The Student Room Group

One week to go - Tories on 8% lead - London Mayor 2012 POLL

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kiwie
whats more scary is that the great british public are beginning buy the mumbo jumbo they claim.

reducing anti-social behaviour and controlling immigration, review taxation cuts, are the big factors which will decide who I put a tick for.

Note: I do not support the BNP on ANY of their policies, aside from bringing troops home, but I don't support the BNP's policy on that, I support the Humanist and economic reasoning. Its just a coincidence they are anti-war in this case.

The BNP are essentially a vent and/or a protest vote. Living in an area where the BNP once had a stronghold, the third largest voter base is BNP, and the town over was controlled by the BNP, I can tell you that people who vote BNP don't do it beacuse their ideas have enligthened them, or bought into their mumbo jumpo, the BNP are the reflection of these people, they have created their own ideas about the issues, and they vent it into the BNP.

Ironically, a iron boot over the anti-social and youth problems, controlling immigrations and tax cutting are al big BNP policies.
Reply 161
All politicians are a**holes but Boris makes me laugh while he screws us.
Reply 162
Good luck Boris :heart:
Just remember I still love you no matter what happens!
Reply 163
Original post by meenu89
Good luck Boris :heart:
Just remember I still love you no matter what happens!

Awww. That's so sweet! What d'ya love about him most? The blonde fringe? The accent? Ever heard about any of his policies? Not that it matters! It is just the election for Mayor of London, so you should choose the cute, dafty one.
I voted for Lawrence Webb as my first choice, and Boris Johnson as my second preference.
Reply 165
It kind of felt like there weren't many options... it was a case of hate, hate, hate a little less...
so i just voted for the people i hated the least.
to be honest i think they're all pretty useless. but hey ho, i'm going away for uni and hoping never to come back so maybe i won't have to live with the public's decision!

i don't think it should be left entirely to the public anyway, i mean sometimes people don't know what's best for them - like the rubbish that people vote for on entertainment shows :s-smilie:
about to go and vote for my boy Boris :cool:
I have to admit, I liked when bus travel became free for schoolkids under Ken's rule. But now that I don't get free bus travel anymore, I guess I don't care so much about that :colonhash:

Still don't know who to vote for :sad:
Reply 168
Original post by NR09
Seriously?

Boris Johnson is not a dangerous bigot. He is a politician with perfectly reasonable views and beliefs which you just happen to disagree with.

And having seen interview of him on television and his appearances on a few panel shows he was genuinely funny, which is beside my point as my original statement was not meant to be taken seriously.

Actually listen to what "Boris" has to say about "chavs" (the very use of the word betraying a level of contempt for the working classes).

Have a look at who his policies have benefitted.

Think Boris is harmless? Just ask the people of Liverpool. But I suppose their views don't matter, being "Scouse scum".
Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom
I have to admit, I liked when bus travel became free for schoolkids under Ken's rule. But now that I don't get free bus travel anymore, I guess I don't care so much about that :colonhash:

Still don't know who to vote for :sad:

I don't understand how thats relevant, are some of the candidates saying they're going to scrap free bus travel for under 16s? I'm not aware of that
Original post by Fires
Look at me, I hate fun.

Learn to live a little, Buddy.
Original post by Mr Disco
Actually listen to what "Boris" has to say about "chavs" (the very use of the word betraying a level of contempt for the working classes).

Think Boris is harmless? Just ask the people of Liverpool. But I suppose their views don't matter, being "Scouse scum".

But chavs are subhuman wastes of space who in general contribute nothing to society and seem to exist solely to waste our taxes. I hate inductive fallacies as much as the next guy, but I think Boris has a point here. British society would be nothing but improved were 'chavs' either removed from the country entirely, or forced to become functioning members of society.
Reply 172

Thicko.
Reply 173

I think you've taken my original comment way to seriously and have become way to angry about it.

And having never been to Liverpool I really can't comment about the people from there, and having never been to London and knowing nobody who lives there I now regret entering this discussion as I honestly couldn't care less who wins the Mayoral elections.
Reply 174
Original post by Roger Mexico
But Jews are subhuman wastes of space who in general contribute nothing to society and seem to exist solely to waste our taxes. I hate inductive fallacies as much as the next guy, but I think Hitler has a point here. German society would be nothing but improved were Jews either removed from the country entirely, or forced to become functioning members of society.

Ein volk...
Reply 175
Original post by Iron Lady
Thicko.

I like the way you capture Johnson's incapacity for reasoned argument.
Reply 176
Original post by NR09
I think you've taken my original comment way to seriously and have become way to angry about it.

And having never been to Liverpool I really can't comment about the people from there, and having never been to London and knowing nobody who lives there I now regret entering this discussion as I honestly couldn't care less who wins the Mayoral elections.

That you don't care is beside the point; it was a silly thing to say. Furthermore it is, unfortunately, a view I have seen and heard replicated by many others.

I think you have missed the point about Liverpool somewhat:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/3749548.stm
I can't produce a viable argument so will resort to strawman fallacies instead.

Inspired.
Original post by internet tough guy
I don't understand how thats relevant, are some of the candidates saying they're going to scrap free bus travel for under 16s? I'm not aware of that

Not that I know of, no. I just said it because at least it's one good thing that came about under Ken's rule.
Reply 179
Just voted for Boris, and Conservative for constituency/London-wide assembly member.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending