The Student Room Group

Pakistani civilian airplane crashes with 127 onboard‎

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17788698

Airliner crashes near Islamabad airport

A plane carrying up to 127 passengers has crashed near Islamabad international airport.

Aviation officials said the Bhoja Air plane, flight BHO-213, was flying from Karachi to Islamabad when it crashed in bad weather near Chaklala, Rawalpindi.

It was scheduled to leave Karachi at 17:00 local time (12:00 GMT) and due to arrive at 18:50 (13:50 GMT).

Emergency teams were reported to be on their way to the crash site, near Baria Town residential complex.

Reports suggest the plane was making its final approach to the airport when the crash happened.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What is it with people posting links from new websites on TSR? What are we supposed to discuss?
Reply 2
Original post by _username
What is it with people posting links from new websites on TSR? What are we supposed to discuss?

This is the News and Current Affairs forum. It's not ONLY for discussion/arguments.
Reply 3
Original post by .eXe
This is the News and Current Affairs forum. It's not ONLY for discussion/arguments.

So it's made for posting links to news articles? Most people probably read the articles anyway on BBC, DailyMail, ITV etc.
So it's made for posting links to news articles? Most people probably read the articles anyway on BBC, DailyMail, ITV etc.

Well for people who don't, it brings certain articles to their attention.
Reply 5

Yes, possibly but I'll admit this article is the first I heard about this story today. I'm not from the UK and the yahoo news website in Canada hasn't updated this yet. So it helped me out at least I guess.
So bad, apparently according to witnesses the bodies/body parts were sprayed throughout the air and landed in several houses < From Pakistani News Channel
Reply 7
many newspapers did not publish this story, so that i found out here that information ...
Reply 8
Oh God!
Reply 9
so the plane exploded prior to impact??
Reply 10
Man, so much misfortune hits Pakistan.

Inna Lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji'un.

(Translation: "Who, when a misfortune overtakes them, say: 'Surely we belong to God and to Him shall we return'").
Reply 11
Original post by .eXe
so the plane exploded prior to impact??

There's quite a bit of talk going on in the UK. I don't think it exploded prior to impact, no one has said it has as far as I am aware.

Plane was coming into land and some how crashed Is what the BBC news were talking about.

they have a video on it too!

Truly awful :frown: My thoughts and prays are with the families of the people on bored....No survivors apparently :frown: :frown:
Reply 12
Original post by Notethis
Some kind of joke? Maybe if they invested more money in aeronautical health and safety and less faith in God these people would be alive right now.
But no; que sera sera, allah ordained it, he was too busy picking his nose to pick them out of the sky.

Such a shame.

I'm astonished that many countries are willing to take such risks with their citizens. When you regularly hear of fatal air and rail accidents in places like India, Pakistan etc, and hardly ever in Western Europe and South-East Asia, it really does make you question their safety standards. Bearing in mind both India and Pakistan have nuclear weapons and India has a space programme...
Original post by Milos1989
many newspapers did not publish this story, so that i found out here that information ...

Likewise, I didn't see this on the Guardian front page despite having read it within the last hour.

Some kind of joke? Maybe if they invested more money in aeronautical health and safety and less faith in God these people would be alive right now.
But no; que sera sera, allah ordained it, he was too busy picking his nose to pick them out of the sky.

A very ignorant response, insulting to both the poster you're responding to and the people of Pakistan. Do you honestly believe that this disaster was caused by people trusting to prayer over proper engineering? Fortunately aeronautical engineers are considerably more intelligent than you're portraying yourself to be and this type of occurrence is mercifully rare.

While you may not share a person's religious beliefs, different people have different ways of dealing with tragedy and it is nothing but mean to insult them if they are not hurting anyone.
Reply 14
Original post by Vermin
do they maintain them properly?

They have to be maintained in order to fly. If they cant fly = no money.
Reply 15
Original post by cosmobear92
You're a heartless idiot.

Back to the original discussion, that's horrible, condolences with the families who lost loved ones.

whats there to discuss? a plane from a rogue airline crashed:rolleyes:
Original post by Vermin
whats there to discuss? a plane from a rogue airline crashed:rolleyes:

No, if you bothered to read the article it crashed in bad weather, during a thunderstorm. Thunderstorms can happen in any country.
Reply 17
Original post by Chumbaniya

While you may not share a person's religious beliefs, different people have different ways of dealing with tragedy and it is nothing but mean to insult them if they are not hurting anyone.

Do I believe that people trusting their safety to prayer with an attitude of "to Him we shall return" may be detrimental to their health insofar as it is a fatalistic outlook?
Yes.
Do I believe that people trusting their safety to prayer with an attitude of "to Him we shall return" may be detrimental to their health insofar as it is a fatalistic outlook?
Yes.

Are you even reading what he wrote? Nobody trusted anyone's safety to a prayer. Somebody who I assume has no involvement with the manufacture or maintenance of the plane involved expressed a prayer for those affected.

But I guess because it's Islamic then it most be totally unacceptable, right?

TSR: where bashing Islam is more important than allowing people to express their sympathy for a tragic accident.
Oh my God, what the hell is wrong with some people, turning a news report about such a tragic incident into Pakistan-bashing and Islam-bashing? Let the dead at least be buried before you start your petty fights.

Back on-topic, condolences and prayers for the families affected. May God help them find peace.

Quick Reply