The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Excited? What hall are you going for?

Hi!

Just wanted to create a thread to chat to others coming to Stirling this year, just got back from applicants day and it totally reinforced my decision to come to Stirling.
Anyone else completely excited?
What halls are you applying for? (Personally I'm going for Murray or Geddes because they're cheaper, and not having an en-suite doesn't bother me.)

See you in September people! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah I was at the applicants day too, was pretty good, the campus is unreal.
Just hoping my A2 results are good too :tongue:
Think I'll be going for the accommodation w/the ensuite, forget its name.
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Original post by andy!
Yeah I was at the applicants day too, was pretty good, the campus is unreal.
Just hoping my A2 results are good too :tongue:
Think I'll be going for the accommodation w/the ensuite, forget its name.

I think thats andrew stewart(?) hall, "ASH" anyway.

I know what you mean, the campus is brilliant! My inner five year old can't help but be impressed that there were baby bunnies running about the residence green areas, I mean, come on! Baby bunnies....
Reply 3
Yeah that's it, cheers.
Haha yeah saw them too :biggrin:, what course have you applied for?
Reply 4
Law LLB, can't wait :3

What have you applied for?
Reply 5
Nice one!
Business computing :smile:
Yay, I'm not the only one who's uber excited! :smile:

I think I'll apply for Murray... it's incredibly cheap and I don' really mind its reputation. Also, I can spend more money on food and drinks which is always good x)

I'm doing psychology by the way.
Reply 7
Original post by destinyandchicken
Yay, I'm not the only one who's uber excited! :smile:

I think I'll apply for Murray... it's incredibly cheap and I don' really mind its reputation. Also, I can spend more money on food and drinks which is always good x)

I'm doing psychology by the way.

Nice!
Might see you in Murray :3
You moving far from home?
Original post by Raterbee
Nice!
Might see you in Murray :3
You moving far from home?

Yup, about 700 miles... I'm from Germany :wink:

Where are you from?
Reply 9
Yup, about 700 miles... I'm from Germany :wink:

Where are you from?

Originally I was born in London, but I've moved at least 9 times that I can remember, right now I only live about 45 minutes away from the University by car.

Won't you miss your family?
How did you hear about/ what made you choose Stirling?
(If you don't mind me asking.)
Won't you miss your family?

I don't think so... I've already been away from home for longer periods of time and I never got homesick or anything. I mean, I've been living with them for twenty years now, I'm sure I can manage to live without them for a couple of months. It's not like I'm never coming home again :wink:

How did you hear about/ what made you choose Stirling?
(If you don't mind me asking.)

Long story short, a friend of mine told me she was thinking about applying for uni in Scotland and as it's incredibly difficult to get into uni here in Germany (especially psychology) I thought I'd give it a go. Couple of days later I sent out my application and Stirling was the first unconditional offer I got. After one look at the campus and the uni I didn't even wait for the other universities to reply and firmed Stirling :smile:

Oh, almost forgot to mention that it has always been a dream of me to move to Scotland one day. Never thought it would happen so soon! :smile:
Reply 11

Long story short, a friend of mine told me she was thinking about applying for uni in Scotland and as it's incredibly difficult to get into uni here in Germany (especially psychology) I thought I'd give it a go. Couple of days later I sent out my application and Stirling was the first unconditional offer I got. After one look at the campus and the uni I didn't even wait for the other universities to reply and firmed Stirling :smile:

Oh, almost forgot to mention that it has always been a dream of me to move to Scotland one day. Never thought it would happen so soon! :smile:

I hope you like it here!
I know, the campus clinched it for me too, it was so picturesque, I fell in love with it straight away!
Reply 12
I have a conditional offer for pyschology at Stirling!
Been trying to research the halls, but really don't think I'm fussed as long as I get on ok with my flatmates!

I'm almost finished my access course there, and couldn't imagine going anywhere else now, the campus is just... beautiful!
Original post by alexybee
Been trying to research the halls, but really don't think I'm fussed as long as I get on ok with my flatmates!

I'm almost finished my access course there, and couldn't imagine going anywhere else now, the campus is just... beautiful!

Yeah, psychology! BA or Bsc?
When is it that you actually select which halls you want to stay in? Got an unconditional and firmed it, got the welcome pack but never heard any word about when we select halls?!
Reply 15
Original post by alexybee

It is gorgeous! Hope to see you in september.
Halls wise, from what I hear, Geddes is notorious for partying, Murray is just average. These are the cheaper halls. The other two (ASH and ?) are a bit dearer, and ASH has en suite for the rooms. Ash does have some rumours of snobbery, but probably unjustified.
Thank you! - I think Murray is the safest option. Is it around June that you pick?
What are you going to study?
anyone doing sports studies?
Reply 17
Original post by jonnoadam
Thank you! - I think Murray is the safest option. Is it around June that you pick?

No problem, I'm thinking geddes or murray myself.
I think that the uni will send out a welcome pack around june with application instructions for accomodation.
I'm going to study the LLB in Law, don't know anyone on sports studies as of yet, but you could try that ucas yougo thing, it had a list of people on your corse and you can message them if you like.
Reply 18
Think I'm going to go into geddes or murray, not too sure. Alexander court is also open to first years this year and its meant to be pretty nice.

Also geddes is known as the ghetto, those who survive have achieved!
Reply 19
Original post by jonnoadam

I'm doing Sport Studies, Professional Education and Physical Education (PE Teaching) so will probably have some of the same lectures and stuff!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending