The Student Room Group

Chemistry OCR AS F321 Atoms, Bonds and Groups May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by scorpio22
1-It increases the rate without being used up.It also lowers the activation energy therefore more molecules have energy equal or greater to activation energy. This lead to more frequent successful collisions.

2-Alcohol interacts with the hydrogen bonds in h20 molecules as the water break the hydrocarbon chain and forms a new compound as it acts as a solvent.
I don't actually think answer 2 is right lool.

actually it is correct because alchol can from hydrogen bond as it interacts with water molecules excellent scorpio u are on a roll!
I'm so far behind with unit 2 :confused:
Can someone ask me a unit 1 question, please? :smile:

Original post by PrincessMedic
I'm so far behind with unit 2 :confused:
Can someone ask me a unit 1 question, please? :smile:

Why has carbon have higher m.p than mg ?
Original post by otrivine

Why has carbon have higher m.p than mg ?

Giant covalent structure--> More energy needed to break the bonds----> higher melting point when compared to Mg? Is that right?

Also, does anyone find f322 easier than f321 or is it just me?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HeavyTeddy
Giant covalent structure--> More energy needed to break the bonds----> higher melting point when compared to Mg? Is that right?

very good correct :biggrin:
Oh gaaad this isn't really my place to chip,but I remember this paper was the death of me.

If any of you guys need any past papers for any of the OCR Chemistry A units, I'd recommend this site:
http://pastpapers.org/chemistry-as-papers

Good luck and all peeps! :smile:
Original post by cosmobear92
Oh gaaad this isn't really my place to chip,but I remember this paper was the death of me.

If any of you guys need any past papers for any of the OCR Chemistry A units, I'd recommend this site:
http://pastpapers.org/chemistry-as-papers

Good luck and all peeps! :smile:

I use that one too.

I go through all the past papers then i go onto the more recent ones as the questions have gotten harder however if you start with 2002 then it's a bit easier as it's repetitive
I use that one too.

I go through all the past papers then i go onto the more recent ones as the questions have gotten harder however if you start with 2002 then it's a bit easier as it's repetitive

I know what you mean, from about 2002-2008 the papers are pretty much the same obviously just a change in the wording, and I went through all of those and mark schemes and using that bloody OCR book. The last time I sat the paper I was just like whaaaa?! :eek:, there were definitely some freaky questions. I'd recommend reading those how science works bits in the OCR book, they seem to love those types of questions :rolleyes:
Original post by PrincessMedic
Aha thanks :biggrin: I really want an A in both too, but I know literally nothing for F322 :eek: Wow, that's a a lot of people with A's! We haven't sat the paper yet, but people didn't do too well in the mocks :redface: Ah, same with me for Biology...oh my gosh, the Cells, Exchange and Transport exam is in exactl a month! I don't like the plants section, just doesn't make sense! :confused: And we just started Bilogical molecules and the exam is in 5 weeks :eek:

HEY!!
sorry for the late reply...
Ihave been so busy and i get carried away and forget to reply:frown::frown:
hows ur revision going?
x
actually it is correct because alchol can from hydrogen bond as it interacts with water molecules excellent scorpio u are on a roll!

THANK YOU.
Sorry for late reply but i get so busy within the week and get under pressure to complete my work.

Wanna do some more questions around 8/9 tonight??

BTW i need to thankyou.
I had a chemistry mock on monday. and the mistake that you made for reacting propene with ethanol got me marks as it was the question that came up,i can remember trying to figure out why you was wrong even though your equation was balanced with right conditions.
plus stereo isomers came up too:smile: i was rejoicing lool including the Br2 and Ch4 electrophillic additon .
Original post by Man-Utd
f321 is easy when you start thinking about it ....its f322 thats gonna hurt

Totally agreed,
we have still not finished learning.plus i have resits in other lessons...this is gonna kill me:angry:
THANK YOU.
Sorry for late reply but i get so busy within the week and get under pressure to complete my work.

Wanna do some more questions around 8/9 tonight??

BTW i need to thankyou.
I had a chemistry mock on monday. and the mistake that you made for reacting propene with ethanol got me marks as it was the question that came up,i can remember trying to figure out why you was wrong even though your equation was balanced with right conditions.
plus stereo isomers came up too:smile: i was rejoicing lool including the Br2 and Ch4 electrophillic additon .

Woow well done! Nice to hear that :wink: yep sure I will speak to you at 8pm I got more A grade questions for you! Ansi hope u got some ready for me thanks
Woow well done! Nice to hear that :wink: yep sure I will speak to you at 8pm I got more A grade questions for you! Ansi hope u got some ready for me thanks

8 it is.:biggrin:
I have to revise for classification,maintaining biodiversity test mock for tommorow..(fml ) but i will be done by 8
Reply 113
Totally agreed,
we have still not finished learning.plus i have resits in other lessons...this is gonna kill me:angry:

WE CAN DO IT......TOGETHER :biggrin:
lets help each other with tips ans stuff......
listen, the trick with chemistry is the balancing it with other subjects issue....sometimes, i find myself not focusing much on other subjects because of it
Reply 114
Original post by HeavyTeddy

just you :cry2:
8 it is.:biggrin:
I have to revise for classification,maintaining biodiversity test mock for tommorow..(fml ) but i will be done by 8

Shall we start I am also doing bio f212 !
Original post by Man-Utd
just you :cry2:

loool.definitely just you:P
haha.
:doh: i need to constantly go over everything...*sighs*
Shall we start I am also doing bio f212 !

yh we can start....10 mins sorry..
yh we can start....10 mins sorry..

U. Start! :wink: but please answer u take very long to reply back!:rolleyes:
U. Start! :wink: but please answer u take very long to reply back!:rolleyes:

lool sorry.Im a slow coach lool.

Okay...
1)what is a radical
2)state conditions for the formation of cl2 radicals
3)state the bond fission in the formation of cl2 radicals

each are one mark