The Student Room Group

AQA History HIS3M The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007

I really want to get an A in this subject and am at a B so far (without coursework)
I am uncertain about how to achieve this grade in the exam as it is soooo hard!!!
Please! Anyone who is getting a GRADE A or GRADE B in their school internal mocks, can you please give me a way to structure it both effectively and in a way that I will be able to adopt.

ALSO, how are you finding revision?
How are you revising?
Things like this :smile: thank you xx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Not sure if this helps, but a lot of my friends are using flash cards to memorise key dates/people.

Also, a heck load of past papers and essays, but bet you know that already :biggrin:

My teacher photocopies her ex-students' papers to give us - both the A and C grades for us to make comparisons and use the techniques of the successful ones.

Good luck!
Reply 2
Dreading this exam... mainly because it has 40 mark questions which are just daunting in themselves
Reply 3
I got full marks on one of the mocks we did, I dont how I did lol. What did everyone get in their courseworks?
Reply 4
Still writing mine XD
Reply 5
Original post by sajerz
Still writing mine XD

Really, lol :biggrin: when you handing it in then?
Reply 6
Original post by Pogiberto
Really, lol :biggrin: when you handing it in then?

Next week.. I've done 5000+ words so I'm just faffing over what to delete.
Reply 7
Original post by sajerz
Next week.. I've done 5000+ words so I'm just faffing over what to delete.

What was your coursework question?
Reply 8
In the context if 1863 to 1980, how far did Black Power slow the civil rights movement between 1955 and 1975?

I ended up with 6000 words which was ridiculous so started again 4 days ago and now I've just emailed it to my teacher... so now to revise for an exam tomorrow XD
Reply 9
our teacher wont tell us cw coz its end of year grade. boo.
Reply 10
Original post by LondonLT

What???? thats harsh :/ At least my teacher told me mine
Reply 11
What???? thats harsh :/ At least my teacher told me mine

i know :frown: aha be happy!
ive been ill all week so revision one week behind, stressing
Yey! finally found my fellow stress people for this exam..ahh! found this the other day, SO helpful!!!!!!
http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/making_of_modern_britain_revision_guide
Reply 13
Original post by LondonLT

That happen to us at my school aswell, i think teachers should tell us so we know what to aim for and see where we are at our current grade. :/
Reply 14
Can anyone tell me what is the best possible way of revising this unit?
how to break it down into different content so it will be useful in the exam?
thank you:smile:
Reply 15
In class we've been revising different areas - politics, the economy, foreign policy and society - and looking at them across the whole time period - eg, how much society changed between 1951 and 2007. I've found it really useful, I'd recommend it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 16
Original post by codle
In class we've been revising different areas - politics, the economy, foreign policy and society - and looking at them across the whole time period - eg, how much society changed between 1951 and 2007. I've found it really useful, I'd recommend it :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

I dont suppose any one has the reading list for this unit ? :smile:
Reply 17
I got full marks on one of the mocks we did, I dont how I did lol. What did everyone get in their courseworks?

I got 56/60 which gives me an A* (according to last year's grade boundary so hopefully it doesn't change much) soooooooo happy, I'm at an A grade now, and need to maintain this. However, can I please have maybe a photo of your perfect essay? If you don't mind. If you do, then don't worry. :smile: thanks..I just want to see your technique
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 18
i dont even know what im on , how depressing
Reply 19
So are we taking it the synoptic will be Foreign Policy? It would seem it must be, as it's the third exam and it's yet to come on the paper, what does everyone think?

Quick Reply