The Student Room Group
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website

Can any current students recommend me a hall?

Hey, obviously i have looked myself but there are so many on the list i cant compare them all at once.

I am willing to pay 90-95 for a room with an en suite, not too worried if its smallish but would defo like my own bathroom.

Not too worried about the location as its full of other people anyway so noise is insignificant really! but 15 mins walking time to the uni/town would be ok.

can any current/previous students recommend me a hall please?

thanks
Reply 1
You won't find an en-suite halls of residence for less than £99, I'm not a student at the moment but all you need to do is look at the website to discover that.

- Elidir, Y Glyder and Y Borth (designated quiet hall for 2012-2013) are all on the Fridd site, en-suite for £99.
- Many of the others (Adda, Alaw, Braint, Crafnant, Enlli, Ffraw, Glaslyn, Gwynant, Idwal, Llanddwyn and Peris) are en-suite, on Ffridd but over £100 a week.
- Reichel is on Ffridd, shared bathroom facilities between 4, standard rooms are £78 a week, larger/smaller rooms available.
- Seiriol and Arfon are on normal site so further from the main university campus and the town centre, shared bathooms, £71 a week.
- Bryn Eithin and Cefn Y Coed are postgraduate halls.
- John Morris Jones is ensuite, £99 a week but it's for Welsh speakers and students.
Bangor University
Bangor University
Visit website
Reply 2
Looking at the overview page, it seems the difference in the prices is determined by having an en-suite or not and having heating for a longer or shorter time
go for the older ones on ffridd site - elidir, y glyder etc...

the newer ones - peris, idwal etc arent worth the extra money

i was in elidir... loved it
Reply 4
I applied for Peris but in retrospect really wish I applied for the older halls now as they were generally more fun and a little bit bigger :smile:
Reply 5
Thanks guys, some good advice. I shall consider the older ones first and look into them more
<>
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by threedumb
Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel.

You'll get over wanting an en-suite pretty soon when you realise how much money you're saving (especially if you go for a smaller room in Reichel). People assume because it's shared that people are always inside. It's usually the complete opposite, and it's rare coming into contact with anyone during a shower.

Not to mention, you get a sink and mirror anyway for any morning habits, and the rooms are at least twice as big as the other, newer halls (Like Ffraw, Peris, Enlli, etc.)

Hey are you staying in Reichel at the moment??? Don't suppose you could post any pictures?? :smile: also, I've heard rumours that people steal food? :frown:
Original post by threedumb
Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel, Reichel.

You'll get over wanting an en-suite pretty soon when you realise how much money you're saving (especially if you go for a smaller room in Reichel). People assume because it's shared that people are always inside. It's usually the complete opposite, and it's rare coming into contact with anyone during a shower.

Not to mention, you get a sink and mirror anyway for any morning habits, and the rooms are at least twice as big as the other, newer halls (Like Ffraw, Peris, Enlli, etc.)

This! reichel has been reopened this year, and if I could have stayed in it in first year I would. The en suite is generally not that big a deal, if anything more effort to keep clean etc.

With regards to the question about stealing food, this can kinda happen in every hall, just depends on who you share with. Would not say I had heard Reichel had a reputation for it this year.
<>
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest