The Student Room Group

Pathetic indecision

Yo friends.

Let me explain my frustrating situation. I have been given an unconditional offer to Glasgow Uni, of which I duly accepted. Having achieved 4 A's and a C at higher, and predicted to get 3 A's this year in one higher and two Advanced Highers, it has been raised that I should consider dropping Glasgow and applying to Cambridge. I am aware it is too late now, but if I was to consider this further, I would be taking a gap year ( something I would delighted to do anyway ) .

Please help me guys, the vacillation is unbearable.
Reply 1
Having a C at higher and 2 Advanced Highers instead of 3 might weaken your chances a bit. Would you just be taking a gap year for the sake of a Cambridge application? If not, and you'd really like a gap year for the sake of it, do it and make an application to Cambridge in addition to other places - your grades are good enough to get into more or less whichever of the Scottish unis you like, so there's no harm in trying I guess.
Reply 2
Original post by The_beginning
Yo friends.

Let me explain my frustrating situation. I have been given an unconditional offer to Glasgow Uni, of which I duly accepted. Having achieved 4 A's and a C at higher, and predicted to get 3 A's this year in one higher and two Advanced Highers, it has been raised that I should consider dropping Glasgow and applying to Cambridge. I am aware it is too late now, but if I was to consider this further, I would be taking a gap year ( something I would delighted to do anyway ) .

What subject would you be applying for and what subjects were your highers in?
Reply 3
Yo friends.

I am a fellow Scot studying at Cambridge so I should be able to help you. Which subject are you applying to study?
Reply 4
I was considering applying to the PPSIS.

Grades are English, French, History and Music A .. with Mathematics C.

Advanced Highers this year are English and Music with a higher in Modern studies.
Reply 5
I was considering applying to the PPSIS.

Grades are English, French, History and Music A .. with Mathematics C.

Advanced Highers this year are English and Music with a higher in Modern studies.

i believe the final round of admissions for the PPS tripos has ended, unfortunately. the courses now are human, social and political science, and psychological and behavioural studies. if anything i think the hsps course looks better than pps but that's a personal judgement. having a C in maths wouldn't necessarily be the end of the the world, although i do know someone who was turned down before interview with a C in higher drama, applying for physics...

Quick Reply

Latest