The Student Room Group

TSR Bollywood Society

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4100
Reply 4101
Original post by zubz91
oh yh ,, never watched the film but the songs ..FIT gee lol.

Mitwaa (great song)

Ajab si
Reply 4102
Original post by HumiT
Ajab si

Ishq hai ishq hai
Who do you think is the current reigning queen of item songs in Bollywood? :smile:
Choose one of the following actresses or tell me about any others whom you think deserve the title!

-Katrina Kaif (Chikni Chameli, Sheila Ki Jawani, Zara Zara Touch Me, Bodyguard)

-Malaika Arora Khan (Chaiyya Chaiyya, Munni Badnaam, Anarkali Disco Chali)

-Mallika Sherawat (Dil Lagi, Jalebi Bai, Mehbooba, Laila)

-Bipasha Basu (Beedi, Ho Gayi Tun, Bipasha, Lucky Boy, No Entry)

-Kareena Kapoor (Chhaliya, Yeh Mera Dil, Dil Mera Muft Ka)

-Aishwarya Rai (Kajra Re, Ishq Kamina, Crazy Kiya Re)

-Deepika Padukone (Dum Maaro Dum)
(edited 12 years ago)
You'd think that Saif Ali Khan would learn from his fiancee Kareena about how to pack more movies into his schedule! He's only done 2 films since 2009 (Aarakshan and Agent Vinod) while Kareena has squashed 6 into the space of 1 year! Bodyguard, Ra.One, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Agent Vinod, Talaash and Heroine. :biggrin:

On an unrelated note, what did you all think of Housefull 2? :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4105
Here's another question for all you Bollywood fanatics:

There are several new actresses making their debuts in Bollywood despite the fact that they don't speak Hindi fluently (or at all). However, why is it that some actresses are given the chance to learn and practise their Hindi before entering Bollywood, while others are not given the opportunity to speak with their own voices as they are immediately dubbed over in their films?

Actresses such as Jacqueline Fernandez, Giselle Monteiro, Sunny Leone, Nargis Fakhri and Hazel Keech are continually practising their Hindi before going in front of the cameras to speak with their own voices. Whereas other actresses such as Amy Jackson and Katrina Kaif (in her early films) simply had their lines replaced before getting the chance to prove that they know Hindi well enough, if not better than the actresses who use their own voices. So what is it about female stars that determines whether a film-maker will allow them to learn Hindi or just dub over their voice? :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by asif007
Here's another question for all you Bollywood fanatics:

There are several new actresses making their debuts in Bollywood despite the fact that they don't speak Hindi fluently (or at all). However, why is it that some actresses are given the chance to learn and practise their Hindi before entering Bollywood, while others don't have much of a chance to speak with their own voices as they are immediately dubbed over in their films?

Actresses such as Jacqueline Fernandez, Giselle Monteiro, Sunny Leone, Nargis Fakhri and Hazel Keech are continually practising their Hindi before going in front of the cameras to speak with their own voices. Whereas other actresses such as Amy Jackson and Katrina Kaif (in her early films) simply had their lines replaced before getting the chance to prove that they know Hindi well enough, if not better than the actresses who use their own voices. So what is it about female stars that determines whether a film-maker will allow them to learn Hindi or just dub over their voice? :s-smilie:

No one has heard of them.
Who watches Bollywood? :s-smilie:
Original post by asif007
You'd think that Saif Ali Khan would learn from his fiancee Kareena about how to pack more movies into his schedule! He's only done 2 films since 2009 (Aarakshan and Agent Vinod) while Kareena has squashed 6 into the space of 1 year! Bodyguard, Ra.One, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, Agent Vinod, Talaash and Heroine. :biggrin:

On an unrelated note, what did you all think of Housefull 2? :smile:

heard that film is sooo funny, do u knw where i can watch it online?
Original post by hasan4life
heard that film is sooo funny, do u knw where i can watch it online?

I don't really watch movies online while they're still in the cinema, I usually wait until they come out on DVD before I buy a copy or download one off the internet.

You could try typing something along the lines of "watch Housefull 2 online" into Google, or try YouTube. Either way, there will be plenty of websites available so you should find something fairly quickly. Bear in mind though that the picture and sound quality won't be very good while it's still in the cinemas...

Housefull 2 really is a fantastic film so definitely worth watching it at your earliest convenience! Great songs, solid story, great comic timing/jokes and some very fine lead actresses!

Hope that helps. Enjoy! :smile:
Can't wait for this one! After how much I loved Wanted (Salman Khan), this film will surely match up to all it's expectations! :biggrin:

[video="youtube;gCAcU3p9GNo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCAcU3p9GNo&ob=av3e[/video]
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by asif007
I don't really watch movies online while they're still in the cinema, I usually wait until they come out on DVD before I buy a copy or download one off the internet.

You could try typing something along the lines of "watch Housefull 2 online" into Google, or try YouTube. Either way, there will be plenty of websites available so you should find something fairly quickly. Bear in mind though that the picture and sound quality won't be very good while it's still in the cinemas...

Housefull 2 really is a fantastic film so definitely worth watching it at your earliest convenience! Great songs, solid story, great comic timing/jokes and some very fine lead actresses!

Hope that helps. Enjoy! :smile:

ahh, i was suposed to go watch it last week, but had work, so missed it, and nw everyone is saying how good it was, makes me wanna go watch it :angry: already tried, none came up :frown:
Original post by hasan4life
ahh, i was suposed to go watch it last week, but had work, so missed it, and nw everyone is saying how good it was, makes me wanna go watch it :angry: already tried, none came up :frown:

I've had a look myself and you're right - there are no websites offering a link to watch the movie online. That's quite odd - I was under the impression that there would be copies of Housefull 2 everywhere because it's so popular. I guess it must be because of SOPA cutting down on internet movies.

The only thing I can suggest is that you wait until Housefull 2 comes out on DVD in 2-3 months when there will be many genuine copies available. For now though, here are some other comedies you might be interested in:

-Housefull (the first installment)
-Heyy Babyy
-Partner
-Rascals
-Golmaal 1-3
-Chalo Dilli
-Dostana
-Ready
-Mujhse Shaadi Karogi
-Desi Boyz
-Salaam Namaste
-Hum Tum
-Welcome
-Singh Is Kinng
-I Hate Luv Storys
-Break Ke Baad
-Ek Main Aur Ek Tu

Not sure what else you can do - sorry I couldn't be of more help! :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Looking forward to catching this one very soon! :smile:

[video="youtube;Jme-VkIzkoU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jme-VkIzkoU[/video]
Original post by asif007
Who do you think is the current reigning queen of item songs in Bollywood? :smile:
Choose one of the following actresses or tell me about any others whom you think deserve the title!

-Katrina Kaif (Chikni Chameli, Sheila Ki Jawani, Zara Zara Touch Me, Bodyguard)

-Malaika Arora Khan (Chaiyya Chaiyya, Munni Badnaam, Anarkali Disco Chali)

-Mallika Sherawat (Dil Lagi, Jalebi Bai, Mehbooba, Laila)

-Bipasha Basu (Beedi, Ho Gayi Tun, Bipasha, Lucky Boy, No Entry)

-Kareena Kapoor (Chhaliya, Yeh Mera Dil, Dil Mera Muft Ka)

-Aishwarya Rai (Kajra Re, Ishq Kamina, Crazy Kiya Re)

-Deepika Padukone (Dum Maaro Dum)

Well, I'm against the current item song craze, but the original, real trend-setting number (Malaika Arora in Dabangg) has to be the best, just because it was the original item number.

Hopefully, after 'Ek Tha Tiger' releases, global action movies will start pouring out of India. SK is the trend-setter. By the way, the first teaser of Ek Tha Tiger will release with 'Ishaqzaade' next month.

I was disappointed with the 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer. It looks like another attempt to imitate 'Dabangg', going by the feel of the trailer. I wouldn't mind it if the trailer had more to it.

I'm looking forward to catching 'Tezz' next weekend.

Saw Sriram Raghavan's 'Johnny Gaddaar' for like the 7th time yesterday. It's definitely one of the finest Indian thrillers to ever be released.

Vidya Balan is definitely going to get all the awards again for 'Kahaani'. A must watch.
Original post by asif007
Looking forward to catching this one very soon! :smile:

[video="youtube;Jme-VkIzkoU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jme-VkIzkoU[/video]

going to watch this today :biggrin:
Original post by Most Competitive
Well, I'm against the current item song craze, but the original, real trend-setting number (Malaika Arora in Dabangg) has to be the best, just because it was the original item number.

Hopefully, after 'Ek Tha Tiger' releases, global action movies will start pouring out of India. SK is the trend-setter. By the way, the first teaser of Ek Tha Tiger will release with 'Ishaqzaade' next month.

I was disappointed with the 'Rowdy Rathore' trailer. It looks like another attempt to imitate 'Dabangg', going by the feel of the trailer. I wouldn't mind it if the trailer had more to it.

I'm looking forward to catching 'Tezz' next weekend.

Saw Sriram Raghavan's 'Johnny Gaddaar' for like the 7th time yesterday. It's definitely one of the finest Indian thrillers to ever be released.

Vidya Balan is definitely going to get all the awards again for 'Kahaani'. A must watch.

I agree, I think Malaika Arora Khan is one of the best item girls in Bollywood at the moment. She definitely set the bar very high with Chaiyya Chaiyya back in the early 90's, and then blew everyone away with Munni Badnaam. I think item songs are completely unique and are what make Bollywood movies so endearing - so I can't understand why you don't like them! I do think Katrina Kaif deserves a lot of credit for Chikni Chameli and Bodyguard too, they were also amazing! :biggrin:

I've read that Katrina will also be doing an item number in Dabangg 2. I'm looking forward to seeing that!

Bollywood is definitely on a high with action movies at the moment (and they keep getting better), although it would be great to see more in the near future. We've had hits like Dhoom 1 & 2, Agent Vinod, Wanted, Bodyguard, Dabangg, Don 1 & 2, etc. Salman Khan does seem to be leading the way with his pledge of releasing at least 1 action movie every year, but I also believe Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgan can easily compete with Salman. AK is the original Khiladi of Bollywood while Ajay has gained most of his success from action movies like Phool Aur Kaante, Singham, Khakee, Major Saab and now Tezz.

I beg to differ on your opinion of the Rowdy Rathore trailer - I reckon we just haven't seen enough of the action and romance in RR that would allow us to make a good comparison with Dabangg. I think it has taken a lot of inspiration from Dabangg, but it will be completely different in many ways. So far I think the one-liners in RR are pretty imaginative, especially "Jo mein bolta hoon, woh mein karta hoon. Jo mein nahin bolta hoon, woh mein definitely karta hoon" and "Don't angry me" :smile:

I'm looking forward to seeing Tezz and Ishaqzaade. They both look like great entertainers and very different from what's been done already in Bollywood. I actually haven't seen Kahaani yet (missed it at the cinema), although I'm looking to download a copy off the internet and see what I think. It's an unusual story but, if done well (which it clearly has been), can be successful.

I'm also looking forward to seeing Teri Meri Kahani, as I followed the filming quite closely while it was being made in the UK. I'm interested to see how Shahid and Priyanka work so well together on screen again after Kaminey. :smile:
Original post by singh224
going to watch this today :biggrin:

You lucky guy! How was it? I'm waiting until next weekend to catch it, I can't wait! :biggrin:
Original post by asif007
You lucky guy! How was it? I'm waiting until next weekend to catch it, I can't wait! :biggrin:

I loved it.. it was really good and funny :smile:

Must watch.
Hi everyone, how do you join this group?

Quick Reply

Latest