Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Cisse goal

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know it's a little late but I'm on travel and saw Cisse goal, and I thought that was pretty amazing, and drogba reaction was funny.

I remember kicking like Cisse when I was a kid, hard and fast but went no where near the goal.

I wish I saw more goals like these!
    • 46 followers

ReputationRep:
    To be honest there have been some cracking goals this season: Ben Arfa, Crouch, and Cisse's have stood out for me though.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Goal of the season is certainly going to be very tight this season.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    As jaw dropping as it was, I wonder how much he meant it..

I mean he obviously meant to shoot at the goal but did he mean that?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

I agree. I am sure the way it curled meant he completely sliced it, or he went for the most ambitious outside of the foot shot ever (which I doubt). Even after it had gone in he looked slightly embarrassed and didn't celebrate much.

I preferred his first goal, pure class.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    He definitely meant it. He clearly sliced it deliberately because there was no way he was going to be able to beat Cech from there with sheer power.

That is right up there with Ben Arfa's goal as a top contender for goal of the season for me.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Goal of the season for sure. No doubt he didn't expect the amount of movement on the ball etc. but it was just a sublime finish.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally for me, it's goal of the season. Rarely will you ever see a technical shot combined with just pure pace to beat a keeper. That's the kind of technique you can't teach, you've either got it or you don't. Cisse has it.
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)

I doubt he meant to do that :rofl:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    He clearly meant to bend it with the outside of his foot but definitely didn't mean to bend it that much, it ended up just inside the post lol.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    He must have meant to hit it with the outside of his foot else he'd have been aiming closer to the (left as he was looking) corner flag. He probably was either aiming for the near post or just somewhere at the goal rather than the far past though, but bloody hell, it looked good.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrresss)
    I agree. I am sure the way it curled meant he completely sliced it, or he went for the most ambitious outside of the foot shot ever (which I doubt). Even after it had gone in he looked slightly embarrassed and didn't celebrate much.

I preferred his first goal, pure class.
    I doubt he sliced it as his body position and swing of his leg would otherwise have meant he was aiming for row z. I dunno, it looked pretty deliberate to me. Cisse is full of confidence - this shot just exudes the confidence and audacity that he currently has to know he can pull it off.

As for his first goal, it was pretty much a carbon copy of Henry's also against chelsea which is the first thing that came to my head when I saw him score it. :coma:

• 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nosaer)
    I doubt he sliced it as his body position and swing of his leg would otherwise have meant he was aiming for row z. I dunno, it looked pretty deliberate to me. Cisse is full of confidence - this shot just exudes the confidence and audacity that he currently has to know he can pull it off.

As for his first goal, it was pretty much a carbon copy of Henry's also against chelsea which is the first thing that came to my head when I saw him score it. :coma:

Reminded me more of this. Outside of the foot shot but obviously not as much swerve as Cisse

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Reminded me more of this. Outside of the foot shot but obviously not as much swerve as Cisse
    I was referring to his first strike
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to his first strike
    Haha yeah you were, sorry, completely overlooked that

Haven't seen his first goal yet.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:

Nice call on the Henry, I couldn't remember that goal, but did think to myself that it was a goal Henry would have scored.

If he meant it, then fair play, easily the best goal of the season (which I didn't think I'd be saying after Crouches or Suarez' goals, but they keep getting better).

But I'm still not convinced. After he shoots he seems to be looking at the close side of the goal.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Torrresss)
    Nice call on the Henry, I couldn't remember that goal, but did think to myself that it was a goal Henry would have scored.

If he meant it, then fair play, easily the best goal of the season (which I didn't think I'd be saying after Crouches or Suarez' goals, but they keep getting better).

But I'm still not convinced. After he shoots he seems to be looking at the close side of the goal.
    Yeah from that angle you're probably right as it looked like he meant to hit it in at the near post or at least on target. Can't lie - am well jealous Newcastle bagged Ba in the first half of the season and now this guy for £10M was it?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant goal but complete fluke, he just went for the net on his first hit!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i prefer the crouch goal, it's the one i'd have prefered to score and i love how it doesn't touch the ground from stoke keeper to the back of the net
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah from that angle you're probably right as it looked like he meant to hit it in at the near post or at least on target. Can't lie - am well jealous Newcastle bagged Ba in the first half of the season and now this guy for £10M was it?
    Yeah to think they got Cisse and Ba for 10mil(ish) combined is nuts. When Ba was on fire first half of the season, and Cisse even more so in the second half. Definitely done well in the transfer window with limited funds.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: May 5, 2012
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.