The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Who else thinks it would be awesome if, in this best in the world feud, Kurt Angle comes back and challenges Punk at his claim for best wrestler...olympic gold medals round his chest and all. Oh it's true, it's damn true.
Reply 6221
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Who else thinks it would be awesome if, in this best in the world feud, Kurt Angle comes back and challenges Punk at his claim for best wrestler...olympic gold medals round his chest and all. Oh it's true, it's damn true.

I'd rather see Goldberg come back :tongue:.
Original post by f1mad
I'd rather see Goldberg come back :tongue:.

Goldberg vs Lesnar :yep:
Reply 6223
They should have Mark Henry come out saying how he's the Strongest Man in the World, then have all 9 competitors who placed higher than him in the Olympics come out and feud with him.
Reply 6224
Original post by Marc Fiorano
Goldberg vs Lesnar :yep:

That would be awesome :happy2:.
(edited 12 years ago)
So I just came back from Smackdown at the 02, was an awesome atmosphere for the time. We had the sexual chocolate chants at Henry, and the birth of a new chant:

"We love Bryan, Bryan Sucks!''

^^ except this time the kids said bryan sucks and the adults said we love bryan. Was hilarious! They also gave us a dark match (not televised or part of any storyline) where Bryan had a match against Seamus for the title... he took the mic at the start and said Seamus is a coward and he'l get his revenge.. the bell rang and Seamus kicked him again. Match ended in 6 seconds! haha Our view is shown in the attached pic, was pretty awesome and thoroughly reccommend people to view live when they have the chance
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by rickjames
So I just came back from Smackdown at the 02, was an awesome atmosphere for the time. We had the sexual chocolate chants at Henry, and the birth of a new chant:

"We love Bryan, Bryan Sucks!''

^^ except this time the kids said bryan sucks and the adults said we love bryan. Was hilarious! They also gave us a dark match (not televised or part of any storyline) where Bryan had a match against Seamus for the title... he took the mic at the start and said Seamus is a coward and he'l get his revenge.. the bell rang and Seamus kicked him again. Match ended in 6 seconds! haha Our view is shown in the attached pic, was pretty awesome and thoroughly reccommend people to view live when they have the chance

Glad you enjoyed it, I almost got tickets for SmackDown straight after Raw was over but thankfully I came to my senses knowing I couldn't really afford it!

The post-show dark match was a WWE title match (the second of the evening after CM Punk vs. Mark Henry opened the show), Punk this time defending against Chris Jericho. The whole match was quickly forgotten, however, after run-ins from Daniel Bryan, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, The Big Show, Alberto Del Rio and Randy Orton.

Oh, and after discussing the Dean Ambrose vs. Alex Riley opening dark match, there's a pretty good fan recording of it here:

Unfortunately it misses their entrances so you can't see hear Ambrose's promo, but you can still hear the heat he gets after the match, pretty impressive for a guy who hasn't even been on TV yet.

Scott129
You're right about this Ambrose guy. Seems like he's got great mic skills, much better than some of the current heel wrestlers. Was his match against Riley his debut?

Apart from his stint in FCW, I think he's had a few dark matches in the last couple of weeks and will be making his television debut imminently.
Reply 6227
Original post by Introvert2020

He has... The Kat's/Sable's theme? O_o
Reply 6228
It's sad every time I hear the massive main-eventer pop Too Cool and Rikishi got every night. Grand Master Sexay threw it all away and Triple H stopped Rikishi in his tracks by having him turn heel, just because he was getting more popular than him.
Reply 6229
Original post by nonotrly
It's probably about the same as 2006 but with new features. I think it was 2006 where they moved the series to a more cerebral game that required tactics and was more realistic. It's the only Smackdown game I've played so far where I managed to get the difficulty right so that it wasn't piss easy, but my opponent wouldn't reverse every single move.

Sorry, needed to use that...!!

SVR 2006 was my life and the only WWE game I ever really played. Got myself SVR 2011 recently and that's top too, the roster on 06 was brilliant though!
Reply 6230
While going to sleep I for some reason started thinking about how The Muppets v2.0 hosted Raw, and how disappointing Statler and Waldorf were (from what I saw). Then I started thinking up real S&W jokes. Even one while I was asleep. So here, let's pretend this is what they actually said:

-----------------

Statler: "Ted DiBiase? He still around?"

Waldorf: "No that's his son, Ted DiBiase Jr."

Statler: "I heard he did the high jump before he became a wrestler"

Waldorf: "Well he tried, but he couldn't get over!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

-----------------

Waldorf: "That John Cena, huh? Looking in great shape."

Statler: "Did you know he had a day job as a salesman for household items?"

Waldorf: "Really?"

Statler: "Yeah. You'd think he'd be able to take that experience into his matches and sell a clothesline every now and then!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

---------------------

Statler: "You know, CM Punk really loves Pepsi."

Waldorf: "Of course he does! He's straight-edge, so he doesn't have coke."

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

---------------------

Statler: "I've been watching Matt Hardy YouTube videos. He's such a badass."

Waldorf: "He is?"

Statler: "Well, he's bad... and he's certainly an ass!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!

-----------------

Statler: "You hear the one about the entertaining Big Show match?"

Waldorf: "No..."

Statler: "Neither have I!"

OHHHOHOHOHOHOHOHO!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 6231
Original post by Jim-Jam

Sorry, needed to use that...!!

SVR 2006 was my life and the only WWE game I ever really played. Got myself SVR 2011 recently and that's top too, the roster on 06 was brilliant though!

Reply 6232
He's so cool. Seriously the coolest guy ever.

"And you two Jabroni's don't even have enough class to introduce yourself...! What is your name?"
"D.."
"IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!"

Best is the Dudley's though...

"You should know by now, that we are the D..D..D.."
"It-it-it-it doesn't matter!" *Smack*
extreme rules was incredible. best overall ppv since mitb, holy ****.
Reply 6234
I'm reading the results of Lesnar/Cena, and this is what I'm reading as far as moves go:

Lesnar's moveset: Takedown, ground & pound, knee strike, german suplex, kimura, clothesline, F5, flying knee,

Cena's groundbreaking moveset: Elbow strike, shoulder block/top rope leg drop/Alcoholics Anonymous/Moves of Doom.

Match structure: Cena gets beat on all match then makes a quick comeback to beat the odds and win.

No change after over half a decade.
I'm reading the results of Lesnar/Cena, and this is what I'm reading as far as moves go:

Lesnar's moveset: Takedown, ground & pound, knee strike, german suplex, kimura, clothesline, F5, flying knee,

Cena's groundbreaking moveset: Elbow strike, shoulder block/top rope leg drop/Alcoholics Anonymous/Moves of Doom.

Match structure: Cena gets beat on all match then makes a quick comeback to beat the odds and win.

No change after over half a decade.

yeah but cena looked weak. he looked destroyed and out of it and lucked the victory using the chain as a weapon stunning bork laser for a couple of minutes and then aa'ing him into the steel steps. cena didn't go over.
Reply 6236
Original post by jayne.corr
yeah but cena looked weak. he looked destroyed and out of it and lucked the victory using the chain as a weapon stunning bork laser for a couple of minutes and then aa'ing him into the steel steps. cena didn't go over.

He looked weak beating Brock Lesnar? Have you only recently started watching WWE? Cena has been using this match structure for many, many years, and it was what he used as he was pushed straight to the top and kept there.

Even when a heel cheats to win, it puts him/her over. But in this case, Cena won pretty much clean. Worse, it kills Lesnar's momentum. Tonight they're going to have Lesnar as a diva (not Diva) and the show's called 'Raw starring Brock Lesnar', but he didn't even beat Cena. Hopefully that's the basis for an angle, rather than bad writing.

Anyway, I'd love to know what the other WWE vets really think about Cena. Do they watch his matches and think he's great, or do they think "I like the guy I really do, and he works real hard outside the ring, but even when they put him with Shawn Michaels for a while and had them go an hour on TV, he's still doing the exact same match, he didn't learn a thing. Should he still be up there having the gala matches?"
He looked weak beating Brock Lesnar? Have you only recently started watching WWE? Cena has been using this match structure for many, many years, and it was what he used as he was pushed straight to the top and kept there.

Even when a heel cheats to win, it puts him/her over. But in this case, Cena won pretty much clean. Worse, it kills Lesnar's momentum. Tonight they're going to have Lesnar as a diva (not Diva) and the show's called 'Raw starring Brock Lesnar', but he didn't even beat Cena. Hopefully that's the basis for an angle, rather than bad writing.

Anyway, I'd love to know what the other WWE vets really think about Cena. Do they watch his matches and think he's great, or do they think "I like the guy I really do, and he works real hard outside the ring, but even when they put him with Shawn Michaels for a while and had them go an hour on TV, he's still doing the exact same match, he didn't learn a thing. Should he still be up there having the gala matches?"

i've been watching since wrestlemania 27. he may have won clean but i don't think he does look strong. people aren't stupid. they saw the beating he got. they saw he won by a fluke. they saw his bloodied head. he didn't look like supercena. he looked like a chump who got lucky
x

I think it was definitely different this time, as pretty much everyone though Lesnar would win. Usually when SuperCena wins, everyone knows he will before the match.

Whether you like the result or not, it was an incredible match :smile:
Reply 6239
Original post by jayne.corr
people aren't stupid. they saw the beating he got. they saw he won by a fluke. they saw his bloodied head. he didn't look like supercena. he looked like a chump who got lucky

He's been doing that for about a decade, and he's been WWE's biggest (though forced) star for those years, being cheered by millions of kids and women. People aren't going to see it as literally as you see it, they see it as a typical John Cena win. Plus that's all that matters, he got the win, he bested his opponent. By the time we saw Rocky IV, we knew Rocky wasn't constantly getting his ass handed to him, that was just how he boxed.

Yes I just compared John Cena to Rocky Balboa.

Besides, people ARE stupid, and wrestling fans are meant to have short attention-spans. We cheer Kane even though he's a serial rapist.
(edited 11 years ago)

Latest