The Student Room Group

Advice needed on where to study CIMA!

Hello everyone,

I'm posting this on TSR on behalf of a friend of mine (a TSR account-less friend) who is fishing about trying to figure out where is the best place to study for CIMA. I mentioned I'd dig around TSR for him since TSR has been so kind to me in the past and given solid varied opinions and advice!

Hes going to be supported by his employers to study for CIMA but his employers have actually asked him where he would like to study.

He came to me and I could only think of the big names like BPP, Kaplan, and London School of Business and Finance and the London Business School

So a rather generic question to pose to all you kind readers, where is the 'best' place to study for CIMA?

I hesitated before typing 'best' purely because its one of those relative terms which no-one really knows how to interpret.

So here is what my friend would probably consider as being a top-notch or the 'best' institute:

An institution with a very high first time pass rate
Fluent English speaking lecturers/workshop tutors
A supportive environment / supportive staff

I hope this message can reach some people who may also be studying CIMA at the moment and perhaps they can share their experiences with their areas of tuition?

Thank you to everyone who will kindly contribute, both my friend and I sincerely appreciate it :smile:

All the best
Reply 1
I would recommend BPP as I've never had any major problems there. Tutors and materials are both very good (coffee machines not so good though!). The only issue I have is they separate the 'taught' and 'revision' course and you need to do both to get everything you need - but I expect other places are similar.

They also do weekend courses and there are different dates at different centres which is useful because you can reschedule certain days if you are busy at work or ill. The tutors seem to be happy to provide support after the course if you need it.
Reply 2
hey p-k!

thanks so much for your reply :smile: my friend and i were researching and we both were leaning towards BPP funnnily enough.

its great to hear that someone who actually studied there would recommend it, may i ask did you do the CIMA course whilst working or was it a qualification that you decided to do of your own accord?

thanks again
Hi,

I'm with p-k, I studied CIMA at BPP Southampton, admittedly a few years back, but the quality of teaching and resources was good. Tutors were available outside of contact time and stayed in touch afterwards too.

I had study blocks with several days of study at a time as that suited my work best at the time (pre TSR) and focused bursts of study worked best for me.

I also attended the revision course which was very worthwhile as it forces you to prepare and be ready pre exams.

I know a fair few others in 3 other areas of the country who studied with BPP all of whom had a positive experience.

Anyway just my thoughts, hope it helps :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App.
Reply 4
Original post by FireRam
hey p-k!

thanks so much for your reply :smile: my friend and i were researching and we both were leaning towards BPP funnnily enough.

its great to hear that someone who actually studied there would recommend it, may i ask did you do the CIMA course whilst working or was it a qualification that you decided to do of your own accord?

thanks again

I am doing it whilst working.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending