The Student Room Group

University of ulster ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 400
Original post by shampoo1
I rang UCAS haha and there one more uni to confirm VIA UCAS my place although I know I already have it !!
Im a it gutted to reject the other unis cause I panic I'm making the wrong choice hahaha cause I was so certain on Magee but I think Liverpool is def the way forward :biggrin:

I just cant wait to be a nurse!! lol
Are you excited now :biggrin:?? xxx

Yeah i really cant wait till Sept now. So glad i got Magee, my son has special needs so i need 2 study close to home. Im sure ur making the right choice and that u'll love Liverpool, its a fantastic city if i had the option of traveling i would have applied there 2.

Congrats to every1 who got offers. Ill see u all in September :biggrin: xxxxx
So does anyone know if everyone got offered to be put on a reserve list? im just wondering how many people will be on the reserve! I was on one last yr but no luck! So dont really wanna get excited at the possibility of a maybe!:rolleyes:
Original post by catherinec18
So does anyone know if everyone got offered to be put on a reserve list? im just wondering how many people will be on the reserve! I was on one last yr but no luck! So dont really wanna get excited at the possibility of a maybe!:rolleyes:

im on the reserve list too, i'd like to think not! Surely they wouldnt allow all the unsuccessful' s to get on the reserve list! I think and hope they only sent it to those that were close in getting in! did you receive feedback btw?
Reply 403
do we apply for student finance??? im so confused!! i thought with nursing its just the bursary and not to apply for finance?? xx
In order to receive feedback from Interview do we ring the Nursing Office of Magee or what?
Original post by X_weebutton_X
In order to receive feedback from Interview do we ring the Nursing Office of Magee or what?

Ring the nursing office and ask to speak to someone in admissions regarding feed back!

I phoned this morning, not everyone gets on the waiting list which makes it a bit more hoprful for us! :tongue:
Ring the nursing office and ask to speak to someone in admissions regarding feed back!

I phoned this morning, not everyone gets on the waiting list which makes it a bit more hoprful for us! :tongue:

Thanks :smile: yea i phoned twice..1st time no answer 2nd time she put me through and they couldnt come to phone so i had to leave my name and phone number
Oh thats good :biggrin:
Thanks :smile: yea i phoned twice..1st time no answer 2nd time she put me through and they couldnt come to phone so i had to leave my name and phone number
Oh thats good :biggrin:

Also have u received your email back yet from the replying to the waiting list?
Also have u received your email back yet from the replying to the waiting list?

I just recieved an email to say she was out of office etc.. They just told me we have to sit tight till Aug! :rolleyes:
I just recieved an email to say she was out of office etc.. They just told me we have to sit tight till Aug! :rolleyes:

i never got one :/ hope they got mine!
i actually got this email?
Thank you for your e-mail.

The University is closed until Monday 16th April 2012 for Easter and I will respond to your email on my return.

If your email is in response to your nursing UCAS decision, I will confirm receipt of your email on my return on Monday 16th April 2012.

Thank you.

Kate Dooley
Executive Assistant
Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
University of Ulster
Magee Campus

is that the same one u got or did u get a new 1 today?
Reply 411
Any news about Social Work? Anyone called Admissions?
i actually got this email?
Thank you for your e-mail.

The University is closed until Monday 16th April 2012 for Easter and I will respond to your email on my return.

If your email is in response to your nursing UCAS decision, I will confirm receipt of your email on my return on Monday 16th April 2012.

Thank you.

Kate Dooley
Executive Assistant
Faculty of Life and Health Sciences
University of Ulster
Magee Campus

is that the same one u got or did u get a new 1 today?

yes thats the same one, they told me over the phone to sit tight till Aug.
xx
Original post by nicoleio
do we apply for student finance??? im so confused!! i thought with nursing its just the bursary and not to apply for finance?? xx

Hi nicoleio. No for nursing u dont apply for student finance just the bursury. The bursary dept will contact those in aug. The university contacts them. I rang the bursary in belfast today and he said do nothing until they contact us.
yes thats the same one, they told me over the phone to sit tight till Aug.
xx

oh thats good :smile:xx
Is anyone staying down at Magee? or does anyone know if they have accomodation for nurses saying well be on placemen and not there all the time?
Reply 416
Original post by Clarabell :-)
Is anyone staying down at Magee? or does anyone know if they have accomodation for nurses saying well be on placemen and not there all the time?

Hi Clarabell, I rang magee residential department and they said that if you stay on campus, they charge the same for student nurses as they do for all students and you have to pay in 3 instalments:mad:. I don't really understand why they don;t make provisions for us as we are in for six weeks and out for six weeks and so on throughout our course so we would be paying for a lot of time that we are not even there.

I have decided that I will probably try to get a deal with a Bed and breakfast and then when I am sent on placement, I will move wherever my placements are to be beside the placement and back to bed and breakfast near magee when i am back in college.

I don't know your situation and this might not suit you as i am a mature student at 36 so the privacy and quitet and efficiency of being near wherever I am will suit me for going home to my family quicker when I am off. Best of luck with the search.
Original post by nikkimcdonald
Hi nicoleio. No for nursing u dont apply for student finance just the bursury. The bursary dept will contact those in aug. The university contacts them. I rang the bursary in belfast today and he said do nothing until they contact us.

Hi there, Im a little confused with what I am entitled to and you seem like you may be able to help me lol. So, as it stands student nurses are only entitled to a bursary? I assume we do nothing on student finance NI for this as the bursary is paid to us by the NHS. But, I thought we could still apply for maintenance grants or loands (not sure which one, if not both?) through student finance NI? Would you have any idea about this?.....I suppose I can always ring up too though, I would need to get on the ball soon because if we are entitled to any of those things I mentioned, through student finance....applications have to be in by the end of May!!! Confuddled!!! :s-smilie:
Reply 418
hey ther! anyone with offer on here get that email about accomodation?? and that you are guaranteed if you apply before 7th july?? what is everyone else doing??? are you going to stay down there? and what kind of accomodation?

im not sure what to do... im a mature student (21) just finishing off access course and from belfast direction!
anyone else in same boat as to what ther doing?

xx
Reply 419
Original post by nicoleio
hey ther! anyone with offer on here get that email about accomodation?? and that you are guaranteed if you apply before 7th july?? what is everyone else doing??? are you going to stay down there? and what kind of accomodation?

im not sure what to do... im a mature student (21) just finishing off access course and from belfast direction!
anyone else in same boat as to what ther doing?

xx

Heya, I've got that email twice now lol I'm planning on staying down in Derry, as I think the travelling would be too much for me, especially in first year when we're in uni quite a lot. Can't wait to get started!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending