The Student Room Group

Irish Soc

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2620
Original post by medbh4805
I do enjoy being a dirty taig. :moon:

irish people, where are you? :puppyeyes:

Didn't you hear? There's a recession, no interwebz down south.
Reply 2621
:lep:

My fabulously original contribution ... :cool:
Original post by Hylean
Didn't you hear? There's a recession, no interwebz down south.

sure they can run it on....potatoes

scraping the bottom of the barrel tonight :facepalm2:
I'm not Irish but I wish I was! been living in Dublin for the past three years and I would stay in Ireland forever! the only thing I hate is the transport and its lack of punctuality... and sometimes the food :rolleyes: except for roast potatoe and turkey's stuffing :coma:
Resurrection anyone!?
I was born in Devon, but my family's from Waterford way. Am I allowed to join??? Haven't been over for a good few years now, but I am hoping to get there at some point, I loved what I can remember of the place. I've applied to the University of Ulster which would help if I get in :biggrin:
I completely forgot i was even a member on here! Just doing a general search on trying to find work (no longer a student :frown: ) and i stumbled across this!

I used to love posting in here! Been to Ireland a lot over the last few years. Watched the Rugby on Sunday. gutted is not the word! still cant quite believe that one. Of course weve d euro 2012 to look forward to in the football later on this year as well.

How things have changed since i last posted as well. Of course Michael D is now d president etc etc.

How are ye Jojo, its been years !
Bump!

Irish guy here. From CORRRRRRK, bai! :tongue: Currently teaching English in China but heading to Nottingham in September to do a Masters.

So.....conas atá sibh? Agus......stuff.
Original post by joelburr
I was born in Devon, but my family's from Waterford way. Am I allowed to join??? Haven't been over for a good few years now, but I am hoping to get there at some point, I loved what I can remember of the place. I've applied to the University of Ulster which would help if I get in :biggrin:

Which Campus have you applied for with University of Ulster? I'm from Northern Ireland and its harder to get into this year, we all had to apply to English Uni's.
Hey! :tongue: I'm a bit of an intruder here since I'm not Irish, but considering I've been to Ireland at least once a year since I was twelve, and I'm intending to move there in a year......I though It wouldn't be too bad of a choice if I joined this group :rolleyes:
Original post by GayIrishLad
Which Campus have you applied for with University of Ulster? I'm from Northern Ireland and its harder to get into this year, we all had to apply to English Uni's.

Someone from Derry?!? ON TSR?!? :eek3:

:tongue:
Reply 2631
Okay, this is HANDS DOWN the best group i have joined so far! I wish i was irish but im not so i can only admire the nation! :L heyyyy!
irish soc clearly needs a resurrection

need a conversation topic....ideas?
irish soc clearly needs a resurrection

need a conversation topic....ideas?

I agree :frown:

Btw I've just finished watching In the name of the father... really liked it, very good film!
Original post by Colpejafort
I agree :frown:

Btw I've just finished watching In the name of the father... really liked it, very good film!

I've never seen that one, mean to get round to watching it. I should probably watch more Irish history films though, considering that I have an Irish history exam in 4 weeks (and won't stop complaining about it :p: )
I've never seen that one, mean to get round to watching it. I should probably watch more Irish history films though, considering that I have an Irish history exam in 4 weeks (and won't stop complaining about it :p: )

Well I'd highly recommend it :smile: I'm really into irish history and even though i dont like cinema that much I've been watching a few Irish films lately but this is the one I liked the most so far!

It's still far away but good luck in your exam :biggrin: What period does the exam cover? :smile:
Well I'd highly recommend it :smile: I'm really into irish history and even though i dont like cinema that much I've been watching a few Irish films lately but this is the one I liked the most so far!

It's still far away but good luck in your exam :biggrin: What period does the exam cover? :smile:

Have you seen the Wind that Shakes the Barley? that and the Michael Collins films are the only ones I've really seen, besides the Bloody sunday films :ashamed2:

1900-25 :afraid:
eating my twirl bites like a sir. Is your name Bill clinton too?
Have you seen the Wind that Shakes the Barley? that and the Michael Collins films are the only ones I've really seen, besides the Bloody sunday films :ashamed2:

1900-25 :afraid:

Haha, yeah, that's the first 2 I watched :rolleyes: Well make sure you watch In the name of the father before your exam!
Original post by xHuStLeR23
eating my twirl bites like a sir. Is your name Bill clinton too?

:colonhash:

Haha, yeah, that's the first 2 I watched :rolleyes: Well make sure you watch In the name of the father before your exam!

I'll try! :colondollar:

Quick Reply