The Student Room Group

King's College London Postgraduate Applications 2012/13

Scroll to see replies

Hello everyone! I got offers for the Health & Society MSc and Health Promotions MSc. I have 2 questions for the group:

1) What are the pros and cons of each program? I'm interested in practicing community-based public health with an emphasis on the social determinants of health. My undergraduate degree is in Anthropology and Public Health and I currently work for a health nonprofit in a high (secondary) school.

2) Has anyone (especially fellow international students) heard back about funding?
Reply 401
Original post by Molade1214
Hello everyone! I got offers for the Health & Society MSc and Health Promotions MSc. I have 2 questions for the group:

1) What are the pros and cons of each program? I'm interested in practicing community-based public health with an emphasis on the social determinants of health. My undergraduate degree is in Anthropology and Public Health and I currently work for a health nonprofit in a high (secondary) school.

2) Has anyone (especially fellow international students) heard back about funding?

Hi, congrats on having offers :smile: I cant really help you with the first question but in terms of funding, from what I can gather some people have heard back and some are still waiting, so it seems to be dependent on the course you're doing
Original post by elle882
Hey! I've recently been offered a place at King's for Mental Health studies MSc, just wondering if anyone is doing the same course? And whether anyone is applying for any of the King's postgraduate accommodation halls?

:smile:

Ah well done! I've applied to this course but still haven't heard back, didn't apply until March though. Really hope I get in, I have an offer for the Clinical MSc at Sussex though so all is not lost. When did you apply?

Hopefully see you at Kings! Fingers crossed :smile:
Reply 403
hello anyone applied for postgrad nursing? let me know would love to hear from you!

Hana
Reply 404
Hi all,

Got offers from mental health in learning disabilities and mental health service & poupulation research...
Is anyone doing either?

Reply 405
Original post by Freewheelin
Ah well done! I've applied to this course but still haven't heard back, didn't apply until March though. Really hope I get in, I have an offer for the Clinical MSc at Sussex though so all is not lost. When did you apply?

Hopefully see you at Kings! Fingers crossed :smile:

Hi :smile:

I plan to do mental health in learning disabilities, so we may cover a few of the same modules!
Reply 406
I had an offer but i didn't pay for the deposit, so I have lost my place. Is there any chance to get back my place again?
Original post by Zee_zee
Hi :smile:

I plan to do mental health in learning disabilities, so we may cover a few of the same modules!

That course sounds great, are you already in London or moving there? Hopefully I'll hear soon, I hating the waiting!
Reply 408
That course sounds great, are you already in London or moving there? Hopefully I'll hear soon, I hating the waiting!

Yep I live in London. Are you in your final year at uni? I graduated last summer, I'm working at the moment to help with the costs of the horrible fees! Good luck with it all, hope you get your place! :smile:
Original post by Zee_zee
Yep I live in London. Are you in your final year at uni? I graduated last summer, I'm working at the moment to help with the costs of the horrible fees! Good luck with it all, hope you get your place! :smile:

Sort of. I did my first degree a while back in Media (I'm 30 now), and doing a 1 year conversion graduate diploma in Psychology this year at Cardiff. Yep it's expensive, I had to work for while to afford all this!
Reply 410
I have applied for a FT Funded PhD in Defence Studies at KCL. In my application I stated that if I did not get funding, I still wanted the place but on a PT basis.

I still haven't heard anything. I do not know if this is good news: I am still in the hat for funding. Or bad news: my application is being held back on a reserve basis.

Does anyone know of any announcements in this field of study; either funding news or offers of a place?

The waiting and hearing nothing is killing me....and I need to start organising my life for next year (FT or PT study)
Reply 411
Original post by NZNush
Anyone accepted into or applying for the MSc Forensic Science? Any potential classmates?

hey ya i just got accepted a few days ago but got accepted into strathcyle as well any advice?
Reply 412
Sort of. I did my first degree a while back in Media (I'm 30 now), and doing a 1 year conversion graduate diploma in Psychology this year at Cardiff. Yep it's expensive, I had to work for while to afford all this!

Oh ok good luck with it all, hopefully I'll see you in September!
Hi All- I have been made an offer for MA Environment, Politics and Globalisation. Does anyone up for the same programme? Keep in touch xo
Hello everyone. I have received an offer for MA International Relations? Is there anyone else going for it? :smile:
Hi Bowtruckle- Congratulations! I'm also looking for someone will be joining the same programme, at least we're in the same school :tongue:

Original post by Bowtruckle
Hello everyone. I have received an offer for MA International Relations? Is there anyone else going for it? :smile:
Reply 416
Original post by Bowtruckle

I'll be in the same dept as you - close enough! :tongue: (Applied for MA International Peace & Security)
Reply 417
Original post by mschatty
hey ya i just got accepted a few days ago but got accepted into strathcyle as well any advice?

Yay! Congrats! I got accepted into Strathclyde too but opted to go to King's instead. Living in London has always been a dream of mine thats why. Looking at the course outlines I don't think there is any significant difference between the two so either choice is a good choice.

Let me know what you decide, we could be classmates!

-Nush
Original post by Raspberry_Souffle
Hi Bowtruckle- Congratulations! I'm also looking for someone will be joining the same programme, at least we're in the same school :tongue:

Hey Raspberry_Souffle. Congratulations to you too for the offer. :-) Great to know that you'll be in the same school too. Have you applied for the accommodation yet?
Original post by aeterno
I'll be in the same dept as you - close enough! :tongue: (Applied for MA International Peace & Security)

That's great! :biggrin: I was thinking of applying for this programme too as my second option but then luckily, I got into MA IR. Love the 'Funneh' part in your signature, by the way. Hilarious. :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending