Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Scaffolding Piercing.

Announcements Posted on
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me how painful it is to get one, if painful at all?
    Also, how much did you pay?
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Very painful. I think mine cost £35, but it was a long time ago so I can't really remember.

I'd say it was my most painful piercing, and I've had a lot :sadnod:
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Very painful. I think mine cost £35, but it was a long time ago so I can't really remember.

I'd say it was my most painful piercing, and I've had a lot :sadnod:
    This scares me :shock:..
    I was awful just when I had my ears done aha.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Staceycake)
    This scares me :shock:..
    I was awful just when I had my ears done aha.
    Honesty is the best policy But I'm sure it'll be more than worth it! :yep:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Was the 1st proper piercing I got, and the only one I still have. It hurt the most also, not sure why, might be the angles, but I love it. (For the record i've had: lips, rook, tragus, sideburn, belly, nose, tongue and sternum piercings done in the past).
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I have a lot of piercings and it was definitely not my most painful. Just a short hot pain twice, really standard piercings. It was an absolute bitch to heal though, it wasn't 100% for over 2 years - just due to the nature of the piercing, the placement and me taking the bar out a few times.

I had mine done over 5 years ago now and I can leave the bar out for a couple of weeks and it goes back in fine. Just don't expect anything like that for a couple of years.

I paid £25 for mine at a really good studio, but as I mentioned earlier, this was over 5 years ago now so I imagine you'd be looking at a bit more.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    it's meant to be pretty painful and pretty hard to heal, I have a helix piercing which just has never healed due to a bump it developed, make sure you get it done with a needle and not a gun
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It was bad but not unbearable, plus it's a really cool-looking piercing so that makes up for it!

I paid £40 about 5 years ago.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littlechinagirl)
    I have a lot of piercings and it was definitely not my most painful. Just a short hot pain twice, really standard piercings. It was an absolute bitch to heal though, it wasn't 100% for over 2 years - just due to the nature of the piercing, the placement and me taking the bar out a few times.

I had mine done over 5 years ago now and I can leave the bar out for a couple of weeks and it goes back in fine. Just don't expect anything like that for a couple of years.

I paid £25 for mine at a really good studio, but as I mentioned earlier, this was over 5 years ago now so I imagine you'd be looking at a bit more.

This. Mine took just over a year to heal, but I loved it so had to deal with it lol. Mine was also £25 but again, a few years ago. I have candy cane spikes on the end of mine
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been quoted £10 so a lot cheaper than all yours :cool:

Imma pluck up the courage and go next week... wish me luck? :^_^:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got mine about 2 years ago. Got the two done separately at 16g and didn't hurt that much, healed well and got the final 14g bar put in after 2 months... which hurt a bitch! I would say mine took about 1 year to heal properly, and it does hurt after knocking... a lot.

Mine was about £35 at a good studio, would say maybe go for more expensive than £10 and get it done properly. As long as you clean it religiously I there shouldn't be any problems!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitchTheAntiHero)
    it's meant to be pretty painful and pretty hard to heal, I have a helix piercing which just has never healed due to a bump it developed, make sure you get it done with a needle and not a gun
    Was the bump keloid scarring? Because I got that around my tragus, and when I had to take steroids when I was ill, it went away. Maybe see if you can get your doctor to prescribe a steroid cream? Works wonders!
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emcero)
    Was the bump keloid scarring? Because I got that around my tragus, and when I had to take steroids when I was ill, it went away. Maybe see if you can get your doctor to prescribe a steroid cream? Works wonders!
    I'm not sure tbh I think it's a lump of scar tissue because I accidently ripped a 3mm ball through the piercing long story, lots of blood D
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anybody tell me how painful it is to get one, if painful at all?
    Also, how much did you pay?
    Mine didn't hurt at all but it was really hard to heal.

It is my favourite though so don't be put off!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitchTheAntiHero)
    Put bio oil on your bump once or twice a day and it'll be gone in no time.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the piercing with long hair? I'm considering it but it seems kind of... tangly.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I've been quoted £10 so a lot cheaper than all yours :cool:

Imma pluck up the courage and go next week... wish me luck? :^_^:
    I would honestly be wary of somewhere charging that cheap.
    Look online and see if you can find reviews of the shop etc
    (bodyjewelleryshop.com has a review section so try there)

(Original post by lifeguardsleeping)
    Does anyone have the piercing with long hair? I'm considering it but it seems kind of... tangly.
    I have long hair, sometimes bits of hair get caught on the ball nearest my head, but it's not a big deal.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Popppppy)
    I would honestly be wary of somewhere charging that cheap.
    Look online and see if you can find reviews of the shop etc
    (bodyjewelleryshop.com has a review section so try there.
    http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/pie...ustmerComments

Some good + some bad :confused:
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I just googled the studio and this came up
    http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ci...ail/story.html

It's up to you obviously, but perhaps look around at some other shops too?
    Do you have any friends who have got piercings elsewhere that could point you in a good direction?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    This doesn't seem good: http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Ci...ail/story.html

Edit: Oh popppppy's posted that too

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: September 21, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.