The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Original post by Tucking Fypo

Just the amount of oil and salt, mainly. Plus.. who even eats stuff like butter chicken at home? Regularly, anyways? The restaurant menus don't really reflect what people actually eat at home imo, though I know there are some 'boutique' restaurants which do, such as veg-only etc.

:rofl2: yeah, I have. #6/10 #noseasoning

Do you eat chicken kormas at home though? We just eat bog standard same masala/paste different veg/meat tbh.. Don't think I've ever even had butter chicken, is it nice? No one makes things like madras/rogan josh and all those other ones at home. I asked my dad to teach me how to make a chicken balti though :getmecoat: that's about as adventurous as it gets, or cream chicken :coma:

I'm sure it wasn't bad :colonhash: I wanna try it! Shoulda put more salt in it yourself or something, it's still food :colonhash: where did you try it? :redface:
Reply 2101
just googled info about the pain in my left brow, and I've misdiagnosed myself with glaucoma.
Original post by failingatm
just googled info about the pain in my left brow, and I've misdiagnosed myself with glaucoma.

Glauconite,? I need to get back to my books, thanks for reminding me :nopity:
Reply 2103
Original post by In2deep
Glauconite,? I need to get back to my books, thanks for reminding me :nopity:

errr... glaucoma is like an eye disease or something.
Original post by mel0n
Do you eat chicken kormas at home though? We just eat bog standard same masala/paste different veg/meat tbh.. Don't think I've ever even had butter chicken, is it nice? No one makes things like madras/rogan josh and all those other ones at home. I asked my dad to teach me how to make a chicken balti though :getmecoat: that's about as adventurous as it gets, or cream chicken :coma:

I'm sure it wasn't bad :colonhash: I wanna try it! Shoulda put more salt in it yourself or something, it's still food :colonhash: where did you try it? :redface:

Nah, same as you, we just have a home-made masala. I wouldn't even know what it comes under.. rogan, madras, jalfrezi.. kmt. I've tried butter chicken before but I didn't like it at all.

I didn't want to be rude and ask for salt h3h3, tbh she didn't even provide cutlery until she was reminded. Nah, jk. :pierre: Long story man, it was last year when I went to a Leicester open day for post-grad.
errr... glaucoma is like an eye disease or something.

I know :colonhash: :colonhash: Just looks like a word that has been repeatedly staring at me :colonhash:
Reply 2106
Nah, same as you, we just have a home-made masala. I wouldn't even know what it comes under.. rogan, madras, jalfrezi.. kmt. I've tried butter chicken before but I didn't like it at all.

I didn't want to be rude and ask for salt h3h3, tbh she didn't even provide cutlery until she was reminded. Nah, jk. :pierre: Long story man, it was last year when I went to a Leicester open day for post-grad.

No idea man :colonhash: just plain old curry, can you cook it :colone:?

Should have ate with your hands :ninja: Did you complain to her about the cooking? I can imagine you doing so.. I bet it was nice anyway :colonhash:
Original post by mel0n
No idea man :colonhash: just plain old curry, can you cook it :colone:?

Should have ate with your hands :ninja: Did you complain to her about the cooking? I can imagine you doing so.. I bet it was nice anyway :colonhash:

Aye, I can cook...a really generic recipe. Allow using **** like star anise though, I ain't that advanced. :moon:

..what da hale, my hands? I ain't Ugandan. :angry:
Thinking of branching into veganism, just for the bants. :pierre:
Reply 2109
I think being a vegetarian would be quite easy for me, but would never be a vegan

love me whole fat milk too much :sogood:

Original post by In2deep
I know :colonhash: :colonhash: Just looks like a word that has been repeatedly staring at me :colonhash:

Man, what do you study? :colonhash:
Aye Em, veganism will defo get the banter flowing down yer local. Are you even a veggie still? Or am I thinking of someone else...?

Allow veganism, it's just...one step too far. And chicken is too nice to give up.
Reply 2111
Aye, I can cook...a really generic recipe. Allow using **** like star anise though, I ain't that advanced. :moon:

..what da hale, my hands? I ain't Ugandan. :angry:

What is star anise?

I eat rice with my hands :cry2: don't hate
Reply 2112
mel0n, you're such a freshie m8
Reply 2113
Veganism would be so difficult! Can vegans eat quorn? Somewhat OK substitute.
Reply 2114
mel0n, you're such a freshie m8

don't hate, man :colonhash: i love it
Reply 2115
Original post by mel0n
don't hate, man :colonhash: i love it

you love being a freshie? :colonhash:
Original post by mel0n
What is star anise?

I eat rice with my hands :cry2: don't hate

What the.. you're meant to be the expert here. :rofl2: How do you not know what star anise is? :angry: Yer mam probs has it stored in one of these.

I actually eat most things with me hands too but.. no way can I eat 'chicken with gravy' (kmt I dunno how to explain :angry:) without cutlery. Unless it's with rotli. But yeah, rice.. I never use a spoon or.....fork, as some people do. :indiff:
Yeah, might give soya milk a whirl though, apparently it's not too bad. :colonhash: Yepp meat free since Jan 01 baby. :smug:

There are so many more female vegetarians than male. I wonder if men have less self-control...or they just don't care as much. :colonhash:
Original post by Cigarette
Thanks....'faim'. :colonhash:

Kim, I don't care I just don't want my name on here, delete it.

Calm down dear! :pierre: I changed it, happy?

I think you'll appreciate the edit tbh :smug:
Reply 2119
bacon :coma:

Latest