The Student Room Group

Scaffolding Piercing.

Can anybody tell me how painful it is to get one, if painful at all?
Also, how much did you pay?

Scroll to see replies

Very painful. I think mine cost £35, but it was a long time ago so I can't really remember.

I'd say it was my most painful piercing, and I've had a lot :sadnod:
Reply 2
Original post by Sakura-Chan
Very painful. I think mine cost £35, but it was a long time ago so I can't really remember.

I'd say it was my most painful piercing, and I've had a lot :sadnod:

This scares me :shock:..
I was awful just when I had my ears done aha.
Original post by Staceycake
This scares me :shock:..
I was awful just when I had my ears done aha.

Honesty is the best policy :wink: But I'm sure it'll be more than worth it! :yep:
Was the 1st proper piercing I got, and the only one I still have. It hurt the most also, not sure why, might be the angles, but I love it. (For the record i've had: lips, rook, tragus, sideburn, belly, nose, tongue and sternum piercings done in the past).
I have a lot of piercings and it was definitely not my most painful. Just a short hot pain twice, really standard piercings. It was an absolute bitch to heal though, it wasn't 100% for over 2 years - just due to the nature of the piercing, the placement and me taking the bar out a few times.

I had mine done over 5 years ago now and I can leave the bar out for a couple of weeks and it goes back in fine. Just don't expect anything like that for a couple of years.

I paid £25 for mine at a really good studio, but as I mentioned earlier, this was over 5 years ago now so I imagine you'd be looking at a bit more.
it's meant to be pretty painful and pretty hard to heal, I have a helix piercing which just has never healed due to a bump it developed, make sure you get it done with a needle and not a gun :smile:
It was bad but not unbearable, plus it's a really cool-looking piercing so that makes up for it!

I paid £40 about 5 years ago.
Original post by littlechinagirl
I have a lot of piercings and it was definitely not my most painful. Just a short hot pain twice, really standard piercings. It was an absolute bitch to heal though, it wasn't 100% for over 2 years - just due to the nature of the piercing, the placement and me taking the bar out a few times.

I had mine done over 5 years ago now and I can leave the bar out for a couple of weeks and it goes back in fine. Just don't expect anything like that for a couple of years.

I paid £25 for mine at a really good studio, but as I mentioned earlier, this was over 5 years ago now so I imagine you'd be looking at a bit more.

This. Mine took just over a year to heal, but I loved it so had to deal with it lol. Mine was also £25 but again, a few years ago. I have candy cane spikes on the end of mine :smile:
Reply 9
I've been quoted £10 so a lot cheaper than all yours :cool:

Imma pluck up the courage and go next week... wish me luck? :^_^:
Reply 10
I got mine about 2 years ago. Got the two done separately at 16g and didn't hurt that much, healed well and got the final 14g bar put in after 2 months... which hurt a bitch! I would say mine took about 1 year to heal properly, and it does hurt after knocking... a lot.

Mine was about £35 at a good studio, would say maybe go for more expensive than £10 and get it done properly. As long as you clean it religiously I there shouldn't be any problems!
Reply 11
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero
it's meant to be pretty painful and pretty hard to heal, I have a helix piercing which just has never healed due to a bump it developed, make sure you get it done with a needle and not a gun :smile:

Was the bump keloid scarring? Because I got that around my tragus, and when I had to take steroids when I was ill, it went away. Maybe see if you can get your doctor to prescribe a steroid cream? Works wonders!
Original post by emcero
Was the bump keloid scarring? Because I got that around my tragus, and when I had to take steroids when I was ill, it went away. Maybe see if you can get your doctor to prescribe a steroid cream? Works wonders!

I'm not sure tbh I think it's a lump of scar tissue because I accidently ripped a 3mm ball through the piercing long story, lots of blood D:smile:
Can anybody tell me how painful it is to get one, if painful at all?
Also, how much did you pay?

Mine didn't hurt at all but it was really hard to heal.

It is my favourite though so don't be put off!
Original post by TitchTheAntiHero

Put bio oil on your bump once or twice a day and it'll be gone in no time.
Does anyone have the piercing with long hair? I'm considering it but it seems kind of... tangly.
I've been quoted £10 so a lot cheaper than all yours :cool:

Imma pluck up the courage and go next week... wish me luck? :^_^:

I would honestly be wary of somewhere charging that cheap.
Look online and see if you can find reviews of the shop etc
(bodyjewelleryshop.com has a review section so try there)

Original post by lifeguardsleeping
Does anyone have the piercing with long hair? I'm considering it but it seems kind of... tangly.

I have long hair, sometimes bits of hair get caught on the ball nearest my head, but it's not a big deal.
Reply 17
Original post by Popppppy
I would honestly be wary of somewhere charging that cheap.
Look online and see if you can find reviews of the shop etc
(bodyjewelleryshop.com has a review section so try there.

http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/piercing_directory/studio/salamer_skin_deep_de1_3nr.cfm#custmerComments

Some good + some bad :confused:

I just googled the studio and this came up
http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/City-centre-ear-piercing-went-wrong-hospital-days/story-12995183-detail/story.html

It's up to you obviously, but perhaps look around at some other shops too?
Do you have any friends who have got piercings elsewhere that could point you in a good direction?

Quick Reply