The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Anyone 'firmed' surrey uni for september 2012 start??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by serendipity1985
Hey BethBeth!

I'm ridiculously excited about going to Surrey!

I'm doing an Access and need my 60 distinctions which I think I'll be fine with but I'm doing my English GCSE and they want a B grade! Which I thought was a bit higher than they usually ask for!

Do you know of any people that were offered with a B but only achieved a C? (and still got accepted?!)

Yeah as freebee says if you got the 60 distinctions and then only a C at GCSE English and they didn't let you in then that would be really harsh! Most places want a C grade at least, so don't worry too much about that, I'm sure you'll meet that offer. I haven't heard stories like that, but most of the people that I've talked to on the course did A levels and if they just missed their offer they still got in - some did have to ring the uni and get them to reconsider though :colondollar:
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 41
Hi,

Could anyone who's firmed Surrey for dietetics tell me why they chose it over other unis? I'm trying to decide between Surrey and Nottingham but I really like them both and I'm struggling to make a decision!

Cheers
Original post by freebee
Hey Beth

Thanks for the reply!

I can't wait - though I'm just trying to motor on with acheiving the eye-watering 60 credits at distinction I need to get on my access course before I start getting too excited.

Can I ask you what the mix is on your course? at 32 I'm thinking I might be way the oldest on the course! I heard there aren't so many mature students at Surrey.

I'm so glad you recommend the course! The content looks really good, I'm glad there's no kitchens (been cooking since I was a kid don't need to learn it!) and I just fell in love with the campus surroundings.

You won't be the oldest if I manage my 60 distinction credit access offer - I'm 38 :smile:
Reply 43
Firmed for ODP starting september :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by becky964
Firmed for ODP starting september :smile:

Same here, see you there =) can't wait to get started already.

Have you sorted the finance yet? It confuses me a bit.
Reply 45
Hey =)
Will be nice to know someone on the course!
I have applied for student finance, i get a maintenance loan and the NHS bursary, just waiting to get the forms for that before i can apply, what about you? =)
firmed Surrey too, when do you get more info on accommodation
Reply 47
Firmed Surrey for Dietetics! woop!
Reply 48
Original post by LEL12
Hi,

Could anyone who's firmed Surrey for dietetics tell me why they chose it over other unis? I'm trying to decide between Surrey and Nottingham but I really like them both and I'm struggling to make a decision!

Cheers

I had to choose between those two :smile: for me when I went back to Surrey and into Guildford I realised I wanted to go their :smile: I am doing Dietetics too!
Reply 49
Original post by alittlehelp
firmed Surrey too, when do you get more info on accommodation

The University's website has all the details in the student accommodation section. You should also get some emails when you are able to apply for accommodation.
Reply 50
Hey =)
Will be nice to know someone on the course!
I have applied for student finance, i get a maintenance loan and the NHS bursary, just waiting to get the forms for that before i can apply, what about you? =)

Hey =D yeh definitely makes a bit easier going into the first day for one thing! Where bouts you coming from? Still trying to get my head round this finance rubbish, think a phone call is in order tomorrow!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by Ant_FoI
Hey =D yeh definitely makes a bit easier going into the first day for one thing! Where bouts you coming from? Still trying to get my head round this finance rubbish, think a phone call is in order tomorrow!

Hey,
I'm coming from Somerset :smile: what about you? Are you going to be livin in halls?
Reply 52
Hey,
I'm coming from Somerset :smile: what about you? Are you going to be livin in halls?

Woo someone else from the south west - I'm coming from north Devon :smile:
Reply 53
Coming from Portsmouth :smile: Yeh going for halls, hopefully I get ridiculously lucky and get Bellerby Court with some parking.....I'm not too optimistic on that one ha.
Reply 54
Original post by Ant_FoI
Coming from Portsmouth :smile: Yeh going for halls, hopefully I get ridiculously lucky and get Bellerby Court with some parking.....I'm not too optimistic on that one ha.

If you applied specifically with Bellerby as your first choice, you have a pretty good chance of getting it! There's not that many people that apply for that court as far as I know.
Reply 55
I'm not sure, think it comes under manor park/band d or whatever its called which i put at the top of the list so i think its pot luck from there. Can't remember if you could actually apply for specific courts or not.
Reply 56
Original post by Ant_FoI
I'm not sure, think it comes under manor park/band d or whatever its called which i put at the top of the list so i think its pot luck from there. Can't remember if you could actually apply for specific courts or not.

I know you can't apply for specific courts on campus, I don't know if there's an option to choose bellerby though.

If it falls into the same category as Manor Park then the chances aren't as good :frown:.
Reply 57
Ahh well I can dream.....will just have to suffer without the car like everyone else :tongue:
Reply 58
Original post by hannahlou1810
You won't be the oldest if I manage my 60 distinction credit access offer - I'm 38 :smile:

Hopefully I'll see you there! I can't wait
Reply 59
Original post by Fward
Woo someone else from the south west - I'm coming from north Devon :smile:

Ahh right not too far away then :smile:
Are you finishing college or working? I'm finishing my A2 year currently :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending