The Student Room Group

Not sure what to drop after As

I'm in year 12 and studying biology, chemistry, physics and further maths. the thing is, im not sure what to do about Alevel.
I know im going to take biology and chemistry but i cant make my mind up about physics and maths. I've nearly finished the core maths alevel and have the chance to get the further maths Alevel aswell. In some university prospectuses, they say they only accept further maths to As level.
I know i could get a better grade in maths than physics, but i really enjoy physics and it would be an amazing Alevel to have.
So im not sure whether to do just one or drop physics after As and not take further maths.
Any help???
Reply 1
Hmm tricky situation you have here my friend.
I know you should go with what you enjoy more and think you'll do better in, however the fact that the university dont recognise a2 level further maths is a problem, and for me, the deciding factor in your dillema.

Personally, I would go with physics considering the universities requirements for admission not accepting further maths to a2.

But hold out for some more opinions because some people on TSR will be able to help better than me.

Apologies for any silly spelling mistakes, etc. Im writing this on my phone :smile:
What do you want to study at university?
Reply 3
Original post by KittyKattyKaity
What do you want to study at university?

i want to do medicine which is why i need biology and chemistry
Reply 4
Original post by lsaul95
Hmm tricky situation you have here my friend.
I know you should go with what you enjoy more and think you'll do better in, however the fact that the university dont recognise a2 level further maths is a problem, and for me, the deciding factor in your dillema.

Personally, I would go with physics considering the universities requirements for admission not accepting further maths to a2.

But hold out for some more opinions because some people on TSR will be able to help better than me.

Apologies for any silly spelling mistakes, etc. Im writing this on my phone :smile:

Thank you :smile: my friend suggested taking physics untill half term and then deciding. I also have the option of doing neither as i will still have Biology Chemistry and Core maths as Alevels

Quick Reply

Latest