The Student Room Group

Its a tad early, but what are you doing this Summer hols?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Going to Nepal for 31 days! Woop!
Original post by nataliekwong
Wow, I just googled it xD
Sounds pretty awesome!XD

Is that fact really so amazing for you?
Sometimes, it seems to me, that at TSR there are half of Russia. :biggrin:
Couple of months ago I PMed one girl and knew... that she was from the next district of my one, the district of Moscow Oblast.
Patiently wait for the Amazing Spiderman movie to be released. (3rd of July!:smile:)

Stay at home and catch up on tv series. (Pretty Little Liars, Suits...)

Relax till August where I'll go to maybe Saudi Arabia, and then Singapore for about 2 weeks :biggrin:
Reply 143

Where abouts is that? xD

Yeah, about 4-6 hours east of Moscow by train.
Reply 144
I'm going to be freaking out till August so I know if I can get into uni, if I do get my ABB then I'll be happy and eat food and watch stuff and sleep all day.. if I don't get ABB I will be sad and eat food and watch stuff and sleep all day ;~;
I guess it also depends on what the weather will be like, maybe go to a beach?
Original post by fodé
Baaaaaah... No Bucharest? Uncool! :biggrin:

Haha, my bad.. that's in Romania, right? What does Burcharest have to offer then?
Though one of the main reasons I'm planning not to go further East is cause I want to go from southern Croatia to Italy, so heading in the opposite direction really!

Original post by meow444
Ah well I only went to Slovenia and Croatia, but they were awesome (I went to a few Western European countries too but they were nowhere near as much fun/as cool/as cheap!). Ljubljana is such a great city. It's pretty small but I really liked it. If you have time, while you're in Slovenia try and go to Bled, it's a day trip from Ljubljana and it's beautiful.
Have fun :smile:

Ooh right, I've heard so many good things about Eastern Europe.. and the fact that it's cheap and fun just makes it even better! Glad you enjoyed! Ljubljana is actually the city I'm looking forward most to visiting, it looks like a stunning little place.. heard that not much english is spoken there though :/ And thanks for the recommendation, will definitely look up Bled :smile:
Original post by Bête
1. Play Guild Wars 2, Diablo III, Mass Effect 3, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Revelations, God of War HD, Street Fighter X Tekken, Super Mario Galaxy 1+2 (seriously), The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess (seriously) and The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword...
2. Read as many books & articles (yeah, I do read papers for fun - problem?) as I can. Too many to list.
3. Learn to cook properly.
4. Run/jog/walk daily.
5. Lift weights 3-4 times a week.
6. Watch all episodes of Gundam Wing, One Piece, Deathnote, Cowboy Bepop, Berserk, Trigun, Full Metal Alchemist...
7. Finish reading 300 (yeah I haven't read it before - problem?), Habibi, Batman: The Killing Joke, The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Punisher MAX.

I doubt I'll do half of them. 3 months is not enough but I will continue after the summer in a slower pace (due to uni)

Well I have something to do this summer:biggrin::biggrin: seriously though you made my holiday plan I need to finish all those games I bought and catch up on some anime, I have a stack of books to read and I have to finish off writing my draft of my story!!!!
Reply 147
Original post by sophiemay20
Haha, my bad.. that's in Romania, right? What does Burcharest have to offer then?

Ehe... I just did my job by promoting my homeland. :biggrin:
Aside from the historical centre with old buldings with tens of Irish pubs there and Casa Poporului (a humongous administrative buliding), nothing of interest.

What you should really visit if you ever come to Romania are Sibiu and Brasov, two medieval cities with great places to visit and lots to do.
Original post by taeace
I'm going to be freaking out till August so I know if I can get into uni, if I do get my ABB then I'll be happy and eat food and watch stuff and sleep all day.. if I don't get ABB I will be sad and eat food and watch stuff and sleep all day ;~;
I guess it also depends on what the weather will be like, maybe go to a beach?

What subjects do you have to get your ABB in?
xD
Good luckkkk!
Omg: you live near a beach?
Reply 149
So jealous of everyone in this thread. Me? Nothing... :tongue:
Reply 150
What subjects do you have to get your ABB in?
xD
Good luckkkk!
Omg: you live near a beach?

I have to get A in English Literature {which I am pretty confident about}, B in English Language {again pretty confident} and a B in Classical Civilisation {...which I am NOT confident about lmao. Because it's 100% exam and there's no coursework ;N; and I'm doing 3 exams this year for it orz.}
And nope I wish I did live near a beach ;N; but my sister's and I want to go to Bridlington (no idea how it's spelt but we used to go there as kids so we want to go and there are beaches there!)
Original post by taeace
I have to get A in English Literature {which I am pretty confident about}, B in English Language {again pretty confident} and a B in Classical Civilisation {...which I am NOT confident about lmao. Because it's 100% exam and there's no coursework ;N; and I'm doing 3 exams this year for it orz.}
And nope I wish I did live near a beach ;N; but my sister's and I want to go to Bridlington (no idea how it's spelt but we used to go there as kids so we want to go and there are beaches there!)

Wow! Those are kinda really difficult subjects! D:
CLassical civilisation-whats that about ?
Reply 152
Wow! Those are kinda really difficult subjects! D:
CLassical civilisation-whats that about ?

It's ancient Greece history! English is alright, since I'm done with it now.. but with Classics I'm redoing a module from last year, and you 2 modules a year.. so I'm doing 3 exams ;N;
Original post by taeace
It's ancient Greece history! English is alright, since I'm done with it now.. but with Classics I'm redoing a module from last year, and you 2 modules a year.. so I'm doing 3 exams ;N;

wow, you better get revising! xD
when do your exams start?

Original post by Foo.mp3
Staying put :frown: and recovering from LT illness :smile:
Haven't been on holiday (other than walking around the Lake District, and staying with my uncle down in overcast Cornwall [both times with-cold], for a few days) since 1999 :erm:

Whats LT illness? (Sorry if that sounds really dumb, but I have no clue what it is)><
LAKE DISTRICT: I want to go there...xD
Graduating (hopefully anyway!)
INTERRAILING!!!! (from Berlin down to Rome, and then possibly a flight to one of the Spanish islands)
Dossing about/learning French/tutoring students/learning to drive
Family holiday to Las Vegas and Arizona babyyyy!

Then I have to figure out what I'm doing all of next year until I (again, this is hopefully) get a PhD offer for 2013. So much exciting stuff happening! Now just to get these sodding exams out of the way...
Original post by TheRandomer
Graduating (hopefully anyway!)
INTERRAILING!!!! (from Berlin down to Rome, and then possibly a flight to one of the Spanish islands)
Dossing about/learning French/tutoring students/learning to drive
Family holiday to Las Vegas and Arizona babyyyy!

Then I have to figure out what I'm doing all of next year until I (again, this is hopefully) get a PhD offer for 2013. So much exciting stuff happening! Now just to get these sodding exams out of the way...

Where are you graduating from?

Original post by Foo.mp3
Long term (chronic)

If you like rambling/hiking and the weather's nice then it's lovely, especially if you have good company :h:

Foo xD
Sorry, anyway, um, I like walking :biggrin:
I like grass when walking :biggrin:
Reply 156
wow, you better get revising! xD
when do your exams start?

Whats LT illness? (Sorry if that sounds really dumb, but I have no clue what it is)><
LAKE DISTRICT: I want to go there...xD

They start 24th may and then 29th and then 31st ;A;
Where are you graduating from?

Durham :smile: I'm in the 4th year of a Physics Masters.VERY scary that I have my final exams starting in a week!!
Going to my grandparents' house in Portugal with a friend :biggrin:
Going on a History summer school thingy-majig.
NOT GOING TO THE OLYMPICS! With any luck I can get out of London for the whole thing.
I want to go to Italy with my friend, but unfortunately I don't see that happening :/ I might visit some family friends in Switzerland though.
Other than that, lazing around at home. Writing, reading, sorting out my personal statement.

Next year however, that's going to be interesting. My friends and I have a very loose plan to all visit Kenya. No idea where we're going to get the money from, but because one friend is from Kenya, another has family there and my dad's best friend lives there, my parents are surprisingly open to the idea. But it's a question of money, as it always is :frown:
Original post by TheRandomer
Durham :smile: I'm in the 4th year of a Physics Masters.VERY scary that I have my final exams starting in a week!!

Physics?! LOL Physics hates me.

Original post by cesca42
Going to my grandparents' house in Portugal with a friend :biggrin:
Going on a History summer school thingy-majig.
NOT GOING TO THE OLYMPICS! With any luck I can get out of London for the whole thing.
I want to go to Italy with my friend, but unfortunately I don't see that happening :/ I might visit some family friends in Switzerland though.
Other than that, lazing around at home. Writing, reading, sorting out my personal statement.

Next year however, that's going to be interesting. My friends and I have a very loose plan to all visit Kenya. No idea where we're going to get the money from, but because one friend is from Kenya, another has family there and my dad's best friend lives there, my parents are surprisingly open to the idea. But it's a question of money, as it always is :frown:

I'm going on a Med summer thingy :biggrin:
Which University are you doing the Summer thingy-majig with?

Portugals sunny!
That sounds LOADS of fun>< Totally jealous now!

Quick Reply

Latest