The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
the main point i wanted to make here is she's hiding this guy from me. i dont care if she has a boyfriend and has sex whatever thats life, i'd just prefer that she respected that i also live in the house and dont want to hear her having sex so she could have waited until i was gone. it wasnt even at night it was in the morning when i was up and about wandering in the house
Reply 21
Maybe I'm strange, but I understand why you're angry. If she is doing nothing to pay the house off, then she needs to contribute if she's going to **** new guys without the common courtesy to at least introduce you two first. Sounds like she needs to grow the **** up and take some responsibility.
I can't believe the attitudes of people in this thread, as if the notion that your parents have sex is alien and disgusting...
sorry..... :dontknow:
Reply 24
I think i just bust a lung
It's pretty understandable that you're a little freaked out by it, and you frustrated about the fact she had a guy over effectively behind your back, but you have to ask yourself.... would you really expect her to be open about it? She's not going to ask you to leave the house, or say to you "I'm getting with this guy tonight, you don't mind do you?" And as for the fact your Dad pays the mortgage... yes, it's his house, but as long as he doesn't mind her living there, what's it to him what she gets up to as long as she's not causing damage or doing anything illegal? You can't really let someone live in your house under the condition that they're not allowed to have sex.
Reply 26
You should have asked her if you can join in.
Reply 27
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I can't believe the attitudes of people in this thread, as if the notion that your parents have sex is alien and disgusting...

It's not the idea of parents having sex - it's the whole concept of her mum bringing a guy over secretly, having audible sex with TC nearby and probably being aware that TC would most likely be hurt and disturbed by it--both because it's with someone who isn't TC's real dad and because it's still disgusting to hear other people having sex even if they're not your parents--so it isn't just because of the thought of parents having sex is disgusting. It's just utterly disrespectful, emphasised by the fact that it isn't even her house.
Reply 28
Original post by Guitarded
It's pretty understandable that you're a little freaked out by it, and you frustrated about the fact she had a guy over effectively behind your back, but you have to ask yourself.... would you really expect her to be open about it? She's not going to ask you to leave the house, or say to you "I'm getting with this guy tonight, you don't mind do you?" And as for the fact your Dad pays the mortgage... yes, it's his house, but as long as he doesn't mind her living there, what's it to him what she gets up to as long as she's not causing damage or doing anything illegal? You can't really let someone live in your house under the condition that they're not allowed to have sex.

i see your point but im not allowed to have sex in the house according to her lol yeah whatever shes my mother but its not her house. the thing that annoyed me most is i had NO idea there was a man in the house until i heard the grunting and she'd seen me in the kitchen before i heard them - i was wandering around in my underwear!!!!!! im sorry but the way she approached the situation is what made it worse. if i had known there was a man in the house, more specifically in her bedroom i would have made myself scarce - im not that naive, but i had no idea until i hear them at it. do i not have a right to be slightly annoyed at her for not even mentioning it to me?
Reply 29
Original post by Joe909
Maybe I'm strange, but I understand why you're angry. If she is doing nothing to pay the house off, then she needs to contribute if she's going to **** new guys without the common courtesy to at least introduce you two first. Sounds like she needs to grow the **** up and take some responsibility.

What makes you think that she does not contribute?
She might pay the bills? TV license? council tax? shopping? clothes? etc
Reply 30
Original post by Sadian
It's not the idea of parents having sex - it's the whole concept of her mum bringing a guy over secretly, having audible sex with TC nearby and probably being aware that TC would most likely be hurt and disturbed by it--both because it's with someone who isn't TC's real dad and because it's still disgusting to hear other people having sex even if they're not your parents--so it isn't just because of the thought of parents having sex is disgusting. It's just utterly disrespectful, emphasised by the fact that it isn't even her house.

honestly you have said everything i wanted to say so well. thank you
First world problems.
Reply 32
Original post by tufc
That's utterly ridiculous. My Granddad had a builder mate of his over to pick up a tool the other day. I was fine with that. Would that mean I wouldn't have a problem with watching my Granddad having sex?

It's not about whether you'd like to see it or not. I'm talking about the emotional response to someone coming over for a tool and to have sex. Sex isn't mystical. If popping over for a tool takes 30 minutes (conversations and formalities) then being around to have sex for 30 mins is exactly the same.
Reply 33
Original post by quavers
What makes you think that she does not contribute?
She might pay the bills? TV license? council tax? shopping? clothes? etc

my dad also pays my maintenance
I'm really confused by your comments about your dad paying the mortgage. For as long as I've been an adult, I've never considered it important to get permission of the property owner/bill-payer before having sex in a house that I am residing in.

If you're visiting someone and sneak in an extra guest, that might be questionable. But when you're living somewhere it seems only reasonable that you shouldn't have to ask permission before doing everyday things like having sex.
Can't understand why people are so chilled about this. Nobody wants to hear their parents having sex, thankfully my mother has enough respect for me not to do this **** when I'm around. Talk to her about it.
Reply 36
Original post by Anonymous
my dad also pays my maintenance

If you don't like it, you can get your own place. :smile:
GET REVENGE. Post pics of your mum on here... :colone:
Original post by philistine
First world problems.

Personally I don't consider social issues to count as 'first world problems', since they can happen to people of any level of well-being. A millionaire living in a mansion can justify being miserable if it's because of family problems or whatever. A first world problem is complaining because the dishwashers broken.

On topic: Since it's not her house, surely she can't tell YOU what to do? So if you want to get with someone and she complains then remind her of the fact she did it without your knowing. As for the fact she didn't tell you at all there was someone in the house... yeah, that's pretty low. For that reason it's fair enough that you'd be a bit angry at her. Just tell her to actually let you know next time before she has people over.
Reply 39
Original post by Chumbaniya
I'm really confused by your comments about your dad paying the mortgage. For as long as I've been an adult, I've never considered it important to get permission of the property owner/bill-payer before having sex in a house that I am residing in.

If you're visiting someone and sneak in an extra guest, that might be questionable. But when you're living somewhere it seems only reasonable that you shouldn't have to ask permission before doing everyday things like having sex.

thats not the point im making - she can have sex in the house, i dont care, but its also as much my house as it is hers and therefore do i not deserve the respect of not having to hear her at it?? she can have sex when im asleep or not in the house i dont care, but i wouldnt put her through having to hear me moaning and groaning at 9am in the morning because i know it would make her uncomfortable and i respect that i live alongside her

Latest

Trending

Trending