The Student Room Group

Anyone else agree the big bang theory is rubbish?

I hate it. Everyone I know likes it. Do you?

Scroll to see replies

Sterling argument there geezer, you've convinced me

EDIT: ****ing hell I'm thick, I thought this was about the actual Big Bang theory not about the show
(edited 11 years ago)
You're wrong. :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by JCC-MGS
Sterling argument there geezer, you've convinced me

I can't be bothered to write an essay. God
Any specific reason? Or do you hate TV shows in general.
Reply 5
I don't like it, but I wouldn't make a thread on how much you hate it - you'll attract the sheldons of TSR.
Reply 6
Can't stand that show!! Possibly not intellectual enough to get the humour!!
If you don't like it, don't watch it. Personally I think it's great.
Ball pool Bazinga.
Rock, Paper, Scissor, Lizard, Spock.

Love it!
Reply 9
It's just corny. The jokes are rubbish. And don't get me started on the theme tune...
Reply 10
I don't like it either, I don't find it funny, just my personal opinion :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by aeterno

No +2

It's a very good program.
Yes, it's rotten. Science in jokes and a riotous laughter track AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA at the end of each sentence AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH instructing you when to laugh LAUGH AT JOKE NOW AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA do not a comedy make. At last some of the other comedies that have employed such an invasive laughter track remembered to write a comedy to go with it.
Reply 14
Maybe this will change your mind:

Classic
Reply 15
I totally agree. I hate it. It isn't funny at all. It's another **** US sitcom were the audience are basically told how to feel, when to laugh etc. I really fail to see what the millions of people who love this show find so appealing about it. What really annoys me is people thinking they have a somewhat enhanced intelligence or scientific knowledge simply by watching the show and its stupid recycled jokes about 'nerds' and how they fit into the 'normal' world.

'Sheldon is adorable! Lolz I'm such a science geek, I watch The Big Bang Theory xD' - No you are not, the show is ****. Go away.
(edited 11 years ago)
I completely agree. It brands itself as geek humour, but in reality it's humour designed for idiots. The script usually goes something like this:

"I just bought Mario for my computer"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH1!!!!!!1!!!111

"It's a PC."

HHJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAOMFGHAHAHAHLOLOLOLOLSHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Oh blast, it crashed."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHOMFGTHISISSOFUNNYHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHLFOKEOFJWEIJFWQf"!!F"F!F"!F"!!"F!"F!!"F"!F!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a geek myself it is just insulting, it is the most poorly, lazily written piece of crap on television. I could eat alphabet spaghetti and curl out a better joke in my toilet bowl.
Original post by libwt
Can't stand that show!! Possibly not intellectual enough to get the humour!!

You can't actually be serious.
Original post by Mister Dead
Yes, it's rotten. Science in jokes and a riotous laughter track AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHA at the end of each sentence AHAHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH instructing you when to laugh LAUGH AT JOKE NOW AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA do not a comedy make. At last some of the other comedies that have employed such an invasive laughter track remembered to write a comedy to go with it.

It's not a laugh track, it's real people. American audiences are just annoying and loud.
Reply 19
Compared to its current competition its like watching The Complete Works of Shakespeare.

Quick Reply

Latest