Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Williamson, Tuke & Butler vs Wedderburn and Runnymede

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I know there is already a thread for accommodation but it to dispersive. Having an unconditional offer I was wondering which of the self-catered accommodation is the best in term of room size, toilettes, and social life, internet connection etc etc.... and in general which one is best between the two of them?
    Does anyone know anything about it ?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't recommend runnymede in comparison to WTB and WB. In Williamson, Tuke, Butler, Wedderburn and Gower the rooms are exactly the same - double beds, massive bathrooms, huge kitchens. However, if you want a short walk, you're best off trying to get Williamson Tuke or Butler.

Internet connection is fine everywhere. It gets a bit slow in the evening.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wanderlust.xx)
    I wouldn't recommend runnymede in comparison to WTB and WB. In Williamson, Tuke, Butler, Wedderburn and Gower the rooms are exactly the same - double beds, massive bathrooms, huge kitchens. However, if you want a short walk, you're best off trying to get Williamson Tuke or Butler.

Internet connection is fine everywhere. It gets a bit slow in the evening.

thanks..
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I lived in Runnymede in first year - didn't find it very sociable, and have heard others say the same. It's a bit skanky too - especially compared to the newer halls. I live in Gowar now (third year) and love it - but would prefer Williamson etc., because, as mentioned above, it's a little bit more of a walk to Gowar (but I'm just being lazy )
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Williamson, Tuke & Butler, and Wedderburn & Gowar are pretty much the same except that the the first is closer to founders, the hub, the back gate, while the later is closer to the sports centre and the sports fields... then again it's only a 3-5 minute walk difference and the social life in both are great :P
    Other than that - I believe wanderlust covered pretty much everything.
    (except that internet is slow at time when most people are on - eg the evening :P)
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed rhul for next year and I was just wondering if anybody had any photos of WTB? As on all my visit days I haven't been able to look at them - only a friends' disabled room which is obviously going to be much bigger than standard!
    I was also wondering about the bathrooms: are they wet-rooms like GW or do they have actual shower thingies like in Reid etc?
    If anyone could help that'd be great thanks
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerysb)
    I've firmed rhul for next year and I was just wondering if anybody had any photos of WTB? As on all my visit days I haven't been able to look at them - only a friends' disabled room which is obviously going to be much bigger than standard!
    I was also wondering about the bathrooms: are they wet-rooms like GW or do they have actual shower thingies like in Reid etc?
    I can confirm that the bathrooms (and indeed the rooms) are identical to Gowar and Wedderburn
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cerysb)
    There are some photos of WTB on the first page of this thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1198526

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: April 25, 2012
New on TSR

So how did you do?

Come into the GCSE forum to share your grades

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.