The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

morning shift for me next saturday.... guess i'll be catching the game :smile:
Reply 9461
Original post by nosaer
I'd agree the santos at the beginning of the season was a great attacking threat, but I've just not been convinced by him in recent matches, possibly due to coming back from injury. I might have to watch the wigan game again, but he just refused to go wide from what I remember, instead opting to come in all the time. I like him too - he's got great technique and looks so comfortable on the ball - but I'm just not particularly convinced tbh and I reckon gibbs is in better form atm if not injured.

I thought he had a pretty bad game against wigan, but he certainly wasn't the only one. Definitely not going to write him off based on this season.
Original post by L-x
I thought he had a pretty bad game against wigan, but he certainly wasn't the only one. Definitely not going to write him off based on this season.

exactly, you could argue that RVP played worse than him.

I'm not going to lie but I'm a big fan of Santos and Le Coq.
Reply 9463
Drogba out for tomorrow.
Original post by jilebinator
Santos provides a much bigger attacking threat.

Gibbs has been saved by Gervinho and Benayoun a lot of times when he has been out of position. Both aren't the greatest defenders, but Santos imo adds more to the team.

Santos also has got the a lot of the fans on his side by his tweets. the pictures he posts are always funny!!

Santos is hilarious. He looks like a chef sometimes. I remember his tweet : 'Good Win Gays!!' had me ROFL
Original post by marcusmerehay
Coquelin may be fit enough to make the bench, in that case.

Diaby isn't injured, and both Le Coq and diaby are back in the squad.

Wenger's press conference:

TEAM NEWS: Koscielny is back from suspension, Diaby is back in the squad and Coquelin also returns

Wenger: 'It was a shock to lose on Monday... I feel it was under very special circumstances'

Wenger: 'Chelsea were very good at what they decided to do against Barcelona. They chose to defend'

Wenger: 'Chelsea used the weakness of Barcelona on the counter-attacks. They are 50:50 to go through'

Wenger: 'I expect Robin van Persie to be Player of the Year'

Wenger: 'We know what is at stake tomorrow. We want to transform our frustration into energy'

Wenger: 'We want more than third place but, from where we are at the moment, we would be happy with it'

Read the headlines here: http://www.arsenal.com/digest
No Drogba. That's a bonus.
Original post by Hantheman
No Drogba. That's a bonus.

Think Torres was always going to play since Drogba had played 2 games in 4 days?

But your right, think your defence will be able to cope better with Torres than Drogba's theatrics.
Although knowing our luck, Torres will score.
Reply 9469
Original post by Hantheman
Although knowing our luck, Torres will score.

Yes, goals or no goals, he's a tricky customer.
You know there is something wrong when the opponents celebrate the prospect of Torres starting against them.
I think it's time to bring this out again.

509526755.jpg
Hopefully we never play against Drogba again. :yy:
Reply 9473
I think it's time to bring this out again.

509526755.jpg

LOL
How glad/upset are you guys that we didn't get Gary Cahill?
Reply 9475

Neither upset or glad really.

Meh, we brought Mertesacker instead who I think is a better defender. Then again, with Cahill we probably wouldn't of had to deal with 2-3 months of him getting used to the league. :dontknow:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by zxh800
Neither upset or glad really.

Okay, I'll rephrase the question are you happy with Mertesacker or would you swap him with Gary Cahill?

Quite glad personally. He's good but is massively overrated (as are all English players). Because Koscielny and Vermaelan are similar to his play-style, I prefer Mertesacker. Plus the media have overly exaggerated any blunders or average performances. He needed a year to settle in and I feel the lanky German will come good next season.
Christ we've really blitzed through this thread - almost ready for the 12th incarnation of Arse Soc already. :colonhash:

Latest