The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

The Official Sussex FIRMERS 2012 Entry Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by PriyaM16
I just accepted Sussex as firm, I have NO idea on what to apply for accommodation! I need to have en-suite. Does anyone know what place has the biggest rooms? Or what place is most sociable (out of the en-suite places)

So excitied!!! :biggrin:

Largest rooms with ensuite are probably Lewes phase 2 or Swanborough. I'd say that, out of the ensuite rooms, Northfield are the most sociable. I'd steer clear of Stanmer Court as it is apparently the least sociable.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 61
Original post by swbp
Largest rooms with ensuite are probably Lewes phase 2 or Swanborough. I'd say that, out of the ensuite rooms, Northfield are the most sociable. I'd steer clear of Stanmer Court as it is apparently the least sociable.

Thanks a lot! Really helped make my choice!
1.Northfield
2.Swanborough
3.Lewes 2
4.Brightelm

:smile:
Original post by itrader
Hey

My insurance is ABB for Economics BSC at UEA, I had an offer from kent, was pretty good on my visit day there. What Subjects do you do btw ?

Did you go on an Econ visit day for Sussex?

maths, physics and economics.

Yeah I went to the Sussex open day -was nice and the accomodation looked great but I got the impression I'd spend a good part of year one doing A2 Economics again (as it's not a requirement they teach everyone the basics their way).
Hi, i just firmed sussex for maths! i was wondering what the protocol is in regards to applying for accomodation, could anybody shed some light?? thanks :smile:
also, does anybody already at sussex know people doing maths, if so what are they like, do they have monstrous work loads or do they get to go out at all?
Reply 65
Original post by funksoulfreddy
Hi, i just firmed sussex for maths! i was wondering what the protocol is in regards to applying for accomodation, could anybody shed some light?? thanks :smile:

you should have got an email about it if not the link to do the application is
www.sussex.ac.uk/sussexunihousing
Reply 66
Original post by zeptobecki
i think lewes court rooms are a good size
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1HI4BMdPPs

i remember going to northfield and thinking wtf the rooms are smaller
swanborough rooms look massive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNQxqMVi8e4

Ah, thanks :smile: After a bit of research Brighthelm, Park Houses and Lewes Court seem to be the most generous.
Reply 67
All official now! Just Firmed Politics and Philosophy, can't wait :biggrin:

For accommodation I put...
Brighthelm, Park Houses, Lewes Court p1, Park Village, Lewes Court p2, Northfield, Swanborough, Stanmer, East Slope and Off-Campus.
Original post by thefunktopus69
I got the impression I'd spend a good part of year one doing A2 Economics again (as it's not a requirement they teach everyone the basics their way).

tbh, that's most of 1st year at most universities. The function is to bring everyone to the same level - because they've all done different courses. You might find that you're learning stuff that other people know just because of the exam board you did.

Just because you did one exam board of A2 economics doesn't mean that you'll have no work to do in 1st year :P
Reply 69
Firmed my place for Neuroscience yesterday :biggrin: excited!
Reply 70
Original post by Latem
All official now! Just Firmed Politics and Philosophy, can't wait :biggrin:

For accommodation I put...
Brighthelm, Park Houses, Lewes Court p1, Park Village, Lewes Court p2, Northfield, Swanborough, Stanmer, East Slope and Off-Campus.

Our first 3 accommodation choices are EXACTLY the same. Maybe i'll be seeing you around haha
Reply 71
Original post by swbp
Our first 3 accommodation choices are EXACTLY the same. Maybe i'll be seeing you around haha

Haha, great minds think alike and all that :cool: What course are you doing?
Reply 72
Original post by Latem
Haha, great minds think alike and all that :cool: What course are you doing?

Geography (BA) :smile:

Desperate to get Brighthelm accomodation, it looked perfect on the open day :smile:
Reply 73
Hey all,

I firmed sussex for English and Film Studies, applied for park village as my first choice and park houses for my second! Can anyone tell me more about these areas? Such as whether or not they're quite sociable? I heard that park village apartments generally don't have communal areas so I was wondering if that makes much of a difference?

Also for international students (or just students in general) what sort of phone plans would you recommend? I checked out vodafone's website and they seem to have quite a variety, but i'm planning on getting one without a handset because i've already got one :smile:

Cheers! :biggrin:
Reply 74
Original post by clarahhh
Hey all,

I firmed sussex for English and Film Studies, applied for park village as my first choice and park houses for my second! Can anyone tell me more about these areas? Such as whether or not they're quite sociable? I heard that park village apartments generally don't have communal areas so I was wondering if that makes much of a difference?

Also for international students (or just students in general) what sort of phone plans would you recommend? I checked out vodafone's website and they seem to have quite a variety, but i'm planning on getting one without a handset because i've already got one :smile:

Cheers! :biggrin:

I know NOTHING about the mobile phone signal, but in terms of accomodation you've chosen sociable areas. Behind east Slope, Park Village is apparently the most sociable, and as Park Houses consist of 12 people per flat i'm sure they're dead friendly too. Park Houses is my second choice too, so I may see you there! I think it would be really exciting to find out which Park House you were in (sad I know haha)
Reply 75
Original post by brightonlad89
I'm shortly about to graduate from Sussex and volunteer in the Students' Union Advice Centre. If anyone has any questions regarding the campus, accommodation, Uni life in general etc. then feel free to PM me. In my day I was a Park Village resident, for those who are thinking about Park Village as an accomodation choice but am also familiar with most of the others.

Hey,

I've firmed Sussex for Economics BSC, I really like the campus etc and importantly the Econ department and new academic building for Economics. However on the visit day I didn't get a look at the sports etc, So is the Sussex gym any good, in particular the weights area or any other facilities.

Or are there any other gyms very close to campus.

Finally I have some friends at and that will probably be going to Brighton uni, so just wondered if it's far from Sussex campus/ do you interact much with Brighton students.

I'm 99.9% sure I want to accept Sussexs offer... scared of actually doing it though aha :p:
Reply 77
Original post by InsaneFandom
I'm 99.9% sure I want to accept Sussexs offer... scared of actually doing it though aha :p:

Sussex will value you - Nottingham will treat you like a number :wink:
Reply 78
Original post by swbp
Geography (BA) :smile:

Desperate to get Brighthelm accomodation, it looked perfect on the open day :smile:

I haven't seen it first hand, I only really got to see Park Houses and Swanborough on the Open Day, but certainly from the pictures I've seen it's easily one of the nicer bits of accomodation. :smile:

The idea of not having trapse across campus to do my laundry is also a bit of a winner to me as well :tongue:
Went to the admissions day on Saturday having no expectations (was going to firm Southampton) but it ended up being the best one and I firmed it when I got home! Applied for Psychology BSc, and Park Village accommodation-wise (looked at East Slope which was even tattier than it was when my brother lived there 8 years ago!). :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending