The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine MBChB A100 Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2980
Original post by myyrh
I'm not a student there yet! :colondollar: I've firmed Liverpool for 2012 entry :smile: I applied for the on campus accommodation because I didn't really want to be miles away either. The campus accommodations Prospect Point and Opal court are only 7-8mins walk from the medical school. The off campus sites are apparently around 15 mins on the bus but the bus comes around every 10 minutes so it shouldn't really matter that much,not sure about the price for travel though. Have you joined the fb group yet? there's load of info on there with people discussing accommodation choices, costs and distances :smile:

oops, might see you there then when I finally make up my mind :-) well ive been to look round all the on campus accommodation and I think I would pick those two aswell because they are also right next door to the hospital if we should be placed there :-) and no i havent, im sat at the computer now stressing about where I will be most happy haha ill end up picking it out of a hat, i like them all!!! im sure ill be happy wherever i choose :-)
Original post by .eXe
Thanks!

Hmm this thread is dead today, I guess no one is waiting for Liverpool anymore? :tongue:

BANNED? No way...
Reply 2982
Original post by Phil90974
Hi guys, just look for some advice. I will be applying for 2013 entry to Liverpool and would like a realistic estimation of my chances.

I study biology, chemistry, English Literature and also do general studies. I am going to take up AS history in year 13 because my school's option blocks wouldn't permit it this year. I'm working on a secure A in both bio and chem and will most probably come out with a B in English Lit at the end of AS.

I have done all the usual volunteering and experience. 6 A*s and 5 A'S at GCSE.

I am just worried about the 4th AS, even though Liverpool say general studies can be considered as the 4th.

Liverpool will accept general studies as the fourth AS as long as it's a grade B so don't worry too much. You stand a good chance with Liverpool with those GCSE grades :cool: Just remember that the personal statement is the biggest factor when it comes to interview selection. Try and include all the criteria mentioned in "other attributes" in this document. http://www.liv.ac.uk/media/livacuk/schoolofmedicine/A100ALJune2011.pdf Good luck :smile:
Reply 2983
Original post by Phil90974
That is great myyrh thank you very much. So you don't think it will make much difference then and I want be out-ranked by students that have a 'proper' 4th AS subject?

I highly doubt you would be out-ranked by other students. The fourth AS is merely a requirement that when passed is not really looked at again. It does not form part of the selection process. The subject is irrelevant as long as the grade is a B. Liverpool have stated that they accept General studies so you have absolutely no reason to worry. It would only really count against you for other universities which explicitly state that they do not count General studies as the fourth AS. In which case it shouldn't be a problem because you are taking an AS in History next year :smile:
Reply 2984
Original post by .eXe
sorry to hear but glad you have an offer already! all the best!

thank you!! yeah I just feel LUCKY to have one. you know how hard it is to get an offer when you're an international applicant :frown:

Original post by needle12345
oh sad to hear that when was your interview by the way.
well done for getting into cardiff anyway.

My interview was the 6th of feb.

I actually have to say that it was my first interview and I was pretty nervous like I have made many stupid mistakes:s-smilie: the silliest one is when I said abortion was illegal in the UK... the doctor was shocked :roll eyes: he repeated what I said and I have quickly changed my answer... and I had the same thing with the ethical questions... and in cardiff one I was relaxed and luckily no silly mistakes :biggrin:
Reply 2985
Original post by Obadetona
BANNED? No way...

Haha yes, calling someone a prick = 5 point infraction these days :tongue:
ive put general studies on my ucas form but now im not sitting it, its not part of my offer though, should i tell them?
Reply 2987
When is the deadline to firm offers?
Reply 2988
Original post by Ruby10
When is the deadline to firm offers?

It should say on your UCAS track. Mine was 9th of May so perhaps yours is the same :smile:
Reply 2989
Thank you. But aren't all the deadlines for fuming offers the same? Have you fined yours yet.
Reply 2990
Original post by Ruby10
Thank you. But aren't all the deadlines for fuming offers the same? Have you fined yours yet.

I would think so. If by fined you mean firmed then yeah :smile:
Reply 2991
Sorry. I meant firmed! What I need to know is are all the deadlines for firming offers for the medical universities the same date ie May6/9?
Reply 2992
Original post by Ruby10
Sorry. I meant firmed! What I need to know is are all the deadlines for firming offers for the medical universities the same date ie May6/9?

No they arent the same. Deadlines depend on when all 4 schools got back to you. Type ucas 2012 deadlines into google and you can find the link to our deadline to fi
Reply 2993
Hi. Do you mean you don't have to firm until you have all your replies back?
Reply 2994
Original post by Ruby10
Hi. Do you mean you don't have to firm until you have all your replies back?

That is correct
Reply 2995
Thank you.
Hey, this is a question for students currently at the medical school.

Are there books that the university suggests to study from for exams and also is preparing for exams much more difficult than how we would be preparing for our A levels right now?

Thanks!
If you have firmed Liverpool for A100 or A101 or already have an Unconditional for either, then there is only one website you need to know about:

Our Brand New LMSS website can be found at www.lmssonline.co.uk

You can also follow us on our new twitter account for regular updates about everything! https://twitter.com/lmssonline

See all you lovely people in September!!

Tom
LMSS Webmaster 2012-13
Reply 2998
Original post by .eXe
That is correct

:s-smilie:Why did you Jose Brighton over Liverpool? Can you list pros and cons of each from your perspective. Thank you
Reply 2999
Sorry. I meant choose

Quick Reply

Latest