The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Great win at Rochdale. Another 5 away goals scored. Not bad for a 1 man team (thanks Madine, you really excelled with that comment!) really. :biggrin:
I have my ticket for MK Dons tomorrow along with around 6000 other Blades. Bring it on. I think it's a game too soon for anything to be decided (as Wednesday will beat Carlisle) but even so, there is always hope!

Come on you Blades!
Original post by ipswichblade
I have my ticket for MK Dons tomorrow along with around 6000 other Blades. Bring it on. I think it's a game too soon for anything to be decided (as Wednesday will beat Carlisle) but even so, there is always hope!

Come on you Blades!

I wish I could be there! We still need a few points to ensure a playoff place so it should be a good game. :yep:

Come on you Dons!
Original post by sr90
I notice Ched Evans has just been jailed for 5 years.

He's finally got his career back on track and thrown it all away. Silly boy. I assume the Blades will be tearing up his contract?

I bloody hope so. I hope he rots. Not going to comment any further on the matter now - not much to say although he is appealing but by the time this comes to anything, he won't be anything to do with us. Have to laugh at Wednesday fans calling for us to be docked points. Grow up - he had to play in the games he has scored in ... he was still employed by us due to innocent until proven guilty! Nothing else to say.

We are NOT a one man team and we need to move on, sack him and support the other lads towards promotion.
Original post by alex_hk90
I wish I could be there! We still need a few points to ensure a playoff place so it should be a good game. :yep:

Come on you Dons!

What is the record attendance at the stadium? Heard you have sold around 13k tickets and with our 6000 tickets sold, it's sure to be a large crowd!

Come on Blades! :biggrin:
What is the record attendance at the stadium? Heard you have sold around 13k tickets and with our 6000 tickets sold, it's sure to be a large crowd!

For a Dons game, less than 20,000 I think, maybe 17,000-something? I can't remember for sure. I believe the highest attendance for the stadium is still when we had an England U21 game there. :redface:
Original post by alex_hk90
For a Dons game, less than 20,000 I think, maybe 17,000-something? I can't remember for sure. I believe the highest attendance for the stadium is still when we had an England U21 game there. :redface:

Interesting, tar.
I bloody hope so. I hope he rots. Not going to comment any further on the matter now - not much to say although he is appealing but by the time this comes to anything, he won't be anything to do with us. Have to laugh at Wednesday fans calling for us to be docked points. Grow up - he had to play in the games he has scored in ... he was still employed by us due to innocent until proven guilty! Nothing else to say.

We are NOT a one man team and we need to move on, sack him and support the other lads towards promotion.

And I hope no-one takes him on when he is released from prison.
Original post by barnetlad
And I hope no-one takes him on when he is released from prison.

We both know that someone will, sadly! :mad:
Reply 6929
To be honest, i'm surprised he got 5 years. I've been interested in his case, as being a Wednesday fan and all, and I thought they would both get off. Maybe something was said that hasn't been published.. Who knows
Original post by cloop
To be honest, i'm surprised he got 5 years. I've been interested in his case, as being a Wednesday fan and all, and I thought they would both get off. Maybe something was said that hasn't been published.. Who knows

That is what I wondered.

The thing I'm most shocked about is that they found one man guilty and the other innocent. That quite frankly doesn't add up with the prosecution's case - which essentially was based upon the victim being too drunk to consent.

But still, decision made and we have to move on. 6000 fans at MK Dons supporting the lads to promotion.
Lol, Bilel Mohsni scored a 21-minute hat-trick for Southend United. And he's a centre-back!
Could be very interesting tomorrow in League one
MK Dons 1 Sheffield Utd 0. :biggrin: I heard the second half on the radio and it sounded like a hard-fought, moral-boosting win for us, especially as we were down to 10 men for the last 25 minutes or so. Hopefully we can carry this form into the playoffs.
Wow another twist in the League one Promotion race. Sheffield United looked rubbish today, Wednesday very nearly blew it against Carlisle but got a very late goal.
Coventry - :toofunny:

Enjoy League One chaps, you won't be coming back any time soon.
I bloody love football sometimes. Almost on this day two years ago we won 1-0 in front of just 702 fans away to Gateshead in the Conference, a year later we drew 2-2 with Aldershot Town to further our push for the League Two play-offs, and today we defeated Brentford 2-1 to get into the League One play-off places with two games to go.

I still feel blessed to be a Stevenage fan. Has any Football League team ever made it three consecutive promotions before?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Alofleicester
Coventry - :toofunny:

Enjoy League One chaps, you won't be coming back any time soon.

How is getting into the play offs going on?
Original post by Stringer987
How is getting into the play offs going on?

Didn't quite work, but was about as successful as your attempts to avoid returning to where you belong. Cheers for asking.
Original post by sr90
It might do them some good. They've been in mid table mediocrity for so long, at least relegation gives them a chance to clear out the deadwood and rebuild. Don't know what their financial/ownership situation is like these days but they could finally sort that out too.

Leicester fans are in no position to wum though :holmes:

I don't know, I think we're still due our chance to enjoy a bit of karma.

They should have gone down that season (although going down worked out great for us), but now they're down and, when they're pretty much ****ed financially, and won't top 7-8k in the majority of matches, I'd put money on it being a very long season for them. Could see them easily replicating Bradford's achievement of disappearing into absolutely nowhere.

Latest