha.

Yea will do thanks. Im sure you'll have a great time in belfast :biggrin:
Reply 51
Just Firmed Ulster for Journalism with Film Studies! Let's hope now I can achieve my predicted grades or even the BBC required to study here!
Is anyone going to study social psychology? Also is anyone staying in accommodation in coleraine? Im staying in coleraine, know no-body!
Just gonna introduce myself. This is by far the best website for prospective students I've used so far, so thanks guys. My name is Lisa Jane, and I've just confirmed my place at UUC 2012 for Media Studies and Productions...I'm WAY excited lol. I'm just looking to make some friends before term starts to be honest, I'm scared I won't make any because I'll be slightly older than everyone else (twenty-two). But yes, anyone else doing this course? :biggrin:
Original post by omgreptarrr
Just gonna introduce myself. This is by far the best website for prospective students I've used so far, so thanks guys. My name is Lisa Jane, and I've just confirmed my place at UUC 2012 for Media Studies and Productions...I'm WAY excited lol. I'm just looking to make some friends before term starts to be honest, I'm scared I won't make any because I'll be slightly older than everyone else (twenty-two). But yes, anyone else doing this course? :biggrin:

Hello Lisa Jane! Congrats on confirming! I'm not doing the course, but I am going there in September and I'll be slightly older too! I'll be 21 when term starts, so in the same position as you! Are you staying in halls?
Reply 55
Original post by omgreptarrr

Not doing your course either (English for me) but im going to Coleraine and ill be 20 which is older than everyone else as well :biggrin:

So maybe we'll see each other around
Reply 56
Hey! i got an unconditional for textiles and fashion starting september, super excited! Have already studied before, but chose to change career. Also to those people saying theyre nervous coz theyre slightly older, im 23, so you're not alone.. ! :biggrin: I know this isnt the thread but Im having a hard time finding out about accomodation in the city centre, could anyone point me in the right direction perhaps? :smile:
Reply 57
Anyone for Law at UUJ?
Reply 58
Original post by Julz
Hey! i got an unconditional for textiles and fashion starting september, super excited! Have already studied before, but chose to change career. Also to those people saying theyre nervous coz theyre slightly older, im 23, so you're not alone.. ! :biggrin: I know this isnt the thread but Im having a hard time finding out about accomodation in the city centre, could anyone point me in the right direction perhaps? :smile:

Gumtree is your best bet for shares and things! Also, I'm 26 and only just starting my degree...you're never too old for education. :smile:
Is anyone applying for halls? Submitted my application last week...Hope I don't regret it having lived the past 2 years on my own in a house!

Quick Reply

Latest