The Student Room Group

Canadian Soc anyone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by doctork2
Hello, thought I would pop in and say hello to all Canadians here :biggrin:

I'll be studying Bachelor of Medicine at University of Southampton this September... anyone joining me there? :biggrin:

Not me, but I'm curious as to how you managed going to 5 interviews! I went to one, which was in itself a difficult endeavor. Did you fly over individually for each one?
Original post by punctuation
Not me, but I'm curious as to how you managed going to 5 interviews! I went to one, which was in itself a difficult endeavor. Did you fly over individually for each one?

I could only apply for 4 universities as that was the maximum # of medical schools I could apply to. I ended up going to 3 of them - 2 on my visit, and the 3rd interview was held in Canada (which was very convenient - 2000 dollars were saved that very day :biggrin:). I ended up getting an offer from my first choice, Southampton, before I went to my last intervew - so I declined the interview offer.

It's great you're heading to Bristol - it is a fantastic university from what I've heard from a friend of mine who goes there. Hope you have a great time as well :biggrin:

Which part of Canada are you from? I'm from the Greater Toronto Area (but let's just say I'm from Toronto for simplicity sake :tongue:)
Original post by doctork2
I could only apply for 4 universities as that was the maximum # of medical schools I could apply to. I ended up going to 3 of them - 2 on my visit, and the 3rd interview was held in Canada (which was very convenient - 2000 dollars were saved that very day :biggrin:). I ended up getting an offer from my first choice, Southampton, before I went to my last intervew - so I declined the interview offer.

It's great you're heading to Bristol - it is a fantastic university from what I've heard from a friend of mine who goes there. Hope you have a great time as well :biggrin:

Which part of Canada are you from? I'm from the Greater Toronto Area (but let's just say I'm from Toronto for simplicity sake :tongue:)

Ah, I see! Sorry, I meant 4 but I'm so used to thinking of "5 choices" that I forgot, haha. :smile: I'm from the GTA too. Where are you specifically?
Reply 443
Ah, I see! Sorry, I meant 4 but I'm so used to thinking of "5 choices" that I forgot, haha. :smile: I'm from the GTA too. Where are you specifically?

...his 'location' says 'Richmond Hill', so that's my guess. :rolleyes:
Original post by KirstyK
...his 'location' says 'Richmond Hill', so that's my guess. :rolleyes:

Haha, right! Sorry. :tongue:
Any Canadians heading to Cambridge for Fall admission?
Original post by interleukin
Any Canadians heading to Cambridge for Fall admission?

To my knowledge, Susan (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/member.php?u=561527) is going there this fall for French ab initio German.
Original post by Humber College Institute of Technology
Hi
This is great
I would loveto share info about Canada especally Toroto
And if you have any questions about education in Canada I am the right one to give you advice
Cheers

Hi,

I think this sub-forum here is where you'll find more people who are interested in studying in Canada.

This thread has more Canadians who are studying or will be studying in the UK. :smile:
Reply 448
Original post by Humber College Institute of Technology
Hi
This is great
I would loveto share info about Canada especally Toroto
And if you have any questions about education in Canada I am the right one to give you advice
Cheers

You may also wish to set up your own sub-forum as Freshfields did here.
Bump! How is everyone's uni/uni application experience going? :biggrin: I'm actually getting more excited each month about moving across the pond :wink:
Reply 450
Bump! How is everyone's uni/uni application experience going? :biggrin: I'm actually getting more excited each month about moving across the pond :wink:

stressful, haha gotta keep up the grades. Gotta go to law camp in the summer and apply to law firms hoping for an internship even though they don't hire high school students in canada. Studying for LNATs along with writing extended essays fun! Only good part is that i don't have exams in june lolol
Reply 451
Original post by Eddyward
stressful, haha gotta keep up the grades. Gotta go to law camp in the summer and apply to law firms hoping for an internship even though they don't hire high school students in canada. Studying for LNATs along with writing extended essays fun! Only good part is that i don't have exams in june lolol

law camp? what's that?
Reply 452
Original post by KirstyK
law camp? what's that?

UT holds law camps now for high school students, med as well.
Hello, Canadians! How are you?
Hello, Canadians! How are you?

Seen better days. Just realising how better candy from the UK actually is. I must of spent 5 minutes trying to pick the right candy at a store the other day since all the candy here tastes like nothing.
Original post by ifstatement
Seen better days. Just realising how better candy from the UK actually is. I must of spent 5 minutes trying to pick the right candy at a store the other day since all the candy here tastes like nothing.

Haribo... :drool: granted it's a German sweet but it's much more abundant in British stores than Canadian ones... however, I have found Haribo at Shoppers Drug Mart, and have subsequently bought and eaten three bags in two weeks... :s-smilie:

and is more expensive....everythings more expensive, even air travel, especially air travel...
Was at a Chinese restaurant today.

Overheard a girl on a different table saying she's going to the UK to study Law in October. Didn't hear which uni though but thought about how much effort she must of made with the UCAS and what not.
Reply 458
Was at a Chinese restaurant today.

Overheard a girl on a different table saying she's going to the UK to study Law in October. Didn't hear which uni though but thought about how much effort she must of made with the UCAS and what not.

i know a girl in van who got accepted for law lol
Hi! I'm from Scarborough/Toronto studying in Bristol 2012 for Law! Just wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Feel free to ask me questions about Toronto/Canada; have lived here 90% of my life, haha. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest