The Student Room Group

Postgrad at Newcastle Uni

Hi everyone,

I am just applying for the MSc International Marine Environmental Conservation masters, I applied last week, just wondering if anyone else is applying, this course or any others and if you know how long they usually take to give an offer or decline??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by haydoncrewduk
Hi everyone,

I am just applying for the MSc International Marine Environmental Conservation masters, I applied last week, just wondering if anyone else is applying, this course or any others and if you know how long they usually take to give an offer or decline??

As a general point, Newcastle are usually fairly quick to process admissions (from experience).
Reply 2
Original post by haydoncrewduk
Hi everyone,

Hi,
I applied for Msc in Marine Transport with Management two weeks ago and recently got an unconditional offer. They say 3 weeks is maximum to consider an application.
Bytheway do you know how long they normally wait till I respond? I need other unis to reply but really want to make sure Newcastle has one place reserved for me:smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Tonysh
Hi,
I applied for Msc in Marine Transport with Management two weeks ago and recently got an unconditional offer. They say 3 weeks is maximum to consider an application.
Bytheway do you know how long they normally wait till I respond? I need other unis to reply but really want to make sure Newcastle has one place reserved for me:smile:

Yey for quickness, its been 10 days and I just wana know!
sorry I don't know anything about responding, NCL is my only application :smile:
Reply 4
Well, all the best to you:smile: Hope you get it soon.
Sorry if I ask too much but what is your reasoning for picking Newc Uni only?
I mean lots of unis offer marine studies (Soton, Aberdeen, etc) but your only choice is Newc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
If I go to Ncl I can live at home and have a parttime job i can keep, and I can't afford to go anywere else unfortunatly :frown:
Reply 6
Hi, everybody

I applied like 2 weeks ago for the Marine Transport with Management MSc of Newcastle University.

Somebody knows if the admission to this postgraduate program is difficult or they are not very strict in order to enter?

I hope I can have a good reply from them.
Reply 7
well man it really depends on you and your documents:smile: so just wait and let us know when you get it. anyway it seems like this kind of program is not that popular as others in management since its specialization is narrow so we all got pretty good chances:smile:
Reply 8
Well, I think that I submitted all the documents that they need. Yes, I will wait for their reply, fingers crossed out :smile:.

However, after how many days they sent you the unconditional offer?
Reply 9
12 days exactly. Did you apply only for this program or you have some more applications pending?
Reply 10
Great news!!! I just received my unconditional offer.............Actually, until right now Newcastle University has been my only application, because I think that its MSc program is the more suitable for me.

Nevertheless, I'm planning to apply to Liverpool John Moore University too..............what about you, do you have more applications in other Uni???
Reply 11
Yes I did receive an offer from Cardiff and Greenwich as well. And now whant to apply to some more unis in Europe. What are your plans upon graduation? Will you stay or go back home?
Reply 12
I am plannig to apply to Cardiff too, they also have good MSc programs.

I want to stay for a while in UK or in other part of Europe, maybe work in a shipping line or broker will be good for me, but let's see what happen.......and you?
Reply 13
The same. Where are u from? :smile:
Reply 14
I am from different parts jeje.....I was born in Russia, but my father is Panamanian and my mother is Ecuadorian............and I live in Ecuador since I was 6 years old.............and where you come from???
Reply 15
Russia. So what abt Newcastle, have u accepted it yet?
Reply 16
Russia, nice..........In which city do you live????..............I'd already accepted the unconditional offer, but I hadn't done the deposit payment.....I will wait for a while
Reply 17
In Rostov. Did you consider other countries to come to study? I am a bit sceptical about UK after the closure of PSW visa. Don't u affraid that it will be almost impossible to work there since your prospective employer will have to do so many things to keep you in the country?
Reply 18
I was born in Moscow, hope to visit Russia again asap. :smile:

Yes, I was considering Belgium, Sweden or Australia, they have good master programs related to the maritime business. However, UK's universities had given me more information relating to these studies, especially Newcastle University.

Certainly, I have the same concern that you have. UK working permissions, right now are so hard, if I don't have the possibility to stay in UK, I will try to move on to Sweden, Denmark or other country where maybe I could have better chances of gain more maritime working experience.
Reply 19
That is nice to always have a plan. I think that British unis are trying to do everything to lure you cause the number of students coming to get their PG degree is about to drop following recent changes in labor policy. That's why it seems now so easy to be accepted unconditionally. I wish to be wrong but late developments in this area make me think like that.

Do u have some relevant working experience in this field so far?

Quick Reply

Latest