The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

please help

can i use the credits i earned in my first year of uni on a undergraduate course to then carry on my second and third year on at the open university? and will student finance still cover me as im still covered by them?
Reply 1
Original post by jus2sik
can i use the credits i earned in my first year of uni on a undergraduate course to then carry on my second and third year on at the open university? and will student finance still cover me as im still covered by them?

Yes you can normally transfer your credits. Depends on what you've done this year and what you want to do at the ou. You will still get funding but. Dont think you get the same living allowance etc because they expect you to work or live at home. What degree are not doing atm?
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Yes you can :smile: .. according to your degree, what are you doing ? :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by bownessie
Yes you can normally transfer your credits. Depends on what you've done this year and what you want to do at the ou. You will still get funding but. Dont think you get the same living allowance etc because they expect you to work or live at home. What degree are not doing atm?

im doing network and mobile computing but ive heard they did a computing it with networking pathway or something, how much does the open university cost do you know?
Reply 4
With the new fee it is 5k per 120 credits. The equivalent of 1 years full time studying
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by bownessie
With the new fee it is 5k per 120 credits. The equivalent of 1 years full time studying

do you know if student finance cover you through personal experience?
Reply 6
Original post by jus2sik
do you know if student finance cover you through personal experience?

If you've only been at a brick university for 1 year then you should get some funding from student finance. Whether it'll cover your whole course, I don't know. Usually you're entitled to the length of your degree + 1 year - so if you were studying a 3 year full time degree you'd be allowed 4 years funding if you had to retake a year for whatever reason. I'm not sure it's so clear when going from full-time to part-time or vice versa. But you should get the majority covered, at least. These are questions you really need to be directing at the OU and the student loans company though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest